125 replies to this topic

#121 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

I have seen what you are talking about in roll from a Pitch shot but not from a Chip shot but not all the time as most of the time with the Pitch shot if executed properly it works very well.   

I agree with this... you also have to take into consideration the firmness of the green.

#122 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

I have seen what you are talking about in roll from a Pitch shot but not from a Chip shot but not all the time as most of the time with the Pitch shot if executed properly it works very well.   

I think the last part is key.  But it does make me wonder a little bit if there is perhaps TOO much of a penalty for not hitting it perfectly.  I tend to avoid this shot type because more often than not I don't hit it perfectly.  So if I'm forced to use this shot type then I usually plan on letting it roll quite a bit.  But sometimes I hit the shot TOO well and then it checks up and I'm left way short. 

So it seems more sensitive than most shots for me.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#123 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

Have to agree, more often than not it feels like I'm skulling a pitch (a feeling I know well IRL).  Perhaps I'm not considering the roll of the green enough but I don't seem to have the same problem with chipping.

#124 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:31 AM

Have to agree, more often than not it feels like I'm skulling a pitch (a feeling I know well IRL).  Perhaps I'm not considering the roll of the green enough but I don't seem to have the same problem with chipping.

To get the maximum spin on a pitch you have to hit it with more power and maybe even loft it up a little. The design of pitch shots is to try and replicate the shot where the ball is pitched in fairly low but skips, checks and rolls out. However pitches which are played with half power will not check due to their very low trajectory and spin and you can use this to your advantage when you know what to expect, for example when trying to get the ball to roll up a tier to a back pin position. 

It takes practice but it can be controlled well.

If you want a ball to be hit high and stop quickly the pitch shot is not for you, you'll be needing the lob/flop shot.

• jt83 likes this

#125 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:57 AM

Mike I am glad you mentioned the Lob shot as it is another shot that if you practice on in the game that can be a real weapon for you but just like real golf you have to practice it.  Off the green when short sided the lob has become my go to shot as it stops where it lands just as in real golf.

#126 Briso

Briso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:48 PM

Here is a list of some of the things we are working on

1) Fixing the disconnect issues

2) Moving the swing meter

3) Challenge Mode - Leaderboard based games 

4) Another new course

5) Tournaments

6) All new animations

7) All new cup physics

We will not be waiting for it all to be done before releasing an update.  Some of this stuff is with our testers already.

If any of the above are ready, why don,t you release them? If none are ready can you tell us how long before we see any of them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users