• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Don_E

Don_E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

Thanks for the info, looks like the game could be released in the first quarter of 2014 after all...

Happy new year everybody.

#22 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for the update!

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#23 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

Hello everyone!  I'm new here, but have been following this game for quite some time.   I cannot wait for this release!   I hope everyone has a great, safe and healthy new year! 

#24 zappa1

zappa1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

Thank you, Andrew. You told me to keep an eye on this site. And I have both eyes on it. Waiting patiently.

#25 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:12 AM

Thanks a lot Andrew, your updates are always appreciated.  HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#26 letorgan

letorgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

Merci pour les information et de la mise a jour !

Bonne année 2014 !

Bon jeu sur les green :)

David

#27 J4FThunder666

J4FThunder666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

Danke für Euer update. Ob gleich ich ja mit irgendetwas wie einer Alpha zu Weihnachten gerechnet hatte :). Bei der todo List denke ich wir können uns mindestens noch bis zum Sommer gedulden oder ?

Euch allen ein gesundes Jahr 2014

#28 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

Naja, der Zeitplan sagt Winter 2013/2014. Aber man weiß es natürlich nicht 100%ig :)

Who cares...

#29 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

I am getting excited as the game gets closer to launch. Much progress is and has been made. Wooo! Hoooo!

I thank the staff for the update and hope the new year is great for everyone.

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#30 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

Great to get a positive update and to see that the game is obviously progressing well.

I would point out, however, that Winning Putt (formerly Tour Golf Online) are pretty much up and running now with what looks like a spectacular, yet fantastical golf game. Having recently posted on a thread regarding BETA testing, I would be interested to learn if PP officionados' have  an anticipated BETA start date or even a possible release date for PG.

I need my golf and I need it soon, else Cube Crash will take over my life.  :P

• stozza likes this

#31 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

Winning Putt just started their first closed beta 4 weeks ago--it could easily be 6-12 months away from release. 

Competition is good though if you're the one that does it best. I must say Winning Putt doesn't attract me in the least from the videos I've seen of it.

#32 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

It appears all Winning Putt is, is the new version of GolfStar, with Winning Putt being the Japanese name for the game.

The Japanese used to do the same with Pro Evolution Soccer, with the Japanese version of the game being called Winning Eleven.

Looks like one I'll be passing on.

;)

#33 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

It appears all Winning Putt is, is the new version of GolfStar, with Winning Putt being the Japanese name for the game.

The Japanese used to do the same with Pro Evolution Soccer, with the Japanese version of the game being called Winning Eleven.

Looks like one I'll be passing on.

;)

Winning Putt comes from the Games Campus people not Gamigo. If anything, it will replace Shot Online, not Golf Star.

If it is already into BETA testing as Shimonko has stated, it looks likely it will be released ahead of PG.

#34 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

Winning Putt comes from the Games Campus people not Gamigo. If anything, it will replace Shot Online, not Golf Star.

If it is already into BETA testing as Shimonko has stated, it looks likely it will be released ahead of PG.

You are probably right about the game it replaces (with who is developing it).

As for it being released ahead of PG, that changes very little for me, will still be passing on it, lol.

• Tazz likes this

#35 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

You are probably right about the game it replaces (with who is developing it).

As for it being released ahead of PG, that changes very little for me, will still be passing on it, lol.

There is no doubt that graphically, Winning Putt looks stunning but I kind of turned my nose up at the "Sims" look of what appeared to be the game lobby, just like Golf Star. Not my cup of tea at all.

Although we are yet to see the full extent of what the PP guys are knocking up here, I got this feeling that we are looking at a serious golf game. One that will rival EA when they finally get cracking again.

I personally have ex TWO friends on Farcebook who are gagging for this to get going. Bring it on guys......

#36 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

I'm slowly warming up to Winning Putt, the more I learn about it.  I've seen some very impressive Korean You Tube videos of it in the past week.  It is the successor to Shot Online, but it's clearly a lot more advanced.  Daum Corporation (a Korean firm) has built this game using the Cry 3 Engine  which I think shows its muscle in some of the videos, but it's hard to say what kind of processing power it's going to take to deliver that sort of performance?  If the gameplay is solid, I could settle for 1360 x 768 to maintain a tolerable framerate.

What impresses me more than anything else about this game is the apparent variety of presentation options.  Not only can you change the swing camera angle of your golfer, you can apparently set the camera at any angle of your chosing for the other golfer(s) in your group.  I also like the fact that the other golfers are at least standing behind yours on the teebox, helping sell the idea that you are playing in a group.  The camera shifts to follow the shot also look appealing, but I'm glad they allow you to watch the shot from your golfer/swing camera perspective before it makes these shifts.  It's hard to say how much control the gamer will actually have with the cameras/presentation, but some of the videos I've watched  clearly show that there are user controlled options.

Yes, Winning Putt seems to have the Sims element woven into it; however, I've learned from casually playing Shot Online and Golfstar (hangs head in embarrassment) that this part of the game isn't something I have to spend a lot of time with or worry about, to get what I want out of the game.  I'm hoping Winning Putt will at least tide me over until Perfect Parallel is released.  I don't expect it to be in PP's league in terms of golf realism, but I think it will have a social charm and a higher level of realism than we've never seen in an MMO golf game before.  

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#37 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

I'm more of a golf sim snob. I ditched the Tiger Woods series after a few minutes because the clubheads were ridiculously big. I ditched CPG because the golfer swings made me feel like a total hack.

Winning Putt looks like the player is hovering above the ground and holing a putt reminds me of the noise when I'd putt into an empty tin can as a kid.

I don't need a golf game to be perfect, but I like an accurate simulation to be the goal rather than flashy waterfalls and flyovers.

#38 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

Winning Putt does look like a Disneyland for computer golfers, yes. Reeks of RPG elements, manga design and micro transactions. Oh, that superficially happy-happy universe of endless smiles; so dead inside...

Sour grapes in my case, though: Neither Shot Online nor Golf Star bother with Mac versions, so screw them.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#39 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

lol

in some way i think like you Ka-BOOM !!!!

#40 Vetkoek

Vetkoek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

Thanks for letting us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users