11 replies to this topic

#1 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:17 PM

I have been chatting with members in the Main Chat room at PG/Steam about clicking the Tournament tab and seeing (go to OGT forum to learn more etc.)

Can we please have a category in this forum for OGT tours?  Considering that both sites are now linked with an API perhaps a step by step register procedure posted in this forum will help new members get registered at the http://www.onlinegol...tour.netΒ  site.

β›³                          πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                             πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ                              β›³

xqc8g0-2.png

πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                                                       πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

β›³                          πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                             πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ                              β›³

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#2 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:21 PM

NOTE:
You default player's name must match your OGT username and your Steam username.

Step 1: Click on the following link and sign up for an OGT account. You will get an email to activate your account.
http://onlinegolftou...e-register.html

Step 2: Log into OGT. 
http://onlinegolftou...home-login.html

Step 3: Click on Tours and click on sign up for the tour you wish to join. Please only sign up for one tour. Wait for Admin to add you to the tour.

Step 4: Once you've been added, go to My Play, My Tournaments, and click on Register for the tournament you wish to play in.

Step 5: OGT admins will need setup a few things for your account. Once that's done, you'll be able to go into the game, click on Tournaments, select Enter/Play on OGT Tournaments. Start game and play. Scores will populate on OGT scorecards and leaderboards at Onlinegolftour.net site and forum.

#3 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:40 PM

Is there any way of simplyfying this.... ?

Whilst you have detailed the 5 steps here... I could not work it out on my own. Like most things these days, if you can't do it easily or relatively quickly, you give up. I did...

Once I signup, why can I not simply be registered for ALL and EVERY Tournament ?

Once I signup, why is there not something like a Main page detailing a menu with basics such as 1) Leaderboard 2) Round Conditions 3) Enter Scores. It felt a little confusing in the site...

#4 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:47 PM

I agree with IanD

I got lucky and made my way through the maze of links.  Can OGT be simplified with one click to join the site and tours?

And yes:  I am glad you (Zmax) emphasized that a person's default "player name" must be used on the OGT tours.

My advice to anyone who plays PG is to create the same Golfer Name as your Profile Name or vica-versa.  Much easier for other members to find you and once it's done you're good for all the goodies (tourneys etc.) that will be coming our way with PG/OGT and who knows what else.

xqc8g0-2.png

πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                                                       πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#5 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:00 PM

Under step 3, you say:  Click on Tours and select the home page for the tour you wish to join.

I don't see anything related to the in game tournament.

Untitled-1_zps2wkynxgi.jpg

No clue what to click on from here.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#6 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:42 PM

Signup Instructions Illustrated: http://www.perfectpa...ed-tournaments/

Sorry guys but there are several tours and its designed that way to appeal to the levels of play your comfortable playing and to mimic real life. We also have made a decision to only allow a player to play in 1 Tour so the best players out there don't win everything and also is real life related. We created a site to follow the PGA tour schedule with fedex points and money, plus we are following the USGA handicap system to level the playing field to some degree. We all have manually entered our scores and stats for those who desire to have this info. Has everyone agreed and liked it. No but the vast majority like it.

The 1 click enter will not give us all the pertinent info we need to keep separate stats and to verify identities.  Our desire is to create a sense of community and share some very basic info with other members. Location being one, I do plan on hooking up and playing golf with a few members that are close to my daughters house. This may interest you or not, but links 2003 made me a friend i played with until he passed away. 

Here is the homepage below.  The upper tabs are much like a filing cabinet and tell you whats in that drawer. If it was all under 1 tab it would be a jumbled mess, so its seperated int o few tabs. Your not the only one who has had issues but like you said i think you gave up to easily. Most websites are very similar to this.

To me its very intuitive but for some it can be difficult. The best thing to do is follow the instructions Zmax posted, then once signed up spend some time exploring the tabs to find your way around.  We have a chat section in the bottom right of all pages you go to are in. We also have Team Speak and can guide you thru some of the process.

Main%20Page_zpsionjpxmd.png

• Fairwayman likes this

#7 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:54 PM

Under step 3, you say:  Click on Tours and select the home page for the tour you wish to join.

I don't see anything related to the in game tournament.

Untitled-1_zps2wkynxgi.jpg

No clue what to click on from here.

Crow357

Pick one of the 3 Frys.com tours and the corresponding Tour Event will be available to you in the game lobby

Mini Tour is Beginners Difficulty

Web.com Tour is Amateur difficulty

Tour Pro is Tour pro difficulty

#8 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:55 PM

Ah.  So because I'm already signed up for one tour, I can't play in the in game tournament.  

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#9 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:01 PM

Ah.  So because I'm already signed up for one tour, I can't play in the in game tournament.  

The 2015 Tour closed so you will need to signup for the 2016 Tour you desire to play.

#10 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:29 PM

I want to add that we received a good number of new members today because of this.  Thank you for signing up.  To get the in-game tourneys to work for all members, we have quite a few things to do, so it might a day or two before you can begin playing these tournaments.  Please be patient.

In the mean time, please follow the steps above.

#11 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:53 AM

I currently play both the Tour Pro Tour and Web.com tour so how do I go about picking one or do I just have to quit one? I am mobile till Sunday so just asking.

#12 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:13 AM

I currently play both the Tour Pro Tour and Web.com tour so how do I go about picking one or do I just have to quit one? I am mobile till Sunday so just asking.

You were already removed from the Tour Pro as you requested.  You're good.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: onlinegolftours, ogt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users