#1421 Trath

Trath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:13 PM

I hope you get assistance, really looking forward to more of your courses and colourful commentary along the way!

Asus ROG Maximus Gene - i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz - Radeon R9 FURY - 16 gigs ram - Antec 750W Gold PSU - Samsung EVO 840 250 gig SSD - LG 29UM67 Monitor - Logitech G502 mouse

#1422 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:17 PM

Define "swanky" - An updated Willow Heath with new high res textures and a few changes will be out soon. The Black Swan will not be touched until we get pot bunkers. And Pommeroy is ready for release, I have given permission, I presume it isn't out yet for strategic reasons - would be a bit awkward if I shot a hat-trick before any of the other designers gets to score with one of his works.

Karen is not progressing and her bushes have not seen me in 10 days, during which I did not forge and courses. I need a new, de-glitched and Mac-literate CF to press on with my work. Until then, I'm on a design hiatus and have nothing to show or tell. Many others do, however.

Thanks for updating Willow Heath and the other stuff too. 

• Rush2112 likes this

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#1423 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

Presenting (again), from left to right: Gorse - Heather - Tara - Tudor

RcenCae.jpg

All self-made in-house by Blammocorp!

Future Forgers of Courses, brace yourselves for some DIY if you need specific items for your projects.

• garynorman, RobC and NoPutt like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#1424 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:23 PM

May change the name to City Slickers Golf Club

The Hand Points the Way

WAK4OiW.jpg

• TheBigYin519 likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#1425 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 01:46 PM

Now that's something you don't see every day...

thumbs-up.jpg

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#1426 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:28 PM

Thanks K11, hope I don't get carried away.

6Iz5U8O.jpg

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#1427 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:30 AM

Au contraire: DO get carried away. A lot!

Then sleep over it, come back with a fresh mind and sober spirit, and undo everything that is over the top.

But to perform this most precious of all creative processes: reduction - you first need to get properly carried away.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#1428 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:49 PM

I agree K11, The mesa formations and the mountains Suck. 

I like the idea, but I'll come up with a better way to get the

desired result. Thanks for your subtle yet effective prodding.

#1429 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

public thread vs. private message: They sure aren't the same.

My wording was, I believe, that they "don't work" in their current implementation. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#1430 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:54 PM

Sorry K11, didn't mean to imply otherwise.

I used to have a black light poster in the early

seventies that read...

I know you believe you understand

what you think I said, but I'm not

sure you realize that what you

heard was not what I meant.

#1431 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:16 AM

Fresh mind,sober spirit, new day.

Think I'm getting closer?

n0NFa9t.jpg

#1432 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:22 PM

You're definitely headed the right way.

Mesa.jpg

The typical pile of rubble around the base could be done with the regular unity terrain. Since I must shoulder some blame for sending you into overtime, allow me to donate this to the cause:

Sj3iGL0.jpg

It's tile-able and should help with the layered cake effect on your models. Colours might need a bit of tuning. Feel absolutely free to NOT use it if your creative pride should not allow it - also, I have no idea if it would look good, so it still might be a swing and a miss.

• TheBigYin519 likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#1433 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:30 PM

Thanks K11, Hadn't noticed the rubble before, adding

that in should take away some of the square block look..

I'll adjust and give your texture a go, should work well, I hope.

#1434 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:00 PM

N,

There are a few more 'free' wild west style buildings here:-

http://www.turbosqui...e=0&min_price=0

Saloon, Hotel, Undertakers, Blacksmith, General Store and all in .obj or .fbx file types.

#1435 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:47 PM

Thx Daz, I'll have a look, but I like trying to build my own.

Gotta be careful with some stuff, they don't care how high

the poly count goes.

#1436 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:30 PM

Hey straight shooter

going for a wild west look hey

see ya down the saloon for whiskey partner

#1437 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:43 PM

Hey straight shooter

going for a wild west look hey

see ya down the saloon for whiskey partner

Darn tootin', I'll cut you off at the pass,if I don't get waylaid.

#1438 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:52 AM

Will the golf buggies be of the horse and wagon variety?

#1439 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:41 AM

Modern amenities, with a wild west feel. 

Turn your boots upside down at night,
watch your step, watch where you squat.

#1440 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

Go to 2:30 for the effect of NoPutts squatting..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users