46 replies to this topic

#21 Legerejeff

Legerejeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:51 PM

Even if they have a tough tough time sticking to an ETA I still want one desperately.

#22 Legerejeff

Legerejeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:15 PM

The community needs to poke the bear. I have patience but this is getting rediculaus. Just give us a effing ETA and I... and hopefully we would be happy. It's super frustrating with bata participants communicating ideas, sharing pics and opening threads called show and tell. Then we have little old me stuck waiting and waiting and waiting. All my frustration could be subsided with an announcement. "We expect to have CF ready for the public by this day mouth." Even a general idea would be amazing. JUST DO IT. JUST GIVE AN ETA PLEASE!

#23 dpeters95

dpeters95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:17 PM

Even if they have a tough tough time sticking to an ETA I still want one desperately.

Are you fluent with Unity yet?

If not, you won't get much out of Course Forge...

#24 Legerejeff

Legerejeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:51 PM

Yes. I'm very fluent with unity. That being said I don't want to be part of the bata, I just want transparency. I hate the devide between bata testers and the rest of the community. Testers and none course designers do not seem to mind that course forge is closed to the public. Why would they care? Aspiring course designers like myself do mind. What is the hold up? Why can't we get an ETA? Why can't we get any informatiom? Why do we except this treatment? The biggest problem with this game is they are taking the users for granted. I'm just expected to be patient and stand in line. The stalk answer soon is not good enough anymore. Licensing and bugs and other little issues that are holding done the breaks no longer holds any weight with me. If I have to see another gem come from dogs or Mike r or k11 I'm going to lose my mind. Am I losing my mind or do any others feel my pain? Why is this not the topic at the forefront of this community? In the future I will try to tone things down, but this is so frustrating.

#25 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:05 PM

Yes. I'm very fluent with unity. That being said I don't want to be part of the bata, I just want transparency. I hate the devide between bata testers and the rest of the community. Testers and none course designers do not seem to mind that course forge is closed to the public. Why would they care? Aspiring course designers like myself do mind. What is the hold up? Why can't we get an ETA? Why can't we get any informatiom? Why do we except this treatment? The biggest problem with this game is they are taking the users for granted. I'm just expected to be patient and stand in line. The stalk answer soon is not good enough anymore. Licensing and bugs and other little issues that are holding done the breaks no longer holds any weight with me. If I have to see another gem come from dogs or Mike r or k11 I'm going to lose my mind. Am I losing my mind or do any others feel my pain? Why is this not the topic at the forefront of this community? In the future I will try to tone things down, but this is so frustrating.

Wow, after a rant like that your courses better rock! 

#26 Legerejeff

Legerejeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:14 PM

Nothing like a good rant.. Haha.

#27 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:24 PM

Most of us testers are just as much in the dark over public release as everyone else is. The vast majority of our time spent interacting with the devs is devoted mostly to troubleshooting.

I'm very much ready for CF to come out, if only because there are some additional features I'm looking forward to using.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#28 Legerejeff

Legerejeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:43 PM

If you are in contact with the JNPG team, tell them to give the general public an ETA. Even if it is a soft ETA. It would mean the world to us none testers.

#29 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:50 PM

If you are in contact with the JNPG team, tell them to give the general public an ETA. Even if it is a soft ETA. It would mean the world to us none testers.

You are in contact with the JNPG team. They read the posts even if they don't always respond or comment. Constant asking won't speed the release up. Other than the licensing issue regarding some of the vegetation availability, that they have indicated, I'm not aware of other reasons for the delay.

Richard

Posted Image

#30 Legerejeff

Legerejeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:54 PM

Richard you are part of the problem not the solution. USMC>USAF

#31 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:53 AM

Ya, Ya, I know 'once a marine, always a marine. Have no idea how I'm part of the problem of CF not being released.

P.S. if you look again, you'll see I'm not USAF, but ratther a "PROUD USAF PARENT". Big difference.

Richard

Posted Image

#32 Legerejeff

Legerejeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:08 AM

You are part of the problem because you act as a pressure relies when pressure should be applied. Also the Proud U.S.A.F. Parent icon does make it pretty obvious you are a parent. Still does not change anything.

#33 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:23 AM

You are part of the problem because you act as a pressure relies when pressure should be applied. Also the Proud U.S.A.F. Parent icon does make it pretty obvious you are a parent. Still does not change anything.

Do you really think that attempting to apply pressure to the developers to get CF released will work? Sorry, I really doubt it. I remember the cries to have the game released. Then all a sudden, without warning, it gets released as JNPG. Now one sees posts that it was released prematurely. Seems to me, that the developers are in a lose - lose situation. Damned if they do, and damed if they don't.

I'm glad that you recognize my avatar as a USAF Parent's pin. You are obviously former military, others have not recognized it as such. All services are equal, in my mind, and deserve nothing but our deep respect and honor.

OohRah

k2xm60.jpg

Richard

Posted Image

#34 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:26 AM

Legerejeff, I hear what you're saying.  I think the CF release is long overdue.  I checked my email archives and found a message from PP when the Kickstarter campaign (to which I pledged) failed.  The message indicated that PP had learned some valuable lessons about their need to (1) do a better job advertising; and (2) keep people updated.  It also indicated that CF development was ahead of schedule.  In addition, PP was rewarding Kickstarter backers with (1) bi-weekly updates on PG progress; and (2) a chance to be selected to beta test CF.  I don't remember for sure, but I imagine I sent them my email address, as requested.  To the best of my knowledge, I didn't receive (1) and I wasn't selected for (2).  BTW, the date of the email was Feb. 4, 2013.  So, personally, I've been waiting 3 years and 4 months for CF.  Not that I'd design any great courses; but I'd sure like to play around with CF.  Like I said, CF release is long overdue, IMO.

#35 Carl Lapin

Carl Lapin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:09 AM

Building courses without a game and players to play on it give nothing so let's have the game running well and after maybe have a course forge!

Operating System: Windows 10 pro Version

Monitor: MSI Optix MAG321CQR Curved gaming monitor 1ms 144Hz  2560X1440
Memory: 64GB 4x16GB DDR4
Motherboard: MSI Z590 PRO
CPU Cooler: Cyberpower liquid cooler
Processor: Intel I7 11700k 3.2ghz

Powser Supply:800
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080
Gaming Case: Cyberpower PC

#36 Legerejeff

Legerejeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:23 AM

Again I just want an update. That's it, just an update. I really don't think I'm asking too much. Oh and I hate excuses.

#37 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:35 AM

Again I just want an update. That's it, just an update. I really don't think I'm asking too much. Oh and I hate excuses.

I'm sorry, that to me sounds like you want a 'firm' commitment or at least as close to one as possible. I really doubt that it will happen. I only base that opinion on that fact that such pleas in the past for either the game or CF have not worked. I understand your frustration, but I really don't understand why you persist based on the history of such requests. Of course, then again you could get lucky.

Based on your post, would you be satisfied if the developers provided a status with no specific release date, including an explanation of the delay, or would you consider the explanation an excuse. It's hard to tell based on your post.

Richard

Posted Image

#38 Legerejeff

Legerejeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:43 AM

Richard please.... If you don't persist you won't get results. If the community acts like they don't have a problem with being left in the dark, well the community will be left in the dark. You don't seem to think there is a problem with the lack of transparency. I do. I'm not going to let this go. I've done that for far to long. Im leading the charge. Im the tip of the spear. I want answers and the community wants answers. Soon does not fly anymore. .oohrah

#39 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:00 AM

Richard please.... If you don't persist you won't get results. If the community acts like they don't have a problem with being left in the dark, well the community will be left in the dark. You don't seem to think there is a problem with the lack of transparency. I do. I'm not going to let this go. I've done that for far to long. Im leading the charge. Im the tip of the spear. I want answers and the community wants answers. Soon does not fly anymore. .oohrah

I wish you good luck and respect your position. I just question its benefit, but to each their own. Over and out on this subject!!

Richard

Posted Image

#40 Legerejeff

Legerejeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:29 PM

Oh man.... I was hoping the today's interview would give more info... Still not much to go on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users