• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Erik Lugris

Erik Lugris

Founder, CEO

• Administrators
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

I know the team is busy working on exposure at real life events, Sky Sports, etc. but as the ultimate game simulator how are they progressing?

Is someone on the team working on:

• Game/CourseForge interface and the menu layout
  • Animations and apparel 
  • Updating the alpha physics release
  • Career mode
  • Sound scripts
  • etc

Another concern is the DLC, what will it be?  If it's clubs and clothes it means they will have to do all the work. There are excellent graphic artists in the community who love doing stuff like that for free.

What I'm hoping for is some kind of open source game with add-on programs like "swing & animation creator" or "sound editor" or "clothing designer" which allows some room for modding from the community.

There will always be a TKS, Charlie, Noel or Daniel who rather want to fiddle with sound scripts, equipment, animations, custom career setups or panos and I hope there will be some kind of platform for them.

Just a couple of thoughts...  :)  :mellow:  :) 

There will be a platform for everyone!  

Erik M. Lugris

Founder

Perfect Parallel, Inc.

#22 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

.......what we don't want to see, are things such as balls not finding cups, pins floating in mid air.....

Ooooh no missus! **titter ye not!!**

• IanD likes this

#23 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Love that Blade Runner avatar Deena_Golf.  Pris is my favorite Replicant. 

#24 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Ooooh no missus! **titter ye not!!**

WTF! I thought Frankie Howerd had entered the thread, lol

:D

• Davefevs likes this

#25 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

I don't know if this is a concern for the guys here at PP but looking at the video of HB Studios someone posted at Links Corner aren't they doing exactly what PP is planning?

They are also using the Unity engine and planning on releasing a course designer for users to share their courses and they surely have the budget to back their project. This is exactly the selling point Mike mentioned that PP have over any competition. Hopefully the way PP involve the community might still give them the edge. :)

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#26 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

I don't know if this is a concern for the guys here at PP but looking at the video of HB Studios someone posted at Links Corner aren't they doing exactly what PP is planning?

They are also using the Unity engine and planning on releasing a course designer for users to share their courses and they surely have the budget to back their project. This is exactly the selling point Mike mentioned that PP have over any competition. Hopefully the way PP involve the community might still give them the edge. :)

Too soon to tell about HB, quite a few Big Ifs yet to be answered... but competition is always a good thing (for us players). We all had our favourite golf game with a course desginer, at least in the past, back in the day... so there is no reason why we shouldn't have it now. Or tomorrow. I'd rather back PP for the moment, but if somebody else is capable of delivering the good stuff, I'll be over there quicker than you can say Ka-Boom! 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#27 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

I watched that video some time ago. I seem to remember them talking of a course generator, not a designer. That to me sounds like it will be a lot more simplistic than the PP offering.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#28 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

Things were starting to get real quiet around here.  Glad to here progress is still being made.

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#29 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

Things were starting to get real quiet around here.  Glad to here progress is still being made.

The forums go quiet from time to time, especially a lack of posts/updates from the PP crew, but we are assured work continues behind the scenes even though we do not see them regularly in the threads.

It's just a shame that still after all this time (and all the work going on behind the scenes) we still have nothing to get some 'hands on' time with, only the ALPHA Physics Tool, but PP have confirmed that even that has bugs, but that we should hopefully see an updated version in October.

No updates (shock/horror) on the latest situation with Course Forge and the Terrain Importing Tool though.

I would say unless they are planning releasing a game without any community feedback/assistance, it will be well in to 2014 before we get anything like a playable game (and even then not anything like a final release version, IMO).

;)

#30 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

I remember receiving an email when the Kickstarter project failed.  It implied that we'd have the CourseForge in our hands soon.  How long ago was that?  Six months?  Seven?  And yes, I've heard the excuses and explanations.  Still, I tend not to believe a word they say anymore.  Sorry if that seems harsh; but it's true.  :(

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#31 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

I remember receiving an email when the Kickstarter project failed.  It implied that we'd have the CourseForge in our hands soon.  How long ago was that?  Six months?  Seven?  And yes, I've heard the excuses and explanations.  Still, I tend not to believe a word they say anymore.  Sorry if that seems harsh; but it's true.  :(

So you're still here because?

#32 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

I'm like Charlie Brown hoping Lucy will hold that football this time.  ;)

#33 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

I wonder how all you guys feel that donated money to this???????? I wish I  could fine a carrot on a string to put up here :) . My point is they could put a nine hole course , on and let the people respond with the bugs. 

The delay makes no sense. Now their saying by the middle of next year, come on are the people that are working on this doing it part time?

#34 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Whooaa.. I sense some frustration out there and man hug time... c'mere... *open arms*

• Unique likes this

#35 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

I wonder how all you guys feel that donated money to this???????? I wish I  could fine a carrot on a string to put up here :) . My point is they could put a nine hole course , on and let the people respond with the bugs. 

The delay makes no sense. Now their saying by the middle of next year, come on are the people that are working on this doing it part time?

I feel just fine. I pledged to the Kickstarter, but no money left my account as the Kickstarter didn't succeed.

That is the whole idea behind Kickstarter. Money only leaves your account if the pledging amount is reached/exceeded. As PP failed with their Kickstarter, no one has pledged anything in monetary terms.

Where are they saying middle of next year? I said IMO it would be well into 2014 before we see anything. I don't speak on behalf of PP.

PS. Why would you want to give a carrot a financial penalty?

;)

#36 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

Come on Daz , you know what I mean. These guys have to be on the same level or better than WGT and they can put out  ( WGT if they want to ) two full  courses a year ) PP should be able to put out a 9 hole course by now . Because #1 they can create  a course, WGT can not

#37 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

They can put out a course but how are you going to play it? They don't have a working Game yet, as far as I know.. Of course, if we have to wait for Course Forge to be finished,  before the Game is finished, then it's going to be even longer...

Disclaimer: I do not work for PP so my thoughts are just edumacated guesses...

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#38 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Guessing they've already got Augusta built!

#39 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

They have a working version of Course Forge. This is a given, they have even told us this.

MJ has already ported his Crystal Pines course from Links in to the CF. I think he has done the same with his Shadowlands course. We have also seen the rendition of Augusta National that they used in conjunction with Sky Sports back in April. They have an early version of East Lake, from the simulator clip AJ released.

I think the main problem they had was that they were not happy with its user friendliness to let it loose on the community. There were still bugs to be ironed out, a few additional menu items to add etc. It's a shame it is taking so long to get it to us. They also added that the upgrade to Unity 4 led to further QA and bug testing - not sure what the latest on this is - due to usual lack of updates.

Usually, no news is good news. Unfortunately it's the reverse here at PP as the community begin to lose faith, which is understandable. We the community continue to keep the threads rolling, but all we can do is guess, summise, presume, while those in the know sit quietly in the background.

I can only think that PP have no news/updates worthy of releasing to us and we just go with their last soundbite, which was there was plenty going on behind the scenes and we may see an updated build of the Physics Testing application sometime in October (although this may slip, like the CF and TI have done).

#40 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Never mind...

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ