Photo

Season pass - paying to play user made courses ?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#401 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:17 AM

Very true Frank.... positive discussions are extremely important.

#402 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:39 AM

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry12691250

http://www.operation...drew-jones.html

Come on guys ..... go to work!! Sign up on these sites and make some marketing for the game. If we all want the game to be an economical success and want the player base to grow we have to support PP. They obviously don't have the time to do it by themselves.

Who is on board? And who knows other sites where we can make marketing for the game?

P.S.: By the way: In the forums at operationsports.com there is often asked which game has a good, realistic career mode. This is another chance for PP to be way better as their competitors. I the devs concentrate on a "Tour mode" where you can play as a professional with realistic scores and the implementation of FedexCup and World ranking points that would be a huge selling point to many golf gamers who like to play offline. 

#403 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:59 AM

in think there are even more ways, when its finished send the product to the montly golf mags adn some big golfing sites, and have them look at it.

imagine what a positive review there could do.  it should be more or less finished then.

since this is a game for golfers advertising should be done at true golfing sites\clubs, just my few cents worth opinion.

but i think the devs know a lot more than peeps happen to think here.

greetings..can i say , straight balls? in line with the saying tight lines, fishermen wish eah other? hehe we also need more joking here.it is a game after all.

#404 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:00 PM

Sigh... I hoped at least that David Mitchell's rant would have raised a smile and made you see the funny side. Oh well.

Made me chuckle :)

#405 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:45 PM

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry12691250

http://www.operation...drew-jones.html

Come on guys ..... go to work!! Sign up on these sites and make some marketing for the game. If we all want the game to be an economical success and want the player base to grow we have to support PP. They obviously don't have the time to do it by themselves.

Who is on board? And who knows other sites where we can make marketing for the game?

P.S.: By the way: In the forums at operationsports.com there is often asked which game has a good, realistic career mode. This is another chance for PP to be way better as their competitors. I the devs concentrate on a "Tour mode" where you can play as a professional with realistic scores and the implementation of FedexCup and World ranking points that would be a huge selling point to many golf gamers who like to play offline. 

Sorry Frank but it isn't up to me to market the game for PP . While I will if asked if I know of a good golf game I will mention PP to friends but in all good conscience I also have to point out some of what are the draw backs too in my opinion. Frankly the amount of stuff still lacking  in the game would make it a hard sell for me to "endorse" the game as it is right now. I know that PP has good potential and intentions  of adding more modes of play and courses and I also know they are a small team so having the game move along at a faster pace is certainly a challenge for them. Still if you want to look at the cold hard facts the pace of implementing new features is rather slow or a better way to put it is that it is a bit  slow in my opinion. 

As a consumer it isn't my doing on how big or small they are I only care about the results.  This may sound harsh but in all reality to others that are not avid golf gamers they look at what the game offers and at what cost and then judge it's value . Yes the price that I paid was certainly a bargain so I do take that into consideration as far as what it still needs. Yet it still is a bit frustrating with the speed some things do get added here whether it was a bargain or not, again this is only my opinion. 

Now on a positive note when they make changes and it isn't quite right the devs do jump on it very quick so that is a big plus. I know I will probably get some nasty comments for posting this but again this is how I feel and slagging me or saying I'm one of the "whiners" is not going to change my opinion. I truly wish nothing but the best for PP because if they fail then the options for PC golf gaming are very limited. I have always tried to be as positive and supportive of the game and PP  as I can, still there are things about the game that I can not just  simply over look or ignore and chalk it up to "it will eventually get added or changed".

I will continue to still be involved in the game as much as I can and will be cheering the dev team on in  meeting their goals. I hope one day soon that the game will have all the features that I am looking for and then I will be more then happy to "endorse" the game without any hesitations. Again this is only how I feel at the present time and those that feel it is necessary to cast stones at me, well there is nothing I can do about that so have it if it makes you feel better.                 

• RobV likes this

#406 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:11 AM

As one of the majority offline gamers that you have mentioned I couldn't agree more.  For me the essential ingredients are 1) realistic gameplay physics 2) goodlooking courses 3) an immersive career mode.  There are other desirables as well, of course, but those are the key ones. PG already ticks the boxes on the first two.  I hope they give priority to the third because I feel sure that the game's popularity will depend on it.  Never forget Frank70"s key point:  most golf gamers play offline.  Make it a great experience for the hardcore online players by all means, but neglect the more casual majority (who still want a realistic golf experience) at your peril.

• worrybirdie, RobV and Vernon520 like this

#407 stubar

stubar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:55 PM

Never forget Frank70"s key point:  most golf gamers play offline. 

Any data to back this up?

Anecdotal I know, but I'm a casual player any only have interest in online mode and no interest in any career mode.

#408 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:15 PM

Anecdotal I know, but I'm a casual player any only have interest in online mode and no interest in any career mode.

There was a poll last year on operationsports.com - one of the biggest sports gaming sites. Over 75 % voted that they mostly or only play offline. There is a reason that AAA games like MLB the Show or NBA 2K put a lot of ressources in franchise modes or career modes. Taking into account that the prototypical golf gamer is probably a tad older and isn't grown up with online gaming it's safe to say that there is at least a market to provide, if you have a good offline mode in the game.

#409 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:32 PM

EA Sports stated a few years ago that 90% of TW players were playing offline. This number will have been, and will continue to decrease as more people are equipped to play online but the golf sim players are statistically older than the average gamer and less into games in general, and so tend to have less 'online friendly' setups because they can't justify the expense for a single game.

• erwildcat likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#410 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:30 PM

This is a pretty adult crowd.  I actually like playing online here, whereas in TW on the Xbox. I hated it.  Too many kiddies and asshats.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#411 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:22 PM

I enjoy playing online here too.  I've yet to have an instance where I played with anyone even remotely annoying.  Heck - I haven't even played with anyone who wasn't anything but perfectly respectful and a good sport.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#412 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:24 PM

I think we are conflating things here as I would imagine that a large chunk of people that don't play online don't do it for many reasons that have nothing to do with the type of people or the environment etc.

#413 stubar

stubar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:00 PM

There was a poll last year on operationsports.com - one of the biggest sports gaming sites. Over 75 % voted that they mostly or only play offline. There is a reason that AAA games like MLB the Show or NBA 2K put a lot of ressources in franchise modes or career modes. Taking into account that the prototypical golf gamer is probably a tad older and isn't grown up with online gaming it's safe to say that there is at least a market to provide, if you have a good offline mode in the game.

OK, that's both useful and interesting.  Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users