what the hell is the hold up?

#2 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:05 AM

Well, after the somewhat mixed reaction to the last update, which brought with it much comment from the general Early Access community about how a release could be made with obvious bugs in place, the dev team are most likely testing the newer release way beyond what they have previously in their efforts to keep the game moving forward.

Personally, for such a small but fully-dedicated team, I think they really cannot win whatever schedule they work to.... there will always be those in the back of the carriage urging the driver to push the horses harder, as well as those begging him not to run over any rocks in the road.

With Course Forge, the community is slowly getting access but quite rightly it is being shared first with those most likely to provide considered and pertinent feedback to push the development cycle well ahead of where it would be in more 'open' beta.

• Fairwayman and ed dawson like this

#3 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:32 PM

We are seeing some gorgeous work being done behind the scenes!  

If the creator so chooses, why not have the tester created courses simply labeled with some kind of ALPHA/ BETA/ Unfinished/ User created stamp?  Whatever is appropriate.

This would make it obvious from the course selection screen that the player may encounter some bugs or will be playing an unfinished product. 

That group of courses could even have their own separate tab from the selection screen to avoid any confusion with the current official courses. 

If the course creator wanted input, comments and input could be confined to individual threads regarding those specific courses.   

Not sure if there's a concern that this opens some kind of Pandora's box of issues. 

Legitimately curious.

Keep up the great work!

• Fairwayman and ✠ davef ✠ like this

#4 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:02 PM

Aint you busy with scottsdale on GNCD? 

• aftrshok99 likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#5 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:38 PM

Your second post and this is how you address the PG devs and community. Stay on the TGC forum I say.
  • Mick-S, ed dawson, jimbob59 and 2 others like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#6 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:13 PM

Your second post and this is how you address the PG devs and community. Stay on the TGC forum I say.

As some of you well know, while tasrtegw' posts are not always the most diplomatic, he does also contribute beneficial suggestions for course designing. Telling him to go back to the TGC forums is also not the most diplomatic way to respond to his posts. ;)

-MERACE

#7 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

Sorry Merace but 

being good at something does not give you  the right to be abusive and ignorant.   Taste needs to learn some manners.

• ed dawson and IanK like this

#8 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:15 PM

As some of you well know, while tasrtegw' posts are not always the most diplomatic, he does also contribute beneficial suggestions for course designing. Telling him to go back to the TGC forums is also not the most diplomatic way to respond to his posts. ;)
-MERACE

MERACE, I don't care who he is or what or where he contributes that is not a good opening line to a thread if he expects a positive reaction. I hate rudeness.
  • DoGgs likes this
WWG1WGA

#9 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:37 AM

MERACE, I don't care who he is or what or where he contributes that is not a good opening line to a thread if he expects a positive reaction. I hate rudeness.

I agree, I do not like rudeness either. However, IMO, telling someone to "hit the road" is also rude.

-MERACE

#10 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:50 AM

please lets not turn this forum into a copy of HB's forum, i was glad to get away from all the BS over there.

• Harald, J_Schollmeyer, MERACE and 2 others like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#11 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:54 AM

Tastegw

Agree had enough of arrogance and rudeness from him here and at tgc , also agree with Dogz comment too

#12 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

In my opinion, he should follow Dogz's approach...  show interest in CF, send a PM to the devs asking if he could be part of the CF testing, also show his design work over at TGC and see what happens.  

I mean, if you want something bad enough, there's just needs to be a genuine interest and thoughtful approach in obtaining it.   The proof is just looking at some of the examples that Dogz and a few others are producing already!     

• MERACE likes this

#13 tastegw

tastegw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:12 PM

wasnt looking for positive feedback,  was asking a question.

the only feedback i was interested in was the answer.

a while ago, i watched a video,  it shows a golfer playing his own course, and slowly, others joined him on his new course.  this.....is the only thing i want to do in this game, design courses,   and the forge is not out yet, but in my eyes its good enough to be released seeing its already created other courses by other members/staff.   it will never be perfect, nor will the gncd,  waiting to release it until its perfect is not the right idea if you want to grow a fan base. 

release the kraken, then build on it,  customers will be much more happeir they get to play with the toys even if they are missing the batteries.  lets go lets go!

all the haters, go bug other ppl.

as far as showing my work:

Q9Y4CiQ.png

KoErETz.png

S0OK9YX.png

bDhltd7.png

YrFbzQr.jpg

Vv00NGc.png

2UV5xDY.png

1BtNXJa.png

tojpbLa.png

isRjIF8.png

• mistajam likes this

#14 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:37 PM

It's a shame you didn't ask the question in a polite manner. That's the way we prefer it on THIS forum.
WWG1WGA

#15 tastegw

tastegw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:50 PM

9pYm88v.png

ijZPIyP.png

CZQtej7.png

TMJD7EG.png

6pfqAaE.png

GJD5JI1.png

T9khqEG.png

Q56eQ6P.png

GMxgTXU.png

• mistajam likes this

#16 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:12 PM

Taste now you are here be a good boy won't you! ;)   I think Cf will suit you, it's much more artistic than GNCD with way more freedom..GNCD was fun but it was hard to get artistic yet still keep a natural feel, CF is a dream.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#17 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:20 PM

TGC still has better lightning and all in all more impressive graphics - some screenies here are really breathtaking. But i will always play PG, cause it is a real simulation of the sport of golf.

One thing: I think the trees don't look that good in PG with U 5 (little cartoonish). Is this a speedtree issue and can we expect to see better trees in the future?

#18 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:50 PM

I hope tastegw gets his hands on CF. He may be mercurial, but nobody (as far as I could tell) worked harder or more creatively with the GNCD.
  • MERACE likes this

#19 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:35 PM

Taste definitely has a keen eye for design and I look forward to playing his courses once he gets his hands on the tool and starts churning out some designs.

• MERACE likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#20 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

@frank:  I agree about the U5 trees.  They look "mushy" or "blobby" or something (especially in the distance).  That has been my lone beef with the U5 graphics (vs U4)

• MERACE likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)