DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:00 AM

Roughly, how much will the game be?

MSI A88X-G43, AMD A10-5800K, PATRIOT PC3-10700 DDR3 16GB, AMD HD RADEON 7700 1GB DDR5, CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI, WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

#2 mbidney

mbidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:26 AM

My guess as to what is acceptable and reasonable in gaming today....   $12.50 per month.

#3 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

Hmmmm... that would make it approx £8 monthly in the UK. Reasonable guess for something established and running well..

Not sure it is where they may start though... just my opinion..

#4 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

My guess as to what is acceptable and reasonable in gaming today....   $12.50 per month.

My guess is that this sort of pricing would be the biggest error of judgement since the Kickstarter campaign.

• BionicWolf likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#5 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNuremberg, Germany

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

My guess is that this sort of pricing would be the biggest error of judgement since the Kickstarter campaign.

I totaly agree that!

I7-6700k, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB,16 GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W ATX 2.4, SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Eizo Color Graphic CS270 - 27", Win 10 Pro (64bit)

#6 mbidney

mbidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

Hmmmm... that would make it approx £8 monthly in the UK. Reasonable guess for something established and running well..

Not sure it is where they may start though... just my opinion..

This is the thing though.  With only the course designer, practice range, ball flight/swing meter perfected and a basic UI, they can be off and running.  Leave the initial course design to the community during the beta and viola....  Something playable and more and more interesting every day as new courses are completed.

I would pay $12 a month for that and promise.   Remember these guys need income.  Faster it comes faster things get developed.  I would love to be in on the ground floor of this as the possibilities are  truly  endless.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#7 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

what the... viola? As in "voilà"?

(Not trying to make a fuss about typos, I'm as guilty of these as anybody else, just struggling to comprehend...) :huh: 

mbidney, it's quite difficult to start talking about money. There might be a set of different price-tags:

- For the PerfectGolf game itself, as a standalone version that can be played solo on your PC.

- For an online membership with access to more features, online tournaments, multiplayer etc

- And for the CourseForge, for those who want to design courses

- Also, conceivably, for a Premium Package, containing all of the above

We do not know enough at this stage to even start making educated guesses. I hope the gents of PP do. 

For more on this subject, there's also this:

http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic/100-pricing-ideas-thoughts/

• Erik Lugris likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#8 bharris1117

bharris1117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWarren, Ohio

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

Wow I was thinking on the line of buying the software at $x.00,  don't like the idea of monthly payments. Even at $10.00 a month that's $120.00 a year, that's more than I've paid for all the golf games I've bought and played.  I would be ok with paying extra for clubs other than default such as buying credits for equipment in WGT.

sigfnl.jpg

#9 mbidney

mbidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

what the... viola? As in "voilà"?

(Not trying to make a fuss about typos, I'm as guilty of these as anybody else, just struggling to comprehend...) :huh: 

mbidney, it's quite difficult to start talking about money. There might be a set of different price-tags:

- For the PerfectGolf game itself, as a standalone version that can be played solo on your PC.

- For an online membership with access to more features, online tournaments, multiplayer etc

- And for the CourseForge, for those who want to design courses

- Also, conceivably, for a Premium Package, containing all of the above

We do not know enough at this stage to even start making educated guesses. I hope the gents of PP do. 

For more on this subject, there's also this:

http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic/100-pricing-ideas-thoughts/

First, thanks for pointing out my obvious typo.  I guess since you were not "trying" to make a fuss about it, it must have just come naturally (;

I do not think it is to early to start talking about anything.  This is after all a discussion board (:  

IMO it is better to get people prepared that this more than likely will not be a $40 one time fee game like the have been playing for a decade.

I feel my guess at the price is reasonable and pretty typical for what the scope of this project seems to be.  Especially if they are going to be maintaining servers required for multiplayer gaming. 

#10 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

From what I have seen so far I would certainly be interested in purchasing the game. I am fine with purchasing a stand alone game for my PC, and fine with purchasing courses and/or accessories. I've been playing Links in one form or another for several years, hard to imagine investing $1000 just for the right to play the game. I did pledge money to the Kickstarter so I am interested in supporting the effort.

#11 Razor

Razor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCentral OR - Tucson AZ

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

- For the PerfectGolf game itself, as a standalone version that can be played solo on your PC

Standalone version comes with a few courses. More can be downloaded for a fee.

Standalone version comes with a one month membership for online access.

Online membership can be paid for through credits "earned" or the old fashion way of just paying for it.

ray

#12 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

Razor, please do not edit your stuff into my quotes. Post your contribution below instead.  

I never wrote that:

Online membership can be paid for through credits "earned" or the old fashion way of just paying for it.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#13 Razor

Razor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCentral OR - Tucson AZ

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Razor, please do not edit your stuff into my quotes. Post your contribution below instead.  

I never wrote that:

Sorry about that, I should have made it clear what I had added to your thoughts. Next time I will quote an entire post and highlight my thoughts.

So I hope that you can accept my sincere apologies, as I don't want to ruffle any feathers. :D

ray

#14 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

How about free to play but you can purchase content?

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#15 catflap

catflap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

I kind of expected it to be free to play as a standalone game, with a monthly fee for online play if necessary.

I personally never pay monthly fees for games, so it would be very sad for me if there's no standalone option. Ideally I'd like to pay my £25 (or whatever) and be able to access community-produced free courses, just as I've done for TW08.

(I've never been interested in playing online anyway)

#16 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

How about free to play but you can purchase content?

You mean like the WGT way of doing things, lol. Make it free any you will have many folks just sticking with the stock content, so they don't have to pay anything (yes these types of people do exist).

I would prefer to see the usual pay a fee to get a stock game, with maybe optional free and chargeable DLC being made available in the future.

I think we can all put our ideas forward of how PP should charge for Perfect Golf, but until we have some idea of exactly what they intend to release as their stock product (eg. courses, animations, clubsets etc.) it's hard to gauge what exactly we are trying to put a price on IMO.

;)

#17 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

I would prefer to pay for the initial game, whether it be boxed or downloaded.

This could come with 3 months (or x months) free online play, at which point you then pay £x per month or a reduced amount for 12 months in advance.

PP can offer all kinds of incentives to get more people to pay for online.

Courses need to be cheap to get the masses to buy, or certain real courses can be free with some form of online sub, eg PP create a PGA style country club where you get to play the real courses.

There really are lots of options.

I'm more the type to want to pay upfront fir the game, but not sure that pricing model will suit the development strategy of PP?????

#18 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:18 AM

Example of a game I play.  Black Ops 2   $59.99 for 14 campaigns.  and later on $59.99 for DL additional campaigns of 4 ea. every quarter for 16 more.

30 total maps to play till the new game comes out in November.  also dlc you can purchase through steam such as skins.

I would, without hesitation, pay this amount for a great golf sim.

#19 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:49 AM

It will be interesting to see where PP eventually end up regarding this..

I'd pay the initial suggested pricing, monthly, on provisio that it came with regular weekly Tournaments with no further additional costs for Courses.

However..

It may be wrong to totally dismiss the third party element. Whilst the game is likely to be an upfront cost for download, I'd be a little concerned if the Course Forge wasn't either free with it, or freely available. The game itself will eventually become supported by the Course Forge, so in terms of cost, it would fund itself by the sales of the game. For those wanting to go further, then additional textures, objects and so on can be made available to purchase for the Course Forge. I see this as something, alot bigger than we currently realise..

The game may be better having, as suggested, a 3 month pass. Either to an online portal or access to events. This way, those beginning an type of online career mode, may dip their feet in to see if they like it. They would not be able to continue that career mode without further costing options. Those not wishing to go in that direction can purchase the real courses by PP and play their own "unofficial" tours offline. As for user designed courses, I think the guys have said they haven't any current plans to host user courses. These are only going to cost, if the user himself charges for them or the site hosting them does. I've no issue with this, as I've seen this before... however I do believe it fragments the community.

#20 mbidney

mbidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

The game may be better having, as suggested, a 3 month pass. Either to an online portal or access to events. This way, those beginning an type of online career mode, may dip their feet in to see if they like it. They would not be able to continue that career mode without further costing options. Those not wishing to go in that direction can purchase the real courses by PP and play their own "unofficial" tours offline. As for user designed courses, I think the guys have said they haven't any current plans to host user courses. These are only going to cost, if the user himself charges for them or the site hosting them does. I've no issue with this, as I've seen this before... however I do believe it fragments the community.

IMO, 3 months is way too long for a trial period.  1 week tops.  What you do not want, especially if there is robust world ranking system, is people respawning every 3 months and trashing the integrity of the system.

I would be for a 1 week, offline non ranked demo with 1 course.  That is plenty to understand the physics of the game.  If you like it, maybe a 1 month option pay to play for those who still can't figure things out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users