#41 alanj312

alanj312

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:39 AM

Round 1 , 73 +1

Round 2, 76 +4

In round 2 I actually thought I was going to have a great round. Then I hit hole 16. In the water twice shot a 7 for a par 3 hole. So much for great.

As far as the  Aid question is concerned. I am a max aid player, 3c swing. I have over 270 hours invested in the game, I've tried all combo's of aids. I've tried MS to. Obviously I'm not going to get much better at this game. Which is ok with me. If I shoot 68-76 I'm happy

If the game was any harder and my results were always in the 80's I'd go back to Links. Nor would I want to shoot in the 50's all the time.

I have difficulty with the snap, I'm sure my reflexes weren't what they used to be. But I'm more interested in the Math of the game not how twitchy my finger is. So I don't see myself ever coming off Max aids.

I do believe that the person setting up the tournament has the right to set the parameters to whatever they like. But if I can't use Max Max

then I can't,won't play. I don't play online so this is perfect for me. Actually I'm hoping that someday they make an adjustable AI player.

Last but not Least

Thanks for doing this Ted. I figure it can't be easy

I for one am perfectly happy the way you run it

Regards

Al

• Greensboronclion and Ted_Ball like this

#42 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:47 AM

Cheers Al. Nice shootin' mate

#43 KingJavo

KingJavo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:08 AM

Thanks in advance for setting up these tourneys.  I probably lost at least 4 strokes due to short putts.  Tough putting using MS, but I'm trying to grind it.

Good times either way!  :)

MS Min/Min BLI

First Round

+7

Attached Files

#44 jayw4862

jayw4862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:11 AM

Just wanted to say "Thanks Ted for setting these tourneys up and for all the time you spend on keeping things in order and up-to-date".  

Jay

• frank70 likes this

HP Desktop -

Windows 98 -

Very Fast Dial-Up -

Celeron 133Mhz -

64MB Ram -

Radeon 7000 Graphics Card -

20TB HD - (can save a lot of pictures and stuff)

Jay  :)

#45 jayw4862

jayw4862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:01 AM

Round 4 F9 = 37 B9 = 35  (72) 

Looking forward to the next one Ted. Thanks for the fun!!! Not sure if I can help in any way, but if I can, let me know. 

Jay

HP Desktop -

Windows 98 -

Very Fast Dial-Up -

Celeron 133Mhz -

64MB Ram -

Radeon 7000 Graphics Card -

20TB HD - (can save a lot of pictures and stuff)

Jay  :)

#46 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for your support Jay. Well played.

All advice about the optimum conditions for realistic scoring for each course is always good. And any ideas about new competitions are welcome as well (handicaps maybe?)

Cheers mate.

#47 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:21 AM

74, +2, 3-clicker, moderate assists.  Three birdies in the first four holes, thought I was headed for glory but I hit into some hazard rocks on the back nine and got a few unlucky bounces.

#48 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:39 AM

Round 2 (MS/min/Min) 78

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

#49 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:38 AM

Round 3, MS, Off/Min, BLI: -1 (71)

Gusty was a different animal. I have played 99 % of my time under calm and breezy condition so far. So it was a challenge, but a wonderful one, because shot making (high/low trajectory etc.) came into play. Had a nice back 9 and missed a 5 foot dribbler downhill at the last.

Attached Files

#50 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:51 AM

How about the next event instead of stoke play we make it Stableford.  Say Crystal Pines like the one that used to be on the PGA tour each year in Colorado as that course is just like it.   Just a thought as it would really be something different and it would make you go for shots you usually don't try as it is more of a risk reward event.

#51 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:57 AM

Round 4, MS, Off/Min, BLI: E (72)

Pin positioning was crucial in Round 4. To get near the hole, i had to shape alot of shots .....  and was caught on the par 3 16th, where i put a little bit too much draw on the ball and landed after one bounce on the green in the water. My putting was off a little bit, as i pulled a lot of putts and left some shots on the greens.

My tournament is finished .......  leader in the clubhouse  :D  (You just have to play real fast to do it ;) )

Thanks Teddy for setting up the tournament. Should I f5 the whole next days to check out the leaderboard???? Ah .... no!!  

Attached Files

#52 blueblood1995

blueblood1995

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:58 AM

In an attempt to win this years 1st prize of $1M (kindly donated by the tournament organiser T_Ball) I've reverted to using max/max aids! Yes... soft, but nevertheless we have a tournament to win and playing purely for the enjoyment is "not an option"!

1st round - 35/35 = 70 (-2)

Highlight: eagle on no. 2 after a 3 iron into a slight breeze which landed pin-high 2m from the cup like a butterfly in a rainforest... or a military drone on a grassy knoll amidst the conflict of war. (Depends on what "floats ya boat" I guess?)

Lowlight: Playing too much "go straight at it" golf whereby many greens were missed due to the easy (or not so easy!) pin positions cut close to greens edge.

Cheerio... I'm off to Butter's Cabin for a quick lie down!

• Greensboronclion likes this

iMac (late 2012)

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

27-inch display (2560 x 1440)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048MB

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

#53 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:58 AM

Blueblood I just LMAO.   The sad part for team Greensboro is even at Max aids I am clueless and have no shot but don't mind having my arse handed to me as it is great fun on tour when there is no pressure.  I just told Joey and Notah after some practice as nobody gives a damn if I am  here or not anymore so what the hell we will just have fun.  To the bar we go guys.

#54 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:59 AM

Congrats frank.

Really enjoying tales from the fairways once we get into the clubhouse. Makes it very interesting. It's what it's all about.

Meat tray raffles on the hour to raise the $1 mill.

#55 Reynhardt_p2

Reynhardt_p2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

Round 2: -5 (67) MS, min assists.

This game can be so frustrating....especially short putts!

#56 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

Speaking of short putts has anyone noticed that with the stimp up to 11 that you can go to the flag on a flat putt and every one in awhile it will only go about halfway? Had this happen In rd 2 from about 30 inches and have started going past the flag much more on flat putts. I still can't see how some can say the putting is easy and those short ones you really have to take your time on. Just my thougts.

#57 BLINDT

BLINDT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

Rd 2  - E 72

out   40

back 32

-5 last 5 holes helped

#58 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

Round 3 (min/min MS) 73 - Much better this one and had it not been for an out of bounds from the 18th tee leading to a 7 and a perfectly good putt not staying in the hole on the 17th, it would have been under par.  Keep up the good work Teddy :)

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

#59 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

Round one. Shot a -4, 68. Except for a three putt bogey on 11. I was on fire on the back nine. Shot a -3 on the back with an eagle on number 15! The front nine was pretty pedestrian however, 2 birdies and a single bogey there. Time to say hi to my buddy Phil, and wash down this fairway dust with something cold and alcoholic to drink :)
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#60 Golfman454ss

Golfman454ss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDelavan, Wi

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:12 PM

Rd 1 I shot a 67. Click max aides.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users