• 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Can PP offer any ETA's for:-

Course Forge

Alpha Physics Test Build (Update)

Terrain Importer

Perfect Golf (Demo)

Obviously the E in ETA is Estimated, so I'm not looking for exact release date, but if the intention is still of some limited form of playable game to be made available in 2013, we don't have long left as it is nearly mid October and so far all the community has had to play with is the 1st build of the Alpha Physics tool.

;)

• Kablammo11 likes this

#2 mbidney

mbidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

Wasn't there talk about a beta that would be playable pretty soon?

• Erik Lugris likes this

#3 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

I second the OP's request - though I seriously doubt it will get more than an oblique answer. That's just not how they roll at PP...

• Erik Lugris likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#4 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

1. SOON
  2. SOON
  3. SOON
  4. SOON

Only kidding!  :D

• Erik Lugris and IanD like this

#5 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

I'm really hoping we get to try out the swingmeter soon on full swings, chips, and putts.  

• Erik Lugris likes this

#6 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

• SOON
  • SOON
  • SOON
  • SOON
Only kidding!  :D

Bruce - dies the only kidding mean that SOON is really SOONISH!!!!!

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Can PP offer any ETA's for:-

Course Forge Nov / Dec 2013 Version 1.0

Alpha Physics Test Build (Update) Not sure if we will release another one but if we do it will be Nov / Dec 2013 and allow you to load courses you make with CF

Terrain Importer Will be released as a Beta - there are some bugs we have had no time to iron out - with Course Forge.

Perfect Golf (Demo) Goal is Beta Release Winter 2013:  (Dec - Mar) 

Obviously the E in ETA is Estimated, so I'm not looking for exact release date, but if the intention is still of some limited form of playable game to be made available in 2013, we don't have long left as it is nearly mid October and so far all the community has had to play with is the 1st build of the Alpha Physics tool.

;)

#8 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

I want to add a few thoughts about Course Forge.  We completed the upgrade to Unity 4 back in August.  We contemplated releasing it as a beta to everyone but decided against it because we still had such little information on so many components of how the game will work that we did not want to have to deal with backwards compatibility issues. Since then Course Forge has had a complete rewrite to deal with a number of elements critical to the game design for example the way in which pin positions are planted in the course which was moved out of course forge and into our engine.  

As a company we need to get all of our products to a V1.0 position before we release anything so the community would not invest large amounts of time building content only to have to bin it when a new version came out bacause we did not have time to manage backwards compatibility.  Believe me when I say we are desperate to get this stuff into your hands as soon as possible but we also have to manage the experience you will have with our products and balance it with the best use of our limited resources.  

• Erik Lugris, Ron Piskorik, Davefevs and 4 others like this

#9 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Great stuff Andrew

#10 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Ditto Bruce.

#11 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Let's also give a bit of leeway on these timelines. Nice to get some news re dates.

#12 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

I am very happy at the ideas that seem to be going into this project from the PP team, and I have no issues at all with any delay in release dates.

Fortunately, unlike some who find their current golf game stale, I still love playing Links 2003 as much as ever, and since switching to powerstroke a few years ago I am constantly challenged and entertained by this fantastic golf sim, so take your time and do this right.  :D 

• Erik Lugris likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#13 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

I too have no issues with the timeframes quoted by AJ. I'm glad they are paying so much attention to detail and not rushing something out that could leave anything anyone had worked rendered incompatible due to release version issues. Whilst it might be frustrating for some, I would rather get everything released at a point at which the Dev's are happy, than creating more work by putting out pre-v1.0 versions that make more work.

Once again though, it would have been nice to have this information posted by PP without having to ask where things were at.

;)

#14 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

Always a hard man to please Daz... lol

#15 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

Always a hard man to please Daz... lol

Just reminding PP of their own statement, that when these new forums went live they would communicate with the community much better than they ever did on the old forum. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any changes in regard to this. We still have to poke and prod to get information. I would hope once we get to a stage where the community actually have something to get hands on with, the communication from PP will improve.

As I've always stated, I'm not asking for chapter and verse and details of every microscopic change, but regular brief updates for the community, even if it is just to say a planned release of something has been delayed, then I wouldn't have to start threads like this one. These forums have a 'News' area, why don't they make use of it? It doesn't have to be AJ or MJ posting. I'm sure another of the Dev Team could post something like 'Course Forge release delayed until Nov/Dec'.

;)

• Erik Lugris likes this

#16 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

Certainly not disagreeing with you fella.. and like you, would enjoy a read of developments.

#17 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Thanks for the news and updates, Andrew. Even though release dates are estimated, it's apparent they are getting closer and definitely close enough to get a little more excited about what's to come. Very much looking forward to everything!
Ken

#18 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

Thanks for the news Andrew!

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#19 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Positive thoughts, help you through the bleak times in life. If being without a golf game can be considered a bleak time....lol. The frustration that some folks felt towards EA, should not in any way spill over to PP. Give them the chance that they deserve to release a game, when they feel it is ready. Critique the game after it is released not because it has not been released at a time or date to your liking...........I am looking forward to it's release and if necessary, positive critique afterwards.

• Tigers Agent likes this

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#20 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

It isn't criticism of the game or elements of, karma. I know Daz simply wishes to request the updates were regular. They can take longer to release the various programs and like you, we won't be too concerned (we'd love it sooner obviously).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users