#22 aftrshok99

aftrshok99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Missouri

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:07 PM

Nice, by chance do you have an overview of how you have your course laid out?

Courses Created with Course Forge:

Bellerive CC

Fishers Island

Forest Hills CC - WIP

#23 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:27 PM

I'm kinda making it up as i go along, so the 6 i have completed are all there is, i'll post a pic of it no problem...normally i would layout the 18 before working on elevations etc but this is my first course attempt, so playing it by ear so to speak, just hope i can get 9 and 18 back to the imaginary clubhouse, but no big deal if not.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#24 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:59 PM

just worked out where i'm gonna go with this...plenty more terrain to dig out, but you can see the 6 completed so far.

topd.jpg

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#25 aftrshok99

aftrshok99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:11 PM

Looks like you did make it workout where you will end up back at the clubhouse.  B)

Bellerive CC

Fishers Island

Forest Hills CC - WIP

#26 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:16 PM

Be sure not to go too close to the terrain's edge or you might get some odd views on follow can and flythrough cams.

#27 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:43 PM

So, were you given a created plot and then routing the holes on top of it? That's actually more like real course design, and to me a bit more fun and challenging. The best courses for me are always the ones that take advantage of the land when they can.

I think the thing I look forward to the most is using the terrain importer not just for real courses, but to put fictional ones in real locations. I'm one of those guys when traveling around in a car who looks at the side of the road and says "that'd be a good par 3 right there".

• highfade, Keith and aftrshok99 like this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#28 aftrshok99

aftrshok99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:16 PM

I'm one of those guys when traveling around in a car who looks at the side of the road and says "that'd be a good par 3 right there".

I do that too, always wondered how many other people do that.  :)

Bellerive CC

Fishers Island

Forest Hills CC - WIP

#29 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:09 PM

Be sure not to go too close to the terrain's edge or you might get some odd views on follow can and flythrough cams.

thanks mike i'll keep that in mind...........few days off now, gotta go earn a living!

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#30 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:00 AM

thanks mike i'll keep that in mind...........few days off now, gotta go earn a living!

Ain't life a bitch, lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#31 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:25 AM

So, were you given a created plot and then routing the holes on top of it? That's actually more like real course design, and to me a bit more fun and challenging. The best courses for me are always the ones that take advantage of the land when they can.

I think the thing I look forward to the most is using the terrain importer not just for real courses, but to put fictional ones in real locations. I'm one of those guys when traveling around in a car who looks at the side of the road and says "that'd be a good par 3 right there".

I'm on of those guys, too. I see golf holes everywhere! There must be a complicated, greek-latin medical term for this condition. I have a collection of around 20 bing maps location bookmarks of places I would very much like to transport into CF and work on. One of them is the crater and slope sof Mount St. Helens...

DoGgz used a prefabricated plot, a starter pack with everything in it already. Yet everything in it is still changeable and exchangeable: every color, every shape, every elevation, every model, every texture, every height map. CF will ship with such a starter pack (or several of them). It's recommended that designers should first work with them in order to learn the ropes, then advance into more ambitious projects. They are a little like the training wheels on a bike.

As a great mind of computer golf course design recently put it: "You need to walk before you can run".

DoGgz certainly is making great strides and walking very briskly.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#32 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:37 AM

I do that too, always wondered how many other people do that.  :)

I used to play a lot of cricket in my youth. One of my favourite grounds to play on was a club in the grounds of the Goodwood House, the famous Sussex mansion. As we entered the estate my brothers and I always used to comment that that particular piece of ground would make an excellent golf course. Lo and behold, when I visited the Goodwood Festival of Speed a few years ago that very piece of land had indeed been made into a fantastic course.
https://www.goodwood...Jo2sMg1ixDyF.97
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#33 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

I remember lying on the beach while the children were busy building sand castles. It was never long before I would be on hands and knees in the sand  sculpting and shaping green complexes with humps, hollows, bunkers, etc.  I would love to have a 3d scanner to take an image model of that and pull it into Unity :)

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#34 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

Found a better way of creating my greenside bunkers...postage stamp style!  :)

7g.jpg

• Justin9926 likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#35 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

7g_1.jpg

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#36 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:49 AM

Anyone know how i can add this to the loading screen?

ridgeway%20WiP.jpg

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#37 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:01 AM

In CF click the PP Logo top corner then the Settings Cog and in there there are 2 windows..Splash and Cameo put it in them

#38 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:11 AM

In CF click the PP Logo top corner then the Settings Cog and in there there are 2 windows..Splash and Cameo put it in them

yeah i seen that but there is no option to browse to pic, just brings up a box with various cf textures.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#39 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:27 AM

You first have to import the cameo (360 x 360) and splash (1920 x 1080) screens into your assets. Then just drag and drop them into their proper fields.

At building both images will be saved into your Course Folder and then be available to the game.

• DoGgs likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#40 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:28 AM

You first have to import the cameo (360 x 360) and splash (1920 x 1080) screens into your assets. Then just drag and drop them into their proper fields.

At building both images will be saved into your Course Folder and then be available to the game.

thanks m8, it's in and i love it  :)

Qaaa8vE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users