#21 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

Highly unlikely Merace.

That's very good news for those that do not want to upgrade their video cards!  :)

Thanks,

MERACE

#22 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

I'd be interested to know why TGC requires DX11 when PG doesn't, as they are both being developed on the same Unity engine. TGC does already have reflective moving water, and a moving cloud weather system, with its related lighting and shadows in place, but if this is the only difference then how will PG cope with this when the time comes to add these features? Will DX9/10 be up to the task? Also, wouldn't DX11 allow the poly count to be massively increased? Not sure exactly what it does, so this may be incorrect.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#23 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:44 AM

A GT 630 is very underpowered compared to the rest of the system above. If you do a fair amount of gaming the GPU should be uppermost in the budget. You'd be better off with an i5 CPU and getting a much better graphics card like a GTX 760

Oh thank you for your reply! Yes the system is up and running now - feels like star trek compared to my old laptop!! lols, been playing some 'power games' like Max Payne 3 and they run as smooth as a slippery mud slide!! Can't wait for PP now I got 'the daddy' haha!! 

But yes, upgrading the graphics to the GTX760 is now 'on the agenda' but I'll wait for a bit (12 months or so) cause I'm terrified at how much I spent already!! still - it's in, home and dry under a safe PC shelter for the next.....well decade really! that's why I went for i7, get as far in front as u can in that game innit!!

Still, the upgrade gives me something to look forward to for next year as well :-)

#24 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

I'd be interested to know why TGC requires DX11 when PG doesn't, as they are both being developed on the same Unity engine. TGC does already have reflective moving water, and a moving cloud weather system, with its related lighting and shadows in place, but if this is the only difference then how will PG cope with this when the time comes to add these features? Will DX9/10 be up to the task? Also, wouldn't DX11 allow the poly count to be massively increased? Not sure exactly what it does, so this may be incorrect.

They're probably using some of the D11 only features like tessellation for player hair, that's really the only thing DX11 offers over everything else.

DX11 no other real world advantage over DX10 or OpenGL.

#25 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

@vfe - thanks for the reply. I can't see it being connected to TGC's golfer models as they look fairly basic, but could it be how they are creating the brilliant 3D grass effect they have when viewed close up?

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#26 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

At high graphic levels, quite a few of the BETA testers are stating how their machines are running like a dog and very low frame rates.

Some folks are reverting to low screen resolutions and low/mid detail settings just to get the game to run smoothly. I've run it on a windowed setting with medium setting and am getting 20-25 FPS at best. Odd, when I can run any other games I have in my Steam library (70+) all with high settings and plentiful FPS.

#27 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:09 AM

@vfe - thanks for the reply. I can't see it being connected to TGC's golfer models as they look fairly basic, but could it be how they are creating the brilliant 3D grass effect they have when viewed close up?

Grass would be the other option, though I wouldn't do that personally, cause well, Daz illustrates why :)

The performance penalty is so high, to benefit so few people, but that's just my opinion.

#28 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:40 AM

I hope we will have the ability to run the game with all the graphix turned up as high as they go but also be able to have them as low as they go and anywhere in between. Some who have good graphix cards will want to be able to get all the benefits out if it.. Those that don't should have the option to turn things down...

Should be doeable, if an old ass game like TW;s can do it, PP should too...

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#29 fame56

fame56

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:23 AM

axe...good to see u! went to golfstar when they took two down but they took golfstar down too last month...so, nothing to play now...golfstar was bs, anyway...hope to see u on the pp links down the road..take care!..cary

#30 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

Good to see you too Cary!  :)

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ