#101 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:58 AM

Well, my hand/mouse only moves about 4" (or less) to create the entire PS swing .... and probably a bit less for MS, given the sensitivity.  I now play on my coffee table, in front of my 54" TV ....  :)   Most of my PS was played at a computer desk though.  I'm afraid to ask how far you guys move the mouse!  It can't be too far if your wrists are anchored.   :unsure: :blink:

#102 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:26 AM

I use a 16" x 12" gaming pad that i turn 90 degrees. I measured and my mouse moves approximately  8 inches and what feels like 2.5 to 3:1 ratio. But that's purely subjective and not scientific. What i will say is i love the full range of motion and the movement allows for ball shaping for fade and draws, I do not use the HUD for fade and draws its all swing motion.

Settings:  Mouse DPI=450 and in game Swing sensitivity is 1.70.  I wanted a full range of motion to simulate a swing, and this feels right for me.

1200 plus hours and its starting to come together for me. But it takes total concentration to achieve a decent ratio, plus straightness and to hit your top or  distance.  Priority is Ratio, ratio, ratio then straight line and lastly is distance or top. When it all comes together its rewarding for this guy with hip and shoulder issues that enjoys golf and doesn't get out as often as he would like to. Add in a cordial opponent who also loves the game and its a blast. Play in a nice season like the tours at Onlinegolftour.net. "priceless"

#103 Briso

Briso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:02 AM

Any idea when we will be getting the next update?

#104 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:26 AM

This games gone quiet again it really needs to gather some steam.

#105 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:10 PM

We have a new course done Chicago Oaks and are working again on hole physics as well as trying to address some multiplayer issues. Hopefully we will have something new for you to play soon.

#106 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

Sure would like to see some momentum again.  From time to time, I'll check Twitch for golf games.  Lots of people still playing TGC.  Tons of people playing the new EA title.  It's rare that I ever see someone playing PG. 

#107 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:56 PM

Sure would like to see some momentum again.  From time to time, I'll check Twitch for golf games.  Lots of people still playing TGC.  Tons of people playing the new EA title.  It's rare that I ever see someone playing PG. 

This is hardly surprising seeing PG is still in Early Access. We will see how things go on the full release of the game when the tools will be available for the community to build their own content.

#108 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:01 PM

I suppose.  But even when TGC was in early access, I'd see plenty of people playing it on Twitch.  I prefer PG and hope it gets a great reception when the full game is released.  :)

#109 Ricky Proffer

Ricky Proffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationTyler, Texas

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:16 PM

I think when server side tourneys with leader boards and user created courses are available you will see the momentum pick back up to stay.  Also, when the API is available so sites can create their own tourneys it will help too.  I love PG and prefer it to all others that are out at this time.  I just think it needs more variety which is coming soon!

• robbiet71 likes this

ASUS  G571JY Gaming Laptop

i7-4720HQ 2.59 GHz

GeForce GTX 980M

16 GB RAM

WIndows 10 64 bit

#110 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:18 PM

The longer the wait the more goodies shall come our way.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#111 Briso

Briso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

If the new course is ready why don't you release it?

#112 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:16 PM

I still see no mention of fixing the chipping.(chipping with clubs lower than the 52 deg wedge)

This is a core part of the game play and it's getting ignored for things that aren't nearly as important. It's going on a month and a half now since it's been like this.

• BionicWolf likes this

PG + OGT & MP = Golfing Bliss! 

Steam-ahhyeaa

#113 AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:04 AM

I suppose.  But even when TGC was in early access, I'd see plenty of people playing it on Twitch.  I prefer PG and hope it gets a great reception when the full game is released.  :)

Don't worry, PG will take off soon enough, once we get some tournaments and the CF.  And I also prefer PG to TGC.  The big draw for TGC was the course creator, but for me that turn out to be pretty worthless, with thousands upon thousands of courses all looking and playing the same. 

With the CF you'll see courses that reflect the talent of the creators.  If it will be anything like what we got with Links 2003, you have nothing to worry about.  PG is here to stay; TGC is just a silly console game, which within time will disappear.  It had some steam, but the ceiling for that game has been reached.  PG has a huge amount of potential: it is far from reaching what it will become.

Granted, myself, I'm not pleased with the time it's taking for this game to blossom.  This game has always been slow to develop, even when it was first conceived.  So it's not surprising, I suppose, that things with this sim are moving very, very slowly.  But I'm sure it will be worth the wait. 

TGC shot off into all directions and did this too quickly.  Then it had an official release and there's not much more the game can offer.

PG is taking its time.  It certainly has taken a lot of time to be where it is right now, even though its only probably 20% developed.  There will be much more to this game than what we all see now.  Extreme patience is needed.  Hopefully thing will more a little faster, because there are going to be a lot of folks who will pass on this game, simply because they want it all and want it now. 

I would really like to see the CF released as soon as possible, to bide everyone some time while the rest of the game is being worked on and polished.

Alan

• nightowl likes this

#114 BionicWolf

BionicWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:41 PM

I still see no mention of fixing the chipping.(chipping with clubs lower than the 52 deg wedge)

This is a core part of the game play and it's getting ignored for things that aren't nearly as important. It's going on a month and a half now since it's been like this.

Awyea I too want my beloved nine iron back for my chipping...c'mon men, it's sittin' right there in the bag-

#115 Molrub'

Molrub'

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:57 AM

Awyea I too want my beloved nine iron back for my chipping...c'mon men, it's sittin' right there in the bag-

Don't need em, more often than not the 56 deg wedge runs like a 6 iron.

#116 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:25 PM

Don't need em, more often than not the 56 deg wedge runs like a 6 iron.

Sounds like you haven't played for a while, that bug was fixed over a month ago.

#117 Molrub'

Molrub'

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

No Mike play daily but still seeing it pretty often as do playing partners.

#118 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

How far do think a 56 degree wedge played as a chip should run?

#119 Molrub'

Molrub'

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

Not 30 - 40 feet after landing as it is doing with no check at all. From 20 - 30 feet the ball is landing then just lands and rolls 30 odd feet past the cup up hill as well as down?

#120 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:55 AM

I have seen what you are talking about in roll from a Pitch shot but not from a Chip shot but not all the time as most of the time with the Pitch shot if executed properly it works very well.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users