26 replies to this topic

#21 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:29 PM

geezzz guys-if only-------------I go into my garage and there stands my old golf clubs , collecting dust and rusting , I almost cry cause physicaly I can't go hit any more--really hurts--then along comes golf sims games--checked em all out  and decided on links 2003 --then comes PG  after few days of playing it I went to the garage grabed my clubs -(best I cud ) took em out back sat em down in front of me and cleaned them up and polished them--that felt sooooo  good ,  golf is back in my life at least on my computer----end of story !! 

I don't bitch about this game---maybe a few ideas i'll or wishes i'll throw in , ,but that's it --LOVE  PG !!

Believe me if I could go swing at the range for hours again I would. I am just glad I had the chance when I was younger.  As it stands right now I might drag a couple clubs out once in awhile and swing a bit just for old times sake. Nothing like a nice cleaned up set of clubs ready for the course! I have a few sets that just gather dust, but I won't sell em!! :)

• Greensboronclion and Charles like this

Corsair 750D case / Windows 10 64 bit / Intel i7 4790k w/HT Devil's Canyon  4.0 ghz ( over clock to 4.8 ghz. 4.4 cache )

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Board Z97X / 8 GB HyperX Savage 1866 DDR3 / Asus 460 GTX 1GB  ( 4GB total with 3GB shared )

240 Gig HyperX Savage SSD / 750 watt Antec PSU / 1 TB WD HHD  / Water cooled with Phobya LT 400 kit

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-4292-0-08760700-1443733851_thumb.jp
  •  

#22 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:56 PM

In my youth I to would hit a couple thousand balls a week and play everyday. Those early mornings and late evenings on the course were times you cherish and remember but would love to do all over again. Today at 59 between work and everything I am still blessed to play a round a week most of the time and still cherish that but I also am blessed every night with being able to sit down at my PC and enjoy the greatest game in the world on great course and to simulate the real thing. Whether you still play or don't play anymore or have never played at all a sunrise or sunset round of PG is still a great thing. I always thought no game would ever absorb my time like Links did but PG has set a new bar for me. I still remember back when the first Links game came out for PC and seeing a picture in a magazine of number 18 at Pebble Beach and saying to myself I have to get that game. Well looking at what these testers are creating with course forge is doing the same again for me. In reality there is nothing like playing a real round of golf with the morning dew still on the ground and seeing the trail of your putt on the green but PG is as close as we have ever been and for that we should all be thankful.
  • Charles and Vernon520 like this

#23 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:12 PM

Well put Vernon. I agree. You nailed it regarding the real life golf remark. Only people who have really played the game irl know what they are talking about when criticizing gameplay a/o physics. That said, it doesn't mean that other folks can't have a good time enjoying this wondeful, beautiful game ofcourse! It's not just for the 'hard core' enthousiast. But it is true beyond a doubt, that having played the game irl in any 'serious' way, is absolutely the most important benchmark reviewing, testing a/o criticizing PG. Anyway, for me, looking at how the game is progressing I can safely say it's right on track. At the highest levels it's tough as nails, and that is as it should be.

Hell, I just read your first review of PG back in Jan. Under fire or what!

#24 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:11 AM

I beg to differ. According to a poll started by Davwfc92 60% of members are 51 + the rest are 31-50.

Within the forum those of us who have put forward ideas of how the game should play and how the ball should react have done so mainly based on their own experience of playing golf.

That said, that is not to say that everyone playing PG is or has been a golfer but certainly the vast majority of us have or are.

Beg, differ whatever you wish...The fact remains....your assumptions are ridiculous....Polls and/or anything on the 'net has to be taken with a large grain of salt...I could not or would not profess to tell these folks or others how i feel a golf ball should react in a video game.

That said, i have golfed all my life and hope to continue for many years to come...

This game and others, are wonderful for the  golfing community at large.....Try, not to make it an age thing.......and leave the physics to the developers.......Somehow, i just feel that they know so much more about what they are doing than some "old f@@rts" that played the game........"back in the day".........or, even today......as i do.........

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#25 Trath

Trath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:13 AM

The core game is really good and will hopefully become great, and to do that it needs to be fun and compelling while remaining authentic to the actual game of golf.

I really hope that the developers get input from 16 year olds, 20 year olds, 25 year olds etc; yes experience tempers and hopefully makes ideas and feelings more 'realistic', but tbh even in my late 30's I bemoan my loss of excitement, creativity and wonder for things, I often think, "Why are we slaves to 'realistic' or 'practical', f$%k realistic, down with practical, I want magic, wonder and fun!

Hopefully this game will have something for everyone, but to have that everyone's input at least needs to be considered. I hope that in 12 months time the age poll shows a few more 18-31 somethings, and I am looking forward to some masterpiece golf courses that inspire and create awe, with pot bunkers of course!

• Vernon520 likes this

Asus ROG Maximus Gene - i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz - Radeon R9 FURY - 16 gigs ram - Antec 750W Gold PSU - Samsung EVO 840 250 gig SSD - LG 29UM67 Monitor - Logitech G502 mouse

#26 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:17 AM

Well, you know what they say about assumptions......Not sure if there was a Question in the original post or not. Having read the title of post I had to see for myself who considers themselves connoisseurs. but I'm assuming you are calling your self an expert, no that cant be right. Lover of the game, maybe. I'm confused. I wont assume anything.... I  L O V E the game of golf. period.  Played other golf games, all had their own pros and cons. never found any that i thought  represented real life golf.... and I dont think any can. Smell the fresh cut grass? no? taste the sand from that last sand shot that left you in a cloud of dust? No? get to where you thought your ball was only to not find it at all. no? However the developers are doing a great job trying to get it as close as possible. There's some kudo's there and well deserved. They are also trying to get the game to a point where most can enjoy it in some shape or form. There are so many options now it is mind boggling. The more people the game appeals to the better chance of success it has. I know that allienating any  1 demographic is not a good start to anything so that being said, I'm going back to the future Where I can play perfect golf on my 96 inch plasma wall  with my virtuall swing stick against my dad who lives 6 states away playing on his lazy-boy computer interfaced gaming recliner. Oh yeah there is is also world peace and motion swingers and 3 clickers all get along.

• ✠ davef ✠ and Greensboronclion like this
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#27 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:32 AM

Smell the fresh cut grass? no? taste the sand from that last sand shot that left you in a cloud of dust? No? get to where you thought your ball was only to not find it at all. no? However the developers are doing a great job trying to get it as close as possible. There's some kudo's there and well deserved.

So very well said........Cheers

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users