• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#41 gmans5

gmans5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:32 PM

Okay, will the download link be in this forum when it is released?

Thanks

#42 chrismess13

chrismess13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationButte County, CA

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:31 AM

How close are we? A few weeks back I heard within the week, followed by before the year is over. Truth be told I have no interest other than designing courses. Is CF really that bad, buggy, unstable, and or anything else that it is not ready for the masses? Anxiously awaiting!

#43 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:25 PM

On the Steam forum, Mike said CF is basically ready; the holdup is that they're still debating how to handle public course releases. 

#44 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:40 PM

On the Steam forum, Mike said CF is basically ready; the holdup is that they're still debating how to handle public course releases.

There's been plenty of feedback from the community on the subject of user created course releases. I'm wondering why the delay on PP's decision regarding this issue?

-MERACE

#45 jimst57

jimst57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationRhode Island USA

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:40 PM

They probably need to figure out a way to encode the courses so they can't be played without a season pass. That's not meant as some sort of negative remark. I'm just thinking that might be the problem. What's now to stop someone from designing a course, dropping the files in the right folder, passing it out to friends, and playing it?

#46 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:54 PM

They probably need to figure out a way to encode the courses so they can't be played without a season pass.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the PP developers already have the technology figured out on how to limit user created courses to be playable from only those who purchase a season pass. I base my assumption on Mike's post on the Steam forums:

https://steamcommuni...48855005711325/

Based on the community response regarding the season pass I believe that PP are probably reconsidering all their options.

-MERACE

#47 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:25 AM

So I can't play my own course I make without a season pass in the future??

That would be really  dumb.

• MERACE and karma4u like this

Corsair 750D case / Windows 10 64 bit / Intel i7 4790k w/HT Devil's Canyon  4.0 ghz ( over clock to 4.8 ghz. 4.4 cache )

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Board Z97X / 8 GB HyperX Savage 1866 DDR3 / Asus 460 GTX 1GB  ( 4GB total with 3GB shared )

240 Gig HyperX Savage SSD / 750 watt Antec PSU / 1 TB WD HHD  / Water cooled with Phobya LT 400 kit

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-4292-0-08760700-1443733851_thumb.jp
  •  

#48 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:25 AM

We don't yet know the time frame for the release of Course Forge.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#49 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:09 AM

Seems to me that the release of the game out of Early Access should be more important than the release of CF...Anyways, i thought it was going to be simultaneous...I dunno, just waiting like most everyone else.. :mellow:

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#50 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:10 PM

Where are links to the "season pass" info I would like to figure out what this is about and what the forums say about it tanks.  

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#51 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:17 PM

This is no information regarding the season pass, except for what is on the Social Site ( social.perfectparallel.com ) under Passes.  That information is very limited and does not fully describe what might or might not be available with a pass.  Speculation of the details of the pass have been varied with significant reaction.  At this time, PP has not communicated any other details, except what you might find in this quite lengthy thread:

http://www.perfectpa...r-made-courses/

• J.H.Buchanan likes this

#52 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:16 AM

Well I hope this doesn't get into a drawn out only people who ask to use it get to make courses.

Hoping for some Solid info regarding this part of the game.

Corsair 750D case / Windows 10 64 bit / Intel i7 4790k w/HT Devil's Canyon  4.0 ghz ( over clock to 4.8 ghz. 4.4 cache )

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Board Z97X / 8 GB HyperX Savage 1866 DDR3 / Asus 460 GTX 1GB  ( 4GB total with 3GB shared )

240 Gig HyperX Savage SSD / 750 watt Antec PSU / 1 TB WD HHD  / Water cooled with Phobya LT 400 kit

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-4292-0-08760700-1443733851_thumb.jp
  •  

#53 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:28 AM

No, that is only how it currently is - similar to those selected to run the new patches/updates before the rest of us early access participants.  When the CF is released, we'll all be able to have a go at it.  I do not know if there will be an "open beta" for all or if it will just be released as a 'final' for all of us.

#54 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:17 AM

jdeedler so that is where the flux capacitor ended up  ;)  now get yourself the

Sennheiser Orpheus – Updated HE90 Headset !!!

and your in electronics heaven.  Oh just a mere 55k plus taxes and shipping and handling and yes it can be yours.  :rolleyes:  You  never heard a better sounding headphones and even if you did after blowing 55 k would you ever admit it?  :D 

#55 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:44 AM

But  back on topic I really wish they would get CF out to the masses. It seems like this carrot has been dangled long enough in front of our noses whether intentional or not, the facts are that it has been well over two years and yet we keep getting the same answer. "Oh it won't be long now" Lol looking back at the post about CF may 2013 we were asking the same question and now here it is 2016 and yet only a few have had the honor of even getting a glimpse of it. 

Sorry if this sounds bitter but quite frankly I am. I'm not a young man so time is not  on my side to wait this out.        

• J.H.Buchanan and RobV like this

#56 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:12 AM

I hear you, sirputterman. I know PP has some important issues to settle.  But still.  For some reason, the phrase "paralysis by over-analysis" springs to mind.

#57 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:04 AM

But  back on topic I really wish they would get CF out to the masses. It seems like this carrot has been dangled long enough in front of our noses whether intentional or not, the facts are that it has been well over two years and yet we keep getting the same answer. "Oh it won't be long now" Lol looking back at the post about CF may 2013 we were asking the same question and now here it is 2016 and yet only a few have had the honor of even getting a glimpse of it. 

Sorry if this sounds bitter but quite frankly I am. I'm not a young man so time is not  on my side to wait this out.        

the most important thing to me in a golf game is the ability to create my own course from scratch this is more important to me than playing a round this is why my putter stood up years ago when I found out about course forge but nowadays my putter is just a limp noodle. 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#58 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:41 AM

Well I hope this doesn't get into a drawn out only people who ask to use it get to make courses.

Hoping for some Solid info regarding this part of the game.

Whats that Green Thing in your computer liquid cooling are you running a reactor ???

#59 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:25 AM

Please release Course Forge soon!!

• MERACE, Keith and RobV like this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#60 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:26 AM

Please release Course Forge soon!!

Thank you for the large fonts. My eye sight is not what it used to be. ;)

Yes, bring on Course Forge. I'm looking forward to your PG course creations. If they end up being anything like your TGC courses then we will be in for a real treat. :)

-MERACE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users