29 replies to this topic

#1 flinty125

flinty125

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNottingham, United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

Hi everyone , i don't know if this is too early to post but im in the process of getting a new computer , due to these circumstances I was wondering what the specifications would be ? If there aren't none maybe I could know if it would require a high end , mid end or low end pc to run this game.

Many thanks,

flinty125

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:31 PM

Flinty,

Just out of curiosity, and for a comparison point of view, what are your current PC specs? What, if any, games do you run on it now and how do they perform?

Only ask, as often just an update here or there, might be better than forking out on a whole new rig.

;)

#3 flinty125

flinty125

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

Flinty,

Just out of curiosity, and for a comparison point of view, what are your current PC specs? What, if any, games do you run on it now and how do they perform?

Only ask, as often just an update here or there, might be better than forking out on a whole new rig.

;)

Hi

I currently have a AMD Athlon quad core (2.4Ghz x4), my GPU is an ATI radeon 5770 HD 1GB and I have 2GB of ram . I am planning on building a computer with :

i5 4570

ATI radeon 7770 HD 1GB DDR5

8GB DDR3 ram

I can play Rome 2 total war on low with 32 fps , i also play a game called Wargame Air land battle if you have heard of that , i play that on low barely . 

#4 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

F,

I'm no expert, but I think the new build is a good solid upgrade from the current machine and one that should see an improvement in how Rome 2 and Wargame Air perform, even with the graphics turned up some. I would definitely have said the CPU and the RAM would have needed an upgrade on the current spec and you have these covered in the new build, along with the newer GPU.

I'm sure there will be others come in the thread and offer opinion on your setup, but IMO the new build will cope adequately with Perfect Golf.

;)

#5 flinty125

flinty125

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

F,

I'm no expert, but I think the new build is a good solid upgrade from the current machine and one that should see an improvement in how Rome 2 and Wargame Air perform, even with the graphics turned up some. I would definitely have said the CPU and the RAM would have needed an upgrade on the current spec and you have these covered in the new build, along with the newer GPU.

I'm sure there will be others come in the thread and offer opinion on your setup, but IMO the new build will cope adequately with Perfect Golf.

;)

Thanks for your opinion anyway 

#6 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

That video card is a lot of bang-for-the-buck, but I'd definitely be tempted to spend another hundred on a GTX 760 with 2GB RAM and 2.5 times the speed. That's even more BFTB!

#7 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

That video card is a lot of bang-for-the-buck, but I'd definitely be tempted to spend another hundred on a GTX 760 with 2GB RAM and 2.5 times the speed. That's even more BFTB!

Spooky!

Just last week I upgraded from an ATI Radeon 5970 to a Nvidia GTX 760. Have already seen a vast improvement when playing Assetto Corsa (> 100 fps where the 5970 was giving me 60-75 fps). That said, I did expect a bump up in fps, as the 5970 is showing its age now, but glad I changed. I used to have Nvida cards before the 5970 and decided now was a good time to go back, lol.

B)

#8 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:50 AM

Yeah the new spec sounds decent enough for what's likely needed here. I won't go into the finer details (and the i5 4570 vs i7 debate..lol) but your current machine would likely run the game with a few tweaks too. However, I'm guessing the age of the machine has some sway too... it only really needs more Ram and a Graphics card change for improvements to occur. But, like most machines, the m/b dictates how much Ram you can add, so it's likely not possible..?

But in terms of what you stated.. go for it. The Graphics Card issue is certainly worth looking a little harder at.. but if unsure, stick with something more commonly supported and throw the money at the Ram side. You'll only benefit with Ram if you're going to use it though..

#9 flinty125

flinty125

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:43 AM

Yeah the new spec sounds decent enough for what's likely needed here. I won't go into the finer details (and the i5 4570 vs i7 debate..lol) but your current machine would likely run the game with a few tweaks too. However, I'm guessing the age of the machine has some sway too... it only really needs more Ram and a Graphics card change for improvements to occur. But, like most machines, the m/b dictates how much Ram you can add, so it's likely not possible..?

But in terms of what you stated.. go for it. The Graphics Card issue is certainly worth looking a little harder at.. but if unsure, stick with something more commonly supported and throw the money at the Ram side. You'll only benefit with Ram if you're going to use it though..

Thanks , i have decided to build the specs i mentioned above , i have added a larger psu just incase i want to upgrade my gpu in the future , but i have no plans so far for another couple of years at least to upgrade anything.

#10 Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*

Guest_Pssst..(I work for EA)_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

This should easily run on a Toshiba Radion Satellite Laptop with no issues.. But I honestly never see this released..alot of graphical bugs

#11 J4FThunder666

J4FThunder666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:17 PM

really good Question PS Specs. I see the HB Studio will only compatible with DX 11 Cards. Not all Guys are Owner of a 760GTX or a Highend System. 

But the most of the Games at the Market are playable with some reduced Settings.

I sincerely hope that you all players (DX10) will give you the opportunity to play Perfect Golf !

Greetings Thunder

#12 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

DX11 isn't a requirement at this stage. The graphics will be scalable so a mid range laptop can play it all the way up to a full powerhouse gaming Computer.  We've actually had some stuff running on an iphone 4s at 60fps although the graphics quality was obviously reduced. 

• Sinewiz, fungolfer and Keith like this

#13 J4FThunder666

J4FThunder666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

DX11 isn't a requirement at this stage. The graphics will be scalable so a mid range laptop can play it all the way up to a full powerhouse gaming Computer.  We've actually had some stuff running on an iphone 4s at 60fps although the graphics quality was obviously reduced. 

Yeehaaaa  :D  Perfect Parallel for president.

Greetings Thunder

#14 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

This is great news!

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#15 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Hmmm... there's hope for my system then.  I've got a DX11 capable graphics card (Radeon HD [EDIT] I originally showed a 6450, I went back and checked and it's a 6670 1GB, so even better!) in my two year old system.  It would be great if I could run Perfect Golf at 1600 x 900 @ 60 fps!

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#16 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:46 AM

DX11 isn't a requirement at this stage.

Hey Mike, 

When you say DX11 isn't a requirement at this stage do you mean that it could possibly change prior to the release of the game?  

-MERACE

#17 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

CAN SOMEONE COMMENT ON MY NEW SYSTEM WHICH IS COMING TOMOROW, oops caps on, errm more my graphics card really as I know the rest is going to be just great, will it do? it doesn't have an 'X' in the name and that worries me a bit and it's 600 and something, not 700 and something... have i survived??

i7 4770 processor 3.9GHZ

8GB RAM

1TB Hard drive!!!!! a effin TERRABYTE!!!

NVIDIA GT630, 2GB graphics

#18 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

A GT 630 is very underpowered compared to the rest of the system above. If you do a fair amount of gaming the GPU should be uppermost in the budget. You'd be better off with an i5 CPU and getting a much better graphics card like a GTX 760

#19 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

Hey Mike, 

When you say DX11 isn't a requirement at this stage do you mean that it could possibly change prior to the release of the game?  

-MERACE

Highly unlikely Merace.

#20 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

hello, i read here some good news about the requirements for the PG game, thank you Mike for those tips, very good to know.

Take care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users