#141 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:48 AM

Long time in coming but the update is pretty decent.  I've had to take the graphics down to medium to get the frames I used to playing but that doesn't bother me.

I like the putting meter and the chip physics.  I haven't checked the wind and how much of an affect it has.  Sidehill lies appear to be better.

Thanks for the effort.  The game is feeling more and more like Links 2003, at least in the physics department, which is a good thing.

Alan

I loved Links 2003  1.07, but I will be very disappointed if PG doesn't surpass Links by miles.

• Fairwayman likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#142 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:13 AM

I seem to have 'lost' my comet trail? :huh: Tried everything but I can't get a trail going? What's this, a bug? I tried putting it off, then playing a couple of shots, then going back and putting the comet on and a trail, but nothing gives? Anybody else having this? I play with the follow cam on. The 'full' ball tracer works, but no comet...

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#143 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:53 AM

There is an option in the settings now to change the size of the comet trail, it may have defaulted to a lower setting so you can play with it see how it works.

#144 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:20 AM

There is an option in the settings now to change the size of the comet trail, it may have defaulted to a lower setting so you can play with it see how it works.

I know Mike. I was a bit mystified by this, so now I went to the driving range and turned everything off, went to low settings, no extra's, nothing, just super basic, and put the comet slider on max (0,10) and I finally got a small trail, but only for the first half of the ballflight. It looks like something happend after the upgrade. At first (after the upgrade), I had big trouble with my settings which used to be medium, with A.A. on, with 'tree's' at 160, 'shadows' at 100, 'grass' at 100, and 'camview' on 2000, with 'dynamic cam' on, playing full screen @ 1280x800. Everything worked well, had a smooth swing and exceptable graphics. But after, it all went down.

Now, I tweaked some, playing medium with A.A. on, 'tree Q'.at 3.09, 'max tree Q.'at 30, 'grass' at 70 and 'camview' at around 900. I have 'lower Q. on swing' on. Now I adjusted the resolution to 1280x720 which works better. All in all, it's not yet like I want it, and I'm still fiddling with stuff, trying all kinds of things, but the 'comet thing' is super minimal at best. So I guess it must be my machine, seeing there IS a (faint) comet. But only in the most basic (bare) set up right now. And on the range, which is ofcourse not the same as on a course.  It looks like the upgrade is asking a lot of my rig. I can play without the comet, and I'm able to follow/see the ball clearly during flight, but the use of the comet is a nice option. If I can't use it right now, it is what it is...

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#145 marts30

marts30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:25 PM

I also feel the comet the is shorter, even at max.

#146 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:24 PM

Just want to thank the team for the new update. Still tweaking and trying out a few things graphically but enjoying the new look. After adjusting to the new speedtree "trees" and their look, quite impressed with the difference it makes along with the vegetation. The sway of the trees is quite realistic looking in the breeze.

Took very little time to adjust to new putting meter. 6-10 footers can be challenging with a break, but then they are IRL, so that's a good thing. As far as the breaking too soon when first hit, part of that may be due to the new camera angle if being used, but in addition to that possibility this can be common IRL also. If your ball is sitting right on top of the fall line you must be very careful to start your putt on the right line or it is going to fall off one way or the other right from the start. Again, realistic. I wasn't sure I was going to like the new meter as I thought the old one was fine, but now that I'm using it I do think it is more challenging on really long putts as it should be.

I like the changes to the short game especially after the "update to the update". Very realistic roll out now, especially on chips. At first I felt pitches were totally screwed up, but then after hitting a few I realized the change that had been made and adjusted to it. As with all things new, a little practice helps a great deal.

Really looking forward now to new animations and especially some new courses. With U5 now in place I think we're in for a treat when new courses start coming out.

The new stats are a nice addition and glad to have them; I'm guessing more stats will be added with time. One in particular should be number of greens hit during the round, not just a pct. In fact, I'd rather see the number of greens hit instead of the pct. if only one can be shown right now. Just a thought...

In regards to the wind: windy conditions are still too high in my opinion. I played a round at that level and was able to figure out how much to compensate for the "gale", but it was just unnatural looking to me and not an enjoyable round of golf. Breezy is just right and combined with the new tree graphics a delight to play under. I doubt I'll be using the Windy setting much unless the range is dropped about 5-10 mph, which would still be difficult to play under but more realistic. Again, just a thought and opinion.

All in all I love the new changes. Thanks guys for your hard work and efforts to make this the best golf game of all time. I will be looking forward to future updates, courses and innovations as time passes. You guys are the best...

Ken
Ken

#147 wingates

wingates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNorth West England

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:47 PM

Can someone please talk me through the 73% crash fix. low spec PC here but could play with everything turned down.

#148 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:57 PM

Hi Wingates, long time.. That was an mac issue I believe.. It had been an issue on windows but it got fixed real quick.. Sorry can't be of more help..

• wingates likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#149 wingates

wingates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:06 PM

Thanks Axe.

• axe360 likes this

#150 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:14 PM

Can someone please talk me through the 73% crash fix. low spec PC here but could play with everything turned down.

W,

Try this suggestion from AJ in another thread.....

Probably you have a bad course file in your course list.  Please go to the courses folder and check that you only have one copy of each course in that folder.  The courses folder can be found by right clicking on your game in steam and selecting properties, then selecting the local files tab then clicking browse local files. Once in the courses folder delete all the courses from your hard drive.

Now go into steam and from the same place you were before validate your local files cache. This will prompt steam to redownload the courses.  Now you should have no issues

;)

#151 wingates

wingates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:18 PM

Thanks Daz, will try that.

#152 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

Good looking out Daz...

• wingates likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#153 wingates

wingates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:31 PM

Apparently the lower settings are going to be lowered even more to allow lower spec PCs to play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users