#1 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:55 AM

Coming soon.....

For Skytrak, GC2, TrackMan, and any other golf simulator hardware that can play Perfect Golf. Tour Pro MS, 3-Click, and controller users can also join this tour, in addition to Tour Pro, if they wish to compete with simulator players. Sim tournaments will use settings that geared towards sim users such as shorter tees and wider handicap spreads.

PG api will provide auto scoring and tournament settings for each round. This is a season long tour using the FedEx points system and USGA handicaps.

For more info, please visit PG Simulator Tour 2016's home page.

http://www.onlinegol...e.html?id=10023

Videos and tour discussions:
http://onlinegolftou...wforum.php?f=64
  • JTee1 likes this

#2 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:51 PM

Great news!!! I have been lurking about here for almost 2 years waiting for this happen.
Once course forge is out we can only hope that there are a few skilled designers around that also play golf IRL and are willing to design some amazing courses optimized for sim play.

#3 m3w

m3w

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:46 PM

The site says that it's scheduled to start 2015-10-15.  Does that mean there's a possibility that PG will be released for Skytrak by then?

#4 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:01 PM

We'll start the season or pre-season with GC2 guys first.  Hopefully SKytrak will be ready shortly after.  Nobody knows the exact date but them.

#5 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:41 PM

Videos and tour discussions:

http://onlinegolftou...wforum.php?f=64

#6 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:01 PM

Just out of curiosity, just how many GC2's do you expect to compete?  They cost anywhere from $8,000 to almost $12,000.  Or am I googling the wrong GC2 :)

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#7 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:19 PM

GC2s sell for $6500 new plus other sim related components. They can be had on eBay for $3-5k used. In the simulator world, where people expect pay $30k, 6500 seems like a bargain...:)

Already have 10 GC2 users and 1 SkyTrak user signed up on tour. I expect to get another 10 GC2 once testing is done and we start tournaments. We'll probably get double the number in SkyTrak users since they sell for $2k. And after PG goes retail, these numbers will grow.

#8 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:33 PM

GC2s sell for $6500 new plus other sim related components. They can be had on eBay for $3-5k used. In the simulator world, where people expect pay $30k, 6500 seems like a bargain... :)

Already have 10 GC2 users and 1 SkyTrak user signed up on tour. I expect to get another 10 GC2 once testing is done and we start tournaments. We'll probably get double the number in SkyTrak users since they sell for $2k. And after PG goes retail, these numbers will grow.

Wow.  I never would've guessed.  Heh, I guess it's one of those things where "if ya gotta ask how much..."  :)

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#9 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:23 PM

My guess is that most owners of this sort of equipment would jump at the chance to play in a community, rather than just on their own if they are made aware of it. After all, you've got to be pretty committed to golf in the first place to invest this sort of money in it. The hardest part is likely to be getting the information to the users that this opportunity, and this site exists - the same problem that PP will have with Perfect Golf - marketing is SO important. With the access and availability of the internet now, the world population is so large that I think there is a market for almost anything if you can manage to reach the people who will be interested in it.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#10 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:30 PM

I didn't realise PG was going to support GC2 - good to hear. Licensing cost used to be pretty substantial.

#11 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:51 PM

My guess is that most owners of this sort of equipment would jump at the chance to play in a community, rather than just on their own if they are made aware of it. After all, you've got to be pretty committed to golf in the first place to invest this sort of money in it. 

If a somewhat good equalisation between the different swing analysers and input methods can be made, cross device tournaments would rock. Short tees as zmax mentioned definitely a start, but for instance putting can be atrociously hard on some simulators requiring ridiculous gimme zones.

I checked out the Golfzon simulator with the swing plate while I was in Tokyo last week--if you have the swing plate (which adjusts the slope of the real life area you're standing on to match the course), you'd want to use it. But if you were more competitive without it, letting the game calculate the slope's effect instead, would you use it? Equalising devices will be extremely hard.

#12 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

If a somewhat good equalisation between the different swing analysers and input methods can be made, cross device tournaments would rock. Short tees as zmax mentioned definitely a start, but for instance putting can be atrociously hard on some simulators requiring ridiculous gimme zones.

Completely agree.  As different types of sim hardware come on board with PG, we'll do our best to level the playing field.  The GC2 is very accurate for putting and we can probably go down to no gimmes, but will probably settle at 3-4ft to keep pace of play reasonable.  The skytrak's putting works and hopefully 3-4 ft gimmes work for them also.  Radar systems systems such as Trackman and Flightscope, will require a putting sensor add-on.

#13 Dovetree

Dovetree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

I didn't realise PG was going to support GC2 - good to hear. Licensing cost used to be pretty substantial.

Is PG officially supported by Foresight?   Or is PG using the GC2 output data independently similar to the way Protee/TGC is doing? 

#14 jcolton31

jcolton31

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:22 AM

The new Trackman 4 has the ability to track putts. Sounds like Trackman 4 will be the model they sell for indoor for this reason.

#15 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:21 AM

Is PG officially supported by Foresight?   Or is PG using the GC2 output data independently similar to the way Protee/TGC is doing? 

I haven't heard, but I've also haven't been able to keep up with the forum here lately.  Zmax would likely know but also likely bound by confidentiality.

The way things at least used to be was that GC2 units could get their output data captured. GC2 weren't too happy about that as they made the bulk of their profit on selling from their own game software, but can't stop it unless people upgrade their GC2's firmware (which they won't, lol.)

Whether new GC2's sold now encrypt their output data or not, I don't know. I'd assume it was just a matter of time, but maybe compatibility with TGC and PG might grab them more profit from increased GC2 sales than the loss from their own software sales. They might be turning a blind eye to keep their options open.

#16 Dovetree

Dovetree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:20 PM

I see, thanks.

Yeah, probably they'd be reluctant to encrypt the data if TGC and PC are selling units.  But it seems they could make some extra money by quietly working out licensing deals....even if they don't promote TGC/PG and only promote their own software.

Anyone know what sim hardware PG is coming to over the next while?  Zmax post listed GC2, Skytrak and Trackman plus "any other hardware".    Are others coming?   The list seems slanted to things that are kinda pricey.

#17 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 05:32 PM

Cant wait until the Simulator players are up and running in the Tour Pro Events. Really enjoyed playing Zmax and witnessing his golfing abilities. He was + 8 on 9 holes but game has a glitch to where it tees off backwards on occasion. He probably would have shot +6. I might have the upper hand on pc golf but he would beat me hands down in real golf. It was very interesting and fun.

This is were handicap golf comes in and across platforms we can start out on a level playing feild and compete in a friendly fun match.

www.Onlinegolftour.net

#18 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:14 PM

GC2 beta testers needed.

Click on link below:

http://www.onlinegol...64&p=5378#p5378

#19 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:54 AM

Perfect Golf Simulator explained:

http://www.onlinegol...=64&t=475#p5461

#20 Dovetree

Dovetree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:18 AM

Looks great zmax. Any plans to have it work with the upcoming ES16? Apparently the ES16 will have TGC but nice to have a choice especially if ES16 is reasonably priced.

Also what is the cost of the sim version of PG? Probably this is blindingly obvious but I haven't noticed price anywhere. How will it compare to the $995 of TGC?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users