#21 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:50 PM

How close are we to having better reflections on the water?

Seems a shame to have quality real life recreations such as this and those shitty default reflections that have no relation to the surrounding environment.

Would you be willing to take the extra load on the GPU to get that? For me the answer is YES, would be interesting to hear what others think. 

#22 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:05 PM

Would you be willing to take the extra load on the GPU to get that? For me the answer is YES, would be interesting to hear what others think. 

I'd certainly accept that.  But why not just make it an option so that it won't impact lower-end machines?

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#23 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

I certainly welcome new courses, and this one looks fantastic but when are we going to get a European or ROW course please?
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#24 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:18 PM

I'd certainly accept that.  But why not just make it an option so that it won't impact lower-end machines?

There's always a tradeoff - course detail/real time reflections. It's not so easy to have both in this case as an in game option.

CF supports both so there will inevitably be user made courses which have real time reflections on the water but they will have to have a lot less detail on the rest of the course to compensate. Even the most powerful computers would struggle to handle a course with our details levels with real time reflections on. We use a cubemap captured from the centre point of the lake to create the reflections in our water so under most circumstances it looks good.

#25 Doudar1361295165

Doudar1361295165

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUp North in the UK

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:18 PM

No courses will not cost that much, not anywhere near it... 

Well that is a relief.

Doudar.png

#26 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:22 PM

Very nice Mike.  

Would love to see more courses becoming available soon, licensed or otherwise. 

#27 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:29 PM

The $24.95 cost is really not unreasonable. The Released courses at the start of Links were that price or close.  Back then that price was a LOT. Would probably somewhere in the relative range of $50 now.

Anyway, I'm not rich but will get every course released for PG.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#28 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:30 PM

The $24.95 cost is really no unreasonable. The Released courses at the start of Links were that price or close.  Back then that price was a LOT.  Probably somewhere in the range of $50 now.

Anyway, I'm not rich but will get every course released for PG.

Jerry

Those were days gone by Jerry, our licensed courses will cost a fraction of that.

• IanK likes this

#29 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:56 PM

There's always a tradeoff - course detail/real time reflections. It's not so easy to have both in this case as an in game option.

CF supports both so there will inevitably be user made courses which have real time reflections on the water but they will have to have a lot less detail on the rest of the course to compensate. Even the most powerful computers would struggle to handle a course with our details levels with real time reflections on. We use a cubemap captured from the centre point of the lake to create the reflections in our water so under most circumstances it looks good.

OK - I see. 

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#30 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

Those were days gone by Jerry, our licensed courses will cost a fraction of that.

Not complaining at all Mark.  Just displaying that the relative costs from the 90's to now would not make $24.95 now unreasonable.

A fraction of that works for me.   :lol:

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#31 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:04 PM

Hmm.  I would have said just the opposite.  It is the exception, not the rule, when reflections look good.  Do other golf games use prefab reflections to save fps?  I'm asking because I honestly don't know.

• MERACE likes this

#32 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:55 PM

Of course I'm happy to pay for new courses but not at the price of €24.99 that I saw in another thread. Or was it a joke?

It was a joke. The poster said it costs nothing to ask.

#33 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:01 PM

Oh my, some folks sure are gullible, lol.

I made mention of $24.99 as a joke in reply to someone who was guesstimating courses might be $25.

No I didn't. Olazboll said it costs nothing to ask, so as a joke I said 'That'll be $25.00.' Boy you really have to watch you write on here.

I'm talking about myself just in case someone thinks the last line was aimed at somebody else.

#34 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:19 PM

Oh my, some folks sure are gullible, lol.

I made mention of $24.99 as a joke in reply to someone who was guesstimating courses might be $25.

Vernon:

No I didn't. Olazboll said it costs nothing to ask, so as a joke I said 'That'll be $25.00.' Boy you really have to watch you write on here.

I'm talking about myself just in case someone thinks the last line was aimed at somebody else.

Yeah Vernon ... Seems I was the only one who got the "25 bucks for a question"-joke

• Vernon520 likes this

#35 cherab2013

cherab2013

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:45 PM

Don't like seeing day 1 DLC

• erwildcat, worrybirdie, TRCThrobbinhood and 1 other like this

#36 letorgan

letorgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:47 PM

Bonjour a tous ;

les photos sont réaliste incroyable ont dirait la réalitée parfaite de notre monde réèl bravo !

#37 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:48 PM

Sure would, or least have a possible option to push my card a bit more.

• Parboy likes this

#38 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:31 PM

Great looking course and I hope it's ready by my return home next week. DLC is part of the game and great courses are worth the extra coin and can't wait to play this gem.
  • Parboy likes this

#39 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:30 AM

DLC courses are welcome to me and I will purchase them. My expectation is that all IRL objects like Clubouse etc. will be in there.

#40 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:19 AM

Not complaining at all Mark.  Just displaying that the relative costs from the 90's to now would not make $24.95 now unreasonable.

A fraction of that works for me.   :lol:

Jerry

Mark lol......?

• Parboy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users