#1 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:30 PM

Having read many, many posts over the last few months, especially those concerning those who seem to be blind to the fact that this golfing sim is way ahead of all other golfing sims and/or golfing games on the market, I have come to the conclusion that PG may become unique in the world of computer gaming.

I am working on the assumption that all of us who love this game are either present day golfers or as in my case someone who played real golf on a regular basis at some time in the past.

I have also concluded that those who believe that other golf games are better than PG, have never held a golf club in their hand let alone played 18 holes on a real golf course.

If my assumptions are correct, then PG will only be for those of us who understand the physics and dynamics of real golf and will not be playable or desirable for those who have never played the game in reality.

In many of the posts that I have read, there are those who complain that PG is too hard, too difficult.

To them I say; 'Go out on to a real golf course and see if you can score a round of -20 like you can on your favourite, chosen golf game.'

Golf in the real world isn't easy, it takes many, many hours of practice and dedication; ask any professional golfer.

• Fairwayman, LeazesNDR, Perculator and 7 others like this

#2 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:40 PM

Vernon well said and all true......what is really interesting to me is that sometimes I can hit the ball staighter in real golf than I can at PG golf.  Man I love this game.

• ✠ davef ✠ and Vernon520 like this

#3 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:46 PM

....especially those concerning those who seem to be blind to the fact that this golfing sim is way ahead of all other golfing sims ....

....those who believe that other golf games are better than PG, have never held a golf club in their hand let alone played 18 holes on a real golf course.

....PG will only be for those of us who understand the physics and dynamics of real golf and will not be playable or desirable for those who have never played the game in reality...

PG is for everyone who wants to have a go. Your thread offers no contribution whatsoever to the current game development.

I share your passion for this project, but kindly refrain from preemptively dissing others just because their opinions might differ from yours. And please stop baiting them. 

• Richard, MERACE, gravedodger and 3 others like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#4 Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

To the OP... I have never played real golf other than 2 rounds on a little 9 hole par 3 course and do not find this game too difficult.  I also score very low scores on average. 

#5 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:21 PM

You'll find that a lot will depend on the controls and set ups people use as far as scoring goes and that knowing how to golf in Real Life won't even matter in the end.  Sure you might understand how to approach different shots, but when people are playing dart golf like I have seen course management doesn't really matter that much.

Corsair 750D case / Windows 10 64 bit / Intel i7 4790k w/HT Devil's Canyon  4.0 ghz ( over clock to 4.8 ghz. 4.4 cache )

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Board Z97X / 8 GB HyperX Savage 1866 DDR3 / Asus 460 GTX 1GB  ( 4GB total with 3GB shared )

240 Gig HyperX Savage SSD / 750 watt Antec PSU / 1 TB WD HHD  / Water cooled with Phobya LT 400 kit

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-4292-0-08760700-1443733851_thumb.jp
  •  

#6 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:26 PM

If we make the game just for purists and connoisseurs we will have failed miserably. PG is intended to be enjoyed by all types of player from casual to hardcore and it's why we offer more different difficulty settings of play than any other current golf game.

There is no reason why people cant enjoy a realistic simulation of the game of golf in PerfectGolf at any level they wish to play at.

• clint, Richard, Fairwayman and 13 others like this

#7 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:33 PM

Guys I don't think the OP was trying to belittle anyone he was just forming an opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. This game is not like Links, TW or any other previous game as it makes you think as you play and yes that is how real golf is played. The day that you can't form an opinion is the last day for me as everyone's opinion should matter whether we disagree or agree. Come on let's all try to get along.
  • cajuncapgun, LeazesNDR, Perculator and 3 others like this

#8 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:40 PM

I think Vernon was only trying to be complimentary. No need to fall on him like a ton of bricks.
  • Fairwayman, Perculator, ✠ davef ✠ and 1 other like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#9 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:43 PM

If we make the game just for purists and connoisseurs we will have failed miserably. PG is intended to be enjoyed by all types of player from casual to hardcore and it's why we offer more different difficulty settings of play than any other current golf game.

There is no reason why people cant enjoy a realistic simulation of the game of golf in PerfectGolf at any level they wish to play at.

I agree entirely with you and I hope that everyone buys and enjoys this game but to please everyone will be difficult. You have IMO taken this game to an entirely different level within in the world of golfing sims, which I believe was also your intention.

I will be interested to see how the game can be developed to encompass the needs of the purists as well as the needs of the more arcade type of payer.

So far according to the poll on age groups of members, it would seem that it is only the more mature, or in my case the 'old f**rts' that are into this game. 

There seems to be little interest from the younger gaming population at this time.

#10 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:45 PM

Guys I don't think the OP was trying to belittle anyone he was just forming an opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. This game is not like Links, TW or any other previous game as it makes you think as you play and yes that is how real golf is played. The day that you can't form an opinion is the last day for me as everyone's opinion should matter whether we disagree or agree. Come on let's all try to get along.

I thank you and you are very correct. It is only my opinion but I believe an opinion with foundation.

#11 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

PG is for everyone who wants to have a go. Your thread offers no contribution whatsoever to the current game development.

I share your passion for this project, but kindly refrain from preemptively dissing others just because their opinions might differ from yours. And please stop baiting them. 

A forum is place to debate issues or express opinions, I strongly dismiss your accusations of 'dissing others' and I certainly have no intention of trying to bait anyone.

Another persons opinion may not sit well with your own but all opinions have a right to be aired.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#12 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 October 2015 - 12:45 AM

If my assumptions are correct, then PG will only be for those of us who understand the physics and dynamics of real golf and will not be playable or desirable for those who have never played the game in reality.

Your assumptions are ridiculous, however, you are definitely entitled to your own opinions......

• Crusher likes this

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#13 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:22 AM

Your assumptions are ridiculous, however, you are definitely entitled to your own opinions......

I beg to differ. According to a poll started by Davwfc92 60% of members are 51 + the rest are 31-50.

Within the forum those of us who have put forward ideas of how the game should play and how the ball should react have done so mainly based on their own experience of playing golf.

That said, that is not to say that everyone playing PG is or has been a golfer but certainly the vast majority of us have or are.

#14 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:21 AM

Like most things in life, the older you are, the more you experience things..... stating what you did, isn't only theoretically likely, but statistically like too. Still, I'm not pooping on anyones parade. i don't disagree or agree...

As far as the younger generation goes... I'd like to state, they don't necessarily use the same platforms, regarding this game. It's essentially like stating not many people have heard this song, because it was released as vinyl only. Once the track becomes digitised, it may catch on.

#15 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:15 AM

Like most things in life, the older you are, the more you experience things..... stating what you did, isn't only theoretically likely, but statistically like too. Still, I'm not pooping on anyones parade. i don't disagree or agree...

As far as the younger generation goes... I'd like to state, they don't necessarily use the same platforms, regarding this game. It's essentially like stating not many people have heard this song, because it was released as vinyl only. Once the track becomes digitised, it may catch on.

Statistically youngsters do favour consoles over pc's so it would be difficult predict the games popularity with younger gamer's until the game is released on consoles.

#16 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:22 AM

Well put Vernon. I agree. You nailed it regarding the real life golf remark. Only people who have really played the game irl know what they are talking about when criticizing gameplay a/o physics. That said, it doesn't mean that other folks can't have a good time enjoying this wondeful, beautiful game ofcourse! It's not just for the 'hard core' enthousiast. But it is true beyond a doubt, that having played the game irl in any 'serious' way, is absolutely the most important benchmark reviewing, testing a/o criticizing PG. Anyway, for me, looking at how the game is progressing I can safely say it's right on track. At the highest levels it's tough as nails, and that is as it should be.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#17 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:44 AM

I've never played a game of golf, never even picked up a club, not even in a secondhand shop, the nearest I've been to a game of golf is on a putting green.  But i think this is a GREAT game, played on WGT which i thought was good until PG came on early release.   So  Vernon is talking without thinking.

• MERACE, karma4u and Tentpole like this

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#18 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

Seriously....It's a Golf Game.   There are not a ton of younger people who are going to flock to a Golf Game.  Maybe if you have shiney's, bells, whistles, special effects, super powers, Huge Name attached to title.....etc,etc,etc... even then....without power pills, clowns and flashy lights its not going to draw a huge young crowd.   PG is destined to be an older and niche crowd, much if its success will be from pealing away other gamers from the Golf Game they play now.

As far as who's played Golf? most people have wacked a ball or two at some point or watched enough golf balls flying around on TV. 

There have been times in my life I have hit 2000+ balls many times in a week.  After a while you do not learn much about the ball's physics you just learn more about yourself and your body.  The ball will still bounce the same a little this way or a little that way.  There are a few shots

( which btw most of seen happen Live many times on TV ) which a casual golfer might not be able to pull off and see the results for themselves, but I am sure they have watched others and wished they could! ;)

• Greensboronclion and Vernon520 like this

Corsair 750D case / Windows 10 64 bit / Intel i7 4790k w/HT Devil's Canyon  4.0 ghz ( over clock to 4.8 ghz. 4.4 cache )

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Board Z97X / 8 GB HyperX Savage 1866 DDR3 / Asus 460 GTX 1GB  ( 4GB total with 3GB shared )

240 Gig HyperX Savage SSD / 750 watt Antec PSU / 1 TB WD HHD  / Water cooled with Phobya LT 400 kit

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-4292-0-08760700-1443733851_thumb.jp
  •  

#19 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:15 PM

I've never played a game of golf, never even picked up a club, not even in a secondhand shop, the nearest I've been to a game of golf is on a putting green.  But i think this is a GREAT game, played on WGT which i thought was good until PG came on early release.   So  Vernon is talking without thinking.

I my opening post I did state that I was working on assumptions, as it would be impossible for me to ask each individual  member if they had played golf the in real world.

However the overriding fact remains that PG is attracting mainly real world golfers and/or hardcore golfing fans/gamers.

So to say I am talking without thinking is IMO incorrect.

The bottom line is that PP want this game to be successful and to do that it must attract a broader and more diverse audience.

#20 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:21 PM

geezzz guys-if only-------------I go into my garage and there stands my old golf clubs , collecting dust and rusting , I almost cry cause physicaly I can't go hit any more--really hurts--then along comes golf sims games--checked em all out  and decided on links 2003 --then comes PG  after few days of playing it I went to the garage grabed my clubs -(best I cud ) took em out back sat em down in front of me and cleaned them up and polished them--that felt sooooo  good ,  golf is back in my life at least on my computer----end of story !! 

I don't bitch about this game---maybe a few ideas i'll or wishes i'll throw in , ,but that's it --LOVE  PG !!

• Sinewiz, Greensboronclion, Charles and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users