#21 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:04 PM

I also agree on the trees.  Not in love with them.  Everything else looks very good (will be better with better water reflections and WAY better with 3D grass, but in general...).

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#22 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:08 PM

MERACE, I don't care who he is or what or where he contributes that is not a good opening line to a thread if he expects a positive reaction. I hate rudeness.

⛳️. Hi Ian, I mean no disrespect by saying this but have you thought about the budget and manning these guys are working with compared to EA sports?

To me and a lot of people who have played computer Golf over 15 yrs by being homebound for one reason or another PG is the best to date for me imho......yes Rory has I candy but I think PG physics are almost there, everything will be polished by the final release Christmas time I hope

Also, if you read the forums the day of or the next day of an updateand during the week for that matter the devs are all on this board answering PG questions. You would not get that type of response from the huge development team at EA to the end-user ⛳️.

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#23 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:24 PM

⛳️. Hi Ian, I mean no disrespect by saying this but have you thought about the budget and manning these guys are working with compared to EA sports?
To me and a lot of people who have played computer Golf over 15 yrs by being homebound for one reason or another PG is the best to date for me imho......yes Rory has I candy but I think PG physics are almost there, everything will be polished by the final release Christmas time I hope
Also, if you read the forums the day of or the next day of an updateand during the week for that matter the devs are all on this board answering PG questions. You would not get that type of response from the huge development team at EA to the end-user ⛳️.

My comment was regarding the nature of the opening post. I'm not sure what you mean. Please can you explain?
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#24 rdh

rdh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:03 PM

tastegw - What's the best way to find out the names of the courses those screenshots were from?  (other than the one with the name title on top)  They look amazing and i'd love to check them out.

#25 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:17 PM

That's almost tempting to purchase TGC just for course designing. I understand that it's mouse swing only and no 3 click but just to be able to design courses again might be worth it. Course designing was by far my favorite hobby to do along with painting cars for people for Nascar2003. Hmmm.....going to have to look into TGC alittle bit more I'm thinking.

• MERACE likes this

#26 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:15 PM

That's almost tempting to purchase TGC just for course designing. I understand that it's mouse swing only and no 3 click but just to be able to design courses again might be worth it. Course designing was by far my favorite hobby to do along with painting cars for people for Nascar2003. Hmmm.....going to have to look into TGC alittle bit more I'm thinking.

I have over 60 courses in TGC and i would urge you to wait for course forge, it is vastly superior to GNCD in TGC, sure it has the bells and whistles, but none of the class, artistriy or freedom that CF has.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#27 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:30 PM

Anyone interested in using CF - drop me a pm and I'll add you to the list. 

#28 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:29 PM

Hey Mike.. sent a PM a few days ago.   thanks! 

#29 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:19 AM

Sounds Good 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#30 Trath

Trath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:11 AM

If you follow the Unity roadmap the engine is getting an update on Sept 8 that brings about various performance and graphic updates and then on 8 December is the massive one ..... DX12 support and if you read the patch notes upgrades to Speedtrees. Not sure how much this will improve the trees but imho it seems that from December 2015 onwards the Unity 5 engine will finally have all its core features up and running.

Asus ROG Maximus Gene - i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz - Radeon R9 FURY - 16 gigs ram - Antec 750W Gold PSU - Samsung EVO 840 250 gig SSD - LG 29UM67 Monitor - Logitech G502 mouse

#31 Domino

Domino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationYorkshire UK

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:02 AM

PMs don't seem to be working… mine still says "not yet read" after over a week

#32 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:05 AM

I sent a PM 2 days ago and it shows as being read.  Resend maybe? 

#33 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:47 AM

PMs don't seem to be working… mine still says "not yet read" after over a week

Same here... but then again, maybe its on purpose?  

#34 aftrshok99

aftrshok99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Missouri

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:14 PM

Don't worry guys, he'll get to you when he's ready to add the next batch of testers.....Hang in there, took me a while before I got added.

Courses Created with Course Forge:

Bellerive CC

Fishers Island

Forest Hills CC - WIP

#35 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:08 PM

Don't worry guys, he'll get to you when he's ready to add the next batch of testers.....Hang in there, took me a while before I got added.

Mike did get back to me, thanks!    I have no problem waiting... I am doing all the reading and watching tutorials I can.  If I get selected, great.. if not, I have no problem waiting for CF with the final release of PG.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users