39 replies to this topic

#21 gerardfraser

gerardfraser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:46 PM

Yes some people go a little to far to on what they think the game should be and how it should play and look thru their eyes.

Meanwhile feedback for the guys/gals making the games is needed for sure,they may take suggestions and incorporate what they think will improve the game .You can not please everyone and some people are happy with the game as they are.

#22 PinHi

PinHi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

I try to stay out of bunkers as much as possible - don`t spend much time looking at them - just trying to get out as quick as possible. Look ok to me for the time I am in them. :)

• karma4u likes this

#23 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:19 PM

I try to stay out of bunkers as much as possible - don`t spend much time looking at them - just trying to get out as quick as possible. Look ok to me for the time I am in them. :)

The way TGC does the bunkers they have no true edge/lip - I think that's a real golf issue, beyond just graphic/eye candy

#24 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:30 PM

So i was playing this course at TGC, thought i'd take some screenies and post ...just 'cause the thread was here.....hope you like them..........Cheers..

vFUV7cY.jpgDnT5zAs.jpgq8lxM9h.jpg5xVJJUK.jpgmSDebiL.jpg

• IanD likes this

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#25 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:31 AM

I have always liked the transition between textures on TGC. It's very realistic in my opinion and something that I do prefer to PG.
  • frank70 likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#26 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:33 PM

It's a shame TGC can't work on that blending (lack of it) - Just "feels" a touch Mario Golf to me when I see those fairway/rough/green transitions...always has.  

Bunkers are also desperately in need of edges/blending work.

The TGC developers are aware of and agree that this is an issue and will be improving it along with the bunker lip. Check out this current developer blog for more information:

http://thegolfclubga...dev-jim-obrien/

-MERACE

#27 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:44 PM

Interesting to see they will not be releasing real life courses in TGC.

Wonder if that is solely a license issue or the fact there is no terrain overlay/heightmap import option to help get accurate layouts in the GNCD?

#28 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:09 PM

Hmm...lots of confirmation of stuff I'm not super excited about.

The article cut off before loading it all.

Anything about legitimate gameplay difficulty increases? (Optionally of course)

#29 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:12 PM

My guess is the former. They do have some sort of terrain overlay/height import option in the PC version available to the Greg Norman course design team. I think that eventually it will be made available to the public PC version.

However, some designers using the public PC version of the GNCD have done pretty well with fairly accurate real life course creations like Merion East-Ardmore, PA, Chambers Bay, WA, Magnolia National, Georgia, Pinehurst #2, and others.

-MERACE

#30 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:42 PM

Anything about legitimate gameplay difficulty increases? (Optionally of course)

They haven't said anything yet, but my guess is they will also expand the current "hard" swing setting option (sans the lofting of the club) for not only the driver but for the other clubs as well. I think enough people have already asked for an option to make it harder to legitimately hit full swing shots straight that they will eventually give in to this request.

-MERACE

#31 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:57 PM

But isn't that like telling Bruce Springsteen to make his next album with a ukelele instead of a guitar?  LOL

#32 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:25 PM

But isn't that like telling Bruce Springsteen to make his next album with a ukelele instead of a guitar?  LOL

Maybe not Bruce Springsteen, but how about Eddie Vedder: ;)

-MERACE
  • nightowl likes this

#33 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:46 AM

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#34 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:42 AM

All in all TGC looks better than PG. For me, it's not a big deal, because PGs gameplay is way ahead of TGCs.

PG has a very good "depth of field" look. But the textures (grass, objects, water, trees) and the blending between them aren't up to par with TGCs. In the end it's all about taste. But right now i would like to have TGCs graphics with PGs gameplay - but as so often in life: You cannot have all :P   

#35 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:18 PM

As superb as some of the TGC courses look, whenever I play them I am still left with the impression that they are video game graphics.  Whether it's the colour palette or the lighting or the saturation of the colours I can't say.  On the other hand the look of PG feels more natural.  I've had about half a dozen incidents where, looking out at scenery, I've thought to myself "geeze, it looks like Perfect Golf !".  Never had that happen in relation to TGC.

In the end I think it's much like art.  Some prefer Rembrandt and others Van Gogh.

• remers likes this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#36 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:23 PM

Looks too 2D rather than 3D. Even Tiger Woods 2008 looks better, IMO.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#37 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:21 PM

As superb as some of the TGC courses look, whenever I play them I am still left with the impression that they are video game graphics.  Whether it's the colour palette or the lighting or the saturation of the colours I can't say.  On the other hand the look of PG feels more natural.  I've had about half a dozen incidents where, looking out at scenery, I've thought to myself "geeze, it looks like Perfect Golf !".  Never had that happen in relation to TGC.

In the end I think it's much like art.  Some prefer Rembrandt and others Van Gogh.

I agree.  And the interesting thing to me is that when TGC first came out I thought it was awesome.  The first time I saw PG I thought it looked bland an unimpressive.  Now I'm COMPLETELY going the other way.  The PG world is much more expansive.  I get more of the feeling that I'm out on the course.  But the ball flight model and the physics are were it's really at for me with PG.  The first time I saw the ball launch of the club in PG I was hooked.

The ONLY thing that I like about TGC over PG is the 3D grass in the rough.  But this is on the radar for PG so I can be patient.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#38 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:00 PM

Graphics is the least of TGC's problems (IMO).

#39 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:57 PM

I did go back and play it a week or so ago and I DID enjoy it.  It's fine for what it is - an arcade golf experience.  For my real golf fix I'll remain loyal to PG by a long shot.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#40 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:58 PM

I did go back and play it a week or so ago and I DID enjoy it.  It's fine for what it is - an arcade golf experience.  For my real golf fix I'll remain loyal to PG by a long shot.

They should port it to a rollerball controller and pop it into bars & bowling alleys.
TGC makes a great next gen Golden Tee
  • mebby likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users