46 replies to this topic

#21 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:28 PM

Rob, this is copied from a Steam discussion last week (Tiberius is Mike)

Tiberius_PP  [developer] Sep 16 @ 12:02pm 
We're planning an early release of CF possibly before the full release of the game. Bearing this in mind I don't think we're going to add any more testers for the time being.

• RobV likes this

#22 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:39 PM

thanks bortimus...  and that's fine.  As mentioned, getting better and better with unity.   Imported my first heightmap using L3DT and now just creating the environment.   Good stuff! 

#23 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:43 AM

wondering if there is going to be a charge to get course forge or is that going to be included 

in the price of the game when paying for a season pass?

Is there going to be some sort of a season pass charge for this game how does that work ????

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#24 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:50 AM

wondering if there is going to be a charge to get course forge or is that going to be included 

in the price of the game when paying for a season pass?

Perfect Parallel mentioned early on that Course Forge will be included at no extra charge.  I haven't heard of anything related to a season pass for Perfect Golf (maybe you're getting that confused with the defunct EA Sports Season Ticket).  As far as I know, playing Perfect Golf online will included with the price of the game as well.

#25 jimst57

jimst57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationRhode Island USA

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:49 PM

Looks like $4.99 a month for a pass.

social.perfectparallel.com

#26 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:23 PM

Seriously?

#27 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

Someone might want to create a separate thread about the social site.

There's probably going to be a lot of discussion...

#28 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

Just noticed that it will actually let you check out and subscribe today!  LOL!  You'd be a moron to do that right now since there's nothing there beyond what we already have in the current release... but it looks like they'll certainly take your money if you want them to!

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#29 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:24 PM

Yea I just looked at the site myself and it makes sense as they have to make money someway and this could be a great ticket for them.  Two things I see from this is one that they have to be close to getting this game to market is one and the other there is a place to download user courses to play.  This site is out there has to mean they are close and the fact that they will take money means something is near.  Now you they have a place for licensed course for pay which is what we had with Links Country Club and sort of with APCD and that makes sense.  Going to be interesting but cant wait till it is all live and to see what is in there..........Heck its almost worth the 4.99 just to see.

#30 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:29 PM

Yea I just looked at the site myself and it makes sense as they have to make money someway and this could be a great ticket for them.  Two things I see from this is one that they have to be close to getting this game to market is one and the other there is a place to download user courses to play.  This site is out there has to mean they are close and the fact that they will take money means something is near.  Now you they have a place for licensed course for pay which is what we had with Links Country Club and sort of with APCD and that makes sense.  Going to be interesting but cant wait till it is all live and to see what is in there..........Heck its almost worth the 4.99 just to see.

I agree.  They'll get my money for sure.  I know everyone has different views but in my opinion this is likely the only model that makes sense.

And I'm liking the outline/flow of what I'm seeing on the site too.

• Greensboronclion likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#31 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

Well I logged into steam from their site and then all the courses we have come up if you go to courses and they are free to those who have the game it appears.  I would be we are real close to that site being up and running and playing some events.  Now if they release CF early and a lot of these user courses are then uploaded for play from the testers then I might need a 10 day week to get my PG fix in.  lol.

#32 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:36 PM

Looks like $4.99 a month for a pass.

social.perfectparallel.com

According to the pass information page, this would include access to all the user made courses. It would really be unfortunate if people weren't able to download certain user designed courses without season pass access.  I have over 600 user made courses for Tiger Woods 08 and wasn't charged for a single one.  Hopefully designers will offer alternative download methods for people without the season pass.

• Volker, worrybirdie, RobV and 1 other like this

#33 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:03 AM

They cannot charge money for user created courses. I cannot believe that.

Bad communication the the fans of this game....

#34 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:07 PM

They cannot charge money for user created courses. I cannot believe that.

Bad communication the the fans of this game....

To be fair - we aren't sure if that will be the only way to get them or not.  It may be but I can't imagine that the creator wouldn't have control over how their courses are distributed.

I'm fine with them charging to have access to a nice portal where all the user created courses are in one easy to get to spot.  I wouldn't pay for this by itself but since it's coupled in there with other goodies it makes sense to me.  I'm sure there will be other ways of getting user created content without having to go through the PP website.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#35 Kiwi Mace

Kiwi Mace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:52 PM

I like what I'm seeing.  Country Clubs/Pro Shop/Career - all the makings of something that could turn out to be really engaging and enjoyable.

Looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

#36 catflap

catflap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 September 2015 - 01:05 PM

I have no problem paying for courses as I fancy them (or other dlc), but no way I'll go for an ongoing monthly fee.

As has been said, lets wait and see how it goes, but I'm pretty set in my position.

• LeazesNDR, ✠ davef ✠ and IanK like this

#37 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:11 PM

I just bought The Golf Club friday and started using the course creator. I basically wipe  everything out and start from scratch, but if Course Forge is as user friendly as TGC's course creator, it's gonna be fun making courses. I'm having a blast being able to create courses again and I'm looking forward to Course Forge whenever it's arrival may come.

#38 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:14 AM

TGC is easier i'll just say that, not saying course forge is hard but it's more involved.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#39 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:06 AM

TGC is easier i'll just say that, not saying course forge is hard but it's more involved.

I would say that for the experienced designers like yourself the CF is easier and faster to learn than for rank amateur course designers like myself. I'm currently learning and enjoying the GDCD in TGC with the hope that when the CF is released in EA I'll be better prepared for the longer learning curve.

-MERACE

#40 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:56 PM

As a total novice when it comes to course designing, who couldn't handle the APCD, I would say the CF is a very user friendly piece of kit and allows you to layout a basic course in reasonably quick time.

It is Unity that will be the stumbling block for many. I keep seeing folks asking about making elevation changes in CF. It isn't CF that handles the elevation work, it is Unity.

Personally I don't see the GNCD preparing folks to use CF and Unity, as in TGC their course designer uses all its own interface. With PP's offering, you are working inside Unity 3D first hand, with the CF bolted on top as an asset package.

But merge Unity, Course Forge and Terrain Forge together and you have one helluva golf course design tool at your disposal, especially if the detailed elevation data is available to you for the courses you are wanting to work on.

• RobC likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users