#1 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:28 AM

I would like to clarify the status of CF Home Edition because I see posts about courses that users are working on.  First it is my understanding that the current version of CF is still being tested by these users as they work on their courses?  Secondly the final version of CF will be released with the final version of PG?  Thirdly, how were these users chosen and will more users be allowed access to CF?

I really hope that PG gets to a point similar to TW 08 where there will be hundreds of user created courses that we can download.  New courses keep the game fresh and interesting. 

RTSM - Pro

#2 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:45 AM

Having read the forums since before even the early access release back in January the answer to all your questions is yes -  CF will be released with PG and everyone who wants to will be making courses that we can all use as long as they make them available to be downloaded  - if people start bitching about the courses that someone makes then many people may stop uploading them and just enjoy them amongst themselves and their close friends. 

Not sure how the people were chosen I get the vibe that they knew them some of them for years in the online pc golfing community and then some were referrals - the people they have picked to be in the innner sanctum seem to be gifted and concerned about our concerns and helpful etc. blah blah blah 

if you donated $10,000 they may throw you a bone it may be worth it - but I'm going to let them work the bugs out of Forge we are now on Unity 5 or something but I have not been fully briefed on how Unity plays into all of this and to dense to figure it out from the forums 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#3 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:16 PM

Having read the forums since before even the early access release back in January the answer to all your questions is yes -  CF will be released with PG and everyone who wants to will be making courses that we can all use as long as they make them available to be downloaded  - if people start bitching about the courses that someone makes then many people may stop uploading them and just enjoy them amongst themselves and their close friends. 
Not sure how the people were chosen I get the vibe that they knew them some of them for years in the online pc golfing community and then some were referrals - the people they have picked to be in the innner sanctum seem to be gifted and concerned about our concerns and helpful etc. blah blah blah 
if you donated $10,000 they may throw you a bone it may be worth it - but I'm going to let them work the bugs out of Forge we are now on Unity 5 or something but I have not been fully briefed on how Unity plays into all of this and to dense to figure it out from the forums

I'm sure that if you show a genuine interest in using CF and the development of the game Mike will be sympathetic to your request.
I designed a few courses on TGC and way back on the Jack Nicklaus game but nothing for Links or TW.
I don't think that being sarcastic will help your cause though.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#4 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:04 PM

On another thread, Mike posted this:-

Anyone interested in using CF - drop me a pm and I'll add you to the list. 

Can't say the chance is not there to test it.

B)

#5 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:17 PM

Thanks for reposting that quote Daz.  I think it was probably overlooked by many in another thread. 

If there are prerequisite skills needed to get on the CF list, I wonder if that can be clarified up front?  If so that's fine.  Mike's offer says "anyone" and I submitted my request a few days ago.   (No hurry, just wondering if inexperience is exclusionary criteria)

I just started using Unity earlier this week.  I would still like to start learning CF.  It looks amazing!

#6 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:18 PM

Learn to use Unity a little bit and share a few photos in Show + Tell. And have a good attitude. Those things got me in.

Unity is basically all the elevation work. The terrain tools are the same ones you will be using.

CF is the "golf" part, where you draw your shapes, place tees, pins, etc..

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#7 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

Gotcha. 

Looks like it will be awhile for me!   haha

#8 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:38 AM

Yes, what Daz said.. Sorry, I couldn't delete my post... :angry:

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#9 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:10 AM

I'm starting to figure out how Unity plays into all of this one must know the Unity basic interface in order to be able to use Course Forge because Course Forge is going to be something that you access AFTER you start the Unity program so you start Unity then get Course Forge going inside of Unity and then when you plant trees and terrain and do elevation you use the Unity interface to move and scale and rotate trees and to lay the basic landscape so you must learn the Basic Unity interface to be able to effectively use Course Forge. 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#10 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:03 AM

Absolutely correct reasoning, completely accurate and true in essence - and boy, did you hit the head on the nail!

Kindly show some love to the dying art of punctuation.

• JoeF, Parboy and IanK like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#11 jimst57

jimst57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationRhode Island USA

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

I've read, and been told, that Course Forge will be released "fairly soon". I've been spending time learning basic Unity and I'm sure that will be a great start. Hope "fairly soon" is soon. Should be fun.

#12 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

In the latest interview Andrew said PG and CF would hopefully

be released in the Fall. Today is the first day of Fall, (Northern Hemisphere), but I

wouldn't expect it today. 

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#13 Trath

Trath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:38 PM

I seriously doubt that the game will be ready this year, at least in terms of what I think a public release should contain ... there is so much for them to do. I guess it depends on what you consider a release ito content and functionality.

Asus ROG Maximus Gene - i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz - Radeon R9 FURY - 16 gigs ram - Antec 750W Gold PSU - Samsung EVO 840 250 gig SSD - LG 29UM67 Monitor - Logitech G502 mouse

#14 jimst57

jimst57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationRhode Island USA

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:03 PM

But I think they have decided to release Course Forge before the game.

#15 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:10 PM

But I think they have decided to release Course Forge before the game.

That's what I understood would be happening in one of the latest posts made by the devs.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#16 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:36 PM

I think when they did the Early Access of Perfect Golf the documentation regarding it was rather lacking and or difficult to locate - the Guides etc. all of this is fine because I was not in charge of making those decisions lol  :lol:  

However, I think the most important entity regarding Course Forge is to have complete documentation with it so that  a caveman could read and be able then to understand and use Course Forge easily not that creating a course is easy but documentation wherein an understanding of how to create a course is easy to  comprehend.  Then the other key endeavor is to make sure this information is easily discovered easy to be found and a person is pointed to this info from various areas such as but not limited to the main screen of the game maybe have a link to the CF Guide also have a downloadable .PDF file a manual so people can read about it whilst doing something else besides sitting at home on their pc. 

The overall benefit may be that the devs and others are not having to often tell individual users how to do basic things regarding Course Forge. 

#17 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:51 PM

Most of the most recent tutorials related to CF have been done in video format for the beta testers. This has proven to be vastly superior in regard to results than written documentation although there will be both available.

#18 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:49 PM

wondering if there is going to be a charge to get course forge or is that going to be included 

in the price of the game when paying for a season pass?

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#19 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:35 PM

On another thread, Mike posted this:-

Can't say the chance is not there to test it.

B)

Some of us are still waiting...  :(

#20 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:40 PM

BUT, that is ok... I'm actually having a lot of fun messing around in Unity.   Haven't created anything over-the-top beautiful, but the Asset Store can provide some free and fun things to use/learn. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users