#1 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:56 PM

Meter moves faster for long putts than short putts.

Shouldn't it be the same for both? Only adjust the strength

of your stroke for the required distance.

#2 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:02 PM

The meter moves slower on putts less than 6 feet as in testing before release most people found that at full speed is was too fast to be accurate and short putting was a bit of a lottery. 

• Ron Piskorik and andygev35 like this

#3 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:33 PM

Jim, that's by design. With the new putting meter, short putts under 6 ft. required 3 excessively fast clicks making it almost impossible for an uncoordinated player like me to even come close to hitting the snap. Short putts can still be difficult however, it there's much break. Still need to be able to read. As you know, 'Reading is Fundamental'.

Richard

Posted Image

#4 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:11 PM

Love this update, heading in the right direction,  putting is harder now but much more realistic, and slower at 6ft, sweet touch there

well done mike and team

#5 Thelmak8

Thelmak8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:56 PM

ya should be the same medium speed for all shots

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:59 PM

I'll add this here, as seems an appropriate thread.

On a flat green running 10 stimp, the meter has a putt distance of:-

9 o'clock hit = 32 ft

12 o'clock hit = 90 ft

Hope this helps a few folks out there trying to come to terms with the new 'flagless' meter.

;)

#7 rustymike

rustymike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:30 PM

A lot of us aren't up to pro level yet and prefer the slower meter.

#8 rustymike

rustymike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:35 PM

I'll add this here, as seems an appropriate thread.

On a flat green running 10 stimp, the meter has a putt distance of:-

9 o'clock hit = 32 ft

12 o'clock hit = 90 ft

Hope this helps a few folks out there trying to come to terms with the new 'flagless' meter.

;)

This is from the release notes;

"We have also significantly improved the putting experience. Gone is the flag on the putting meter and instead we have a full putting meter where the player must determine the strength of putt as well as direction. A full 12 o clock swing will go approximately 70 odd feet and around 30 at the 9 o'clcok. It is scaled slightly exponentially. Below the swing meter is an indicator that says whether you are putting inside or outside 6ft. When inside the swingmeter will move at half pace to make setting short distances much easier and remove the machine gun 3 click effect "

#9 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:14 PM

This is from the release notes;

"We have also significantly improved the putting experience. Gone is the flag on the putting meter and instead we have a full putting meter where the player must determine the strength of putt as well as direction. A full 12 o clock swing will go approximately 70 odd feet and around 30 at the 9 o'clcok. It is scaled slightly exponentially. Below the swing meter is an indicator that says whether you are putting inside or outside 6ft. When inside the swingmeter will move at half pace to make setting short distances much easier and remove the machine gun 3 click effect "

Appreciate the post RustyMike.

I'm testing a BETA build and have just posted what I experienced whilst putting on a flat green with a stimpmeter setting of 10. I have no idea what stimpmeter setting the Dev's used when arriving at their distances. I'll go and do a bit more testing.

Stimp Meter = 9

9 o'clock = 29 ft

12 o'clock = 77 ft

Stimp Meter = 10

9 o'clock hit = 32 ft

12 o'clock hit = 90 ft

Stimp Meter = 11

9 o'clock hit = 36 ft

12 o'clock hit = 32 yds

Like I say, these are my findings. My clicks may not be precisely on 9 and 12 but they are damn close, lol. The Dev's obviously have the gadgetry to set a precise power, so maybe that is the reason for the slight fluctuation in my figures and why they have stated in the release notes.

• rustymike and ✠ davef ✠ like this

#10 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:18 PM

Hmmm...someone should manufacture a "Swing Gauge Overlay Sticker - with Ezypeel TM" with erasable surface for distance marking.

#11 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:27 PM

Hmmm...someone should manufacture a "Swing Gauge Overlay Sticker - with Ezypeel TM" with erasable surface for distance marking.

Knock yourself out Teddy_Bald. Go for it.

;)

#12 rustymike

rustymike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

Appreciate the post RustyMike.

I'm testing a BETA build and have just posted what I experienced whilst putting on a flat green with a stimpmeter setting of 10. I have no idea what stimpmeter setting the Dev's used when arriving at their distances. I'll go and do a bit more testing.

Stimp Meter = 9

9 o'clock = 29 ft

12 o'clock = 77 ft

Stimp Meter = 10

9 o'clock hit = 32 ft

12 o'clock hit = 90 ft

Stimp Meter = 11

9 o'clock hit = 36 ft

12 o'clock hit = 32 yds

Like I say, these are my findings. My clicks may not be precisely on 9 and 12 but they are damn close, lol. The Dev's obviously have the gadgetry to set a precise power, so maybe that is the reason for the slight fluctuation in my figures and why they have stated in the release notes.

At least it gives you a starting point or benchmark to work from. :)

I need to find more time to practice and play.  :(

#13 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

I wish we could set 2 different Motion Swing sensitivity settings in the Game settings.

I'd like a MUCH slower swing meter movement for my putts than I do for the full swings personally.

• Dazmaniac and frank70 like this

#14 marts30

marts30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:22 PM

Why does the meter go up to 60ft for putts within 6ft? I find that awkward, never going past 10% power...

Also, why do you drag the meter back to say 40ft but then it doesn't lock till you're back on 30ft or something? Quite annoying I find.

#15 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:30 PM

Why does the meter go up to 60ft for putts within 6ft? I find that awkward, never going past 10% power...

Also, why do you drag the meter back to say 40ft but then it doesn't lock till you're back on 30ft or something? Quite annoying I find.

I guess because it is early access and was something that was added at short notice as during testing it was felt the meter was moving too fast for short putts. You avoid further delay, the quick fix as added for the meter to be slowed down when you were within 6ft of the hole. I'm sure now the release is out in the wild and the port over to U5 is completed, they can now get to work on such finer details like the meter, motion swing and animation.

;)

#16 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:33 PM

///I'm sure now the release is out in the wild and the port over to U5 is completed, they can now get to work on such finer details like the meter, motion swing and animation.

Hear Hear!

I hope a huge ton of attention will now swing towards the Avatar/Swing integration, especially since that seems like it will be yet another round of "re-learning" some things.  I'm eager for that aspect of the game (swing) to get closer to the final stage it will likely exist in.

#17 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:57 PM

I appreciate the tips regarding what a 9 o'clock putt etc will do, but having the option of a gauge sure would be nice.  Surely newbies shouldn't have to shoot quad bogey or worse on the first few holes just getting a feel for it.

#18 HeNs

HeNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationFlorida,USA

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:43 PM

I have been playing 3 click golf games for 16 years now and never have I seen it this difficult to hit the 6:00/ Snap line on putts inside 20 feet, I feel the meter needs to either be slowed down like it has been in for 6 footers. Or have a separate/ second meter like Links and TW did for these 30 to 10 foot putts, as is now anything inside 30 feet requires a machine gun click especially the 10 to 8 footers, IMHO. 

• DaShotShapa likes this

OGT PGA TOUR ADMINISTRATOR 

PGA TOUR HOME PAGE  : https://www.simulati...e.html?id=10047

OGT TEAM  PLAY ADMINISTRATOR 

TEAM PLAY FORUMS :  http://www.onlinegol...wforum.php?f=66

OGT TEAM TOURNAMENT ADMINISTRATOR http://www.onlinegol...php?f=66&t=3701

Asus  i5-7400 @ 3.00 GHz 

Memory 16 GB DDR4

EVGA GeForce GTX 950 

#19 scrambler

scrambler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:23 AM

Why have the 6 ft meter for hor and ver swings. It just messes me up.

#20 PurpleTurf

PurpleTurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove, MN

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:42 AM

Well if your like me and the top of the meter was 6 feet for 6 feet putts and 90 feet for 7 foot putts, I easily could just click without noticing and it would mess up an easy putt.  At least with the meter being the same power for both it gives you a chance not to make a mistake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users