Photo

Season pass - paying to play user made courses ?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#41 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:56 PM

I guess you only read half way down my post...

No, I was replying while you edited your first reply to me..  I saw the "new post news flash" thing popped up and then saw your addition to your reply to me.  

#42 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:02 AM

Of course designing courses is fun... but uh, not everyone has a knack for it nor are they ambitious enough...Some rather just play the game and in doing so, play NEW courses...   Heck, you know how long it took me to learn what little I know about Unity?   Took me a while.. mostly because when I get home from work, I don't have the free time to sit in front of my computer and go through every tutorial, book, video...  sure a little while ago, I learned what I learned simply because I had free time.   I personally want to try to build a course, but I chances are, its not going to be anything that great.. and even if I do, who knows when it will be done... so during that timeframe, I won't be able to contribute so I'm out?    

I don't know.. whatever.. its not life or death for me, so whatever happens, happens... 

You will be able to spend as long as you like having fun with CourseForge and you won't have to pay a penny - good deal? :)

• RobV likes this

#43 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:04 AM

Questions for our developers. 

1.  When this game goes live, gold or whatever and you already own the game ...... I will pay ($x.xx ) a month to play the game and enjoy tournaments, country clubs and etc.  Is this correct?

2. A new person decides to purchase the game @ a  cost of $XX.XX .... is a monthly fee of $x.xx also required in addition to the game purchase?  Or is a specific period of time granted free of the monthly subscription?

3. The CF created courses will be available (at the designers discretion) to be free to all, privately used or available at a fee.

I am only asking this to clarify what I understand from reading the posts.  Thank you!    

• Mulligan likes this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#44 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:06 AM

You will be able to spend as long as you like having fun with CourseForge and you won't have to pay a penny - good deal? :)

Hahaha  great deal!  

#45 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:10 AM

Questions for our developers. 

1.  When this game goes live, gold or whatever and you already own the game ...... you will pay 4.99 a month to play the game.  Is this correct?

2. A new person decides to purchase the game @ a  cost of XX.XX .... is a monthly fee of 4.99 also required in addition to the game purchase?  Or is a specific period of time granted free of the monthly subscription fee?

3. The CF created courses will be available (at the designers discretion) to be free to all, privately used or available at a fee.

I am only asking this to clarify what I understand from reading the posts.  Thank you!    

1 - No you will always have the game you paid for along with regular updates after release.

2 - As above new purchasers of the game don't have to get a season pass if they are not interested in it's features.

3 - CF courses will only be playable in PerfectGolf for season pass holders.

#46 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:21 AM

1 - No you will always have the game you paid for along with regular updates after release.

2 - As above new purchasers of the game don't have to get a season pass if they are not interested in it's features.

So a monthly fee will be required to play PG with any Downloadable content (DLC) (extra content) offered beyond the basic game. Think I got it.  I'm trying to pin you down.  LOL!

I see this as a good , gooder, goodest deal around.  Got that from my grandson.  LOL

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#47 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:31 AM

Have to agree with Mike, there is no competition, PG is better than
anything out there and it's still in EA. A small pittance for access
to EA gameplay, which rolls over to getting the final release plus
CourseForge is unheard of in this day and age. For the continued
privilege to use and play CF and PG the Devs are more than fair, and
will continue to be for years to come. They will help with any aspect
of their game and software even if it means personal attention, you
won't find that kind of dedication in many places online, if anywhere.

Cheers PG

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#48 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:34 AM

So a monthly fee will be required to play PG with any Downloadable content (DLC) (extra content) offered beyond the basic game. Think I got it.  I'm trying to pin you down.  LOL!

I see this as a good , gooder, goodest deal around.  Got that from my grandson.  LOL

Almost! if you purchase any licensed courses you will be able to play these forever no matter if you have a season pass or not.

#49 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:44 AM

Mike, I fully understand the need for ongoing revenue and think that the season pass approach has a lot of merit. However, I would like to see an option where one could buy a season pass a year at a time. For instance, instead of a monthly fee of $4.99. One could pay for the full year up front and get a 1 month free or something similar. Just a suggestion.

Also, I fully agree that people that contribute should be rewarded. Unfortunately currently, the only method that I know of to contribute, is through course design. Well, I'm not a course designer and really don't have an interest in that area. However, in Links 2003 I did a number of golfer clothing designs, really enjoyed it, and would like to have the ability to contribute via that method. At what point, if any, will PP introduce the ability for us to modify the ANI?

• Ron Piskorik likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#50 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:00 AM

Rich,

It's a good suggestion. iRacing do it. Yes, I know iRacing is expensive (well to some folks anyway) but you subscribe to basically get access to their 24/7 online racing servers as the actual sim is free to download but can only be played online. In addition to the basic core content, you purchase extra cars an tracks as required, once purchased they are locked in your account. So even if your subscription lapses, if you come back and re-sub 6 months later, all your purchased content is still in your account.

They offer subs of 1mth, 3mths, 1yr and 2yrs. With each longer subscription period you buy, you are making a small saving compared to buying month on month. So if you buy a 1yr subscription, you are basically getting 12 months for the price of 8. Also, they often have promotions for discounted subscriptions, especially for newcomers and also offer up Black Friday discounts.

#51 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:18 AM

Mike, I fully understand the need for ongoing revenue and think that the season pass approach has a lot of merit. However, I would like to see an option where one could buy a season pass a year at a time. For instance, instead of a monthly fee of $4.99. One could pay for the full year up front and get a 1 month free or something similar. Just a suggestion.

We will be doing discounted deals for sure. 

• KenR, Richard, Ron Piskorik and 1 other like this

#52 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:24 AM

We will be doing discounted deals for sure. 

Thank you for that.

Any word about being able to contribute other than by being a course designer????

Richard

Posted Image

#53 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:24 AM

Ideas for ways for non-designers to contribute...

-Have a sudden and unexplained epiphany about how to create pot bunkers in Course Forge

-Moderate all personal disputes on the various message boards.

-Be the designated person to engage and respond to all threads regarding spin, roll out on the greens, and club distances.

...I think I'll just pay the subscription fee :D

• JoeF and Kablammo11 like this

#54 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:26 AM

-Have a sudden and unexplained epiphany about how to create pot bunkers in Course Forge

-Moderate all personal disputes on the various message boards.

-Be the designated person to engage and respond to all threads regarding spin, roll out on the greens, and club distances.

...I think I'll just pay the subscription fee :D

I'll chalk this off to your humor.!!!

Richard

Posted Image

#55 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:27 AM

Hehe.  I wouldn't wish those hellish things on anyone  ;)

#56 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:29 AM

Hehe.  I wouldn't wish those hellish things on anyone  ;)

Unfortunately you did :P

Richard

Posted Image

#57 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:32 AM

Perhaps this would be a better deal: 

-Have a sudden and unexplained epiphany about how to create pot bunkers in Course Forge*

-Moderate all personal disputes on the various message boards.*

-Be the designated person to engage and respond to all threads regarding spin, roll out on the greens, and club distances.*

*Earns lifetime membership and the respect and pity from all who play Perfect Golf

#58 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:37 AM

Perhaps this would be a better deal: 

-Have a sudden and unexplained epiphany about how to create pot bunkers in Course Forge*

-Moderate all personal disputes on the various message boards.*

-Be the designated person to engage and respond to all threads regarding spin, roll out on the greens, and club distances.*

*Earns lifetime membership and the respect and pity from all who play Perfect Golf

Let me know when you have a serious response.

Richard

Posted Image

#59 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:39 AM

So, just to be sure I'm fully understanding this, I will not be able to play test my unfinished course creations in CF unless I have a season pass?

-MERACE

#60 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:46 AM

Is there going to be a central course download area where user created courses will be available ? If so where will that be? Steam, PG ?

Will each course have to reside on ones hard drive rather than being accessed online ?

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users