• PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:02 PM

After seeing your pic of Mesa Roja I decided

to change all my rock color.

7jxh4Jj.jpg

• IanD and catflap like this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#1462 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:30 AM

Ok here is my new redrawn River Run C.C. so far. I am still skirting those edges...Might have to re do a couple holes again lol.  Those are basic rough area's where holes may be. I used something I made that was 375m to get a rough idea of distances.

23ivwac.jpg

• IanD likes this

Corsair 750D case / Windows 10 64 bit / Intel i7 4790k w/HT Devil's Canyon  4.0 ghz ( over clock to 4.8 ghz. 4.4 cache )

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Board Z97X / 8 GB HyperX Savage 1866 DDR3 / Asus 460 GTX 1GB  ( 4GB total with 3GB shared )

240 Gig HyperX Savage SSD / 750 watt Antec PSU / 1 TB WD HHD  / Water cooled with Phobya LT 400 kit

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-4292-0-08760700-1443733851_thumb.jp
  •  

#1463 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:15 PM

Good first steps, there. The journey will be long, but you are well on your way.

And now for something completely John Cleese:

GbqaPc3.jpg

Slowly inching my way forward with the Unity Tree editor. I'm slowly gathering a cast of vegetal protagonists. I'm still not convinced about the nondescript volume bush and the grass cluster, they will most likely have to suffer major do-overs. But all in all, I'm slowly getting there.

WmcxQd9.jpg

Of course, all this vegetal non-splendor is looking a bit hap-hazard. It has all been concocted by me in the Unity tree editor - meaning that these are rather weird trees (or bushes and shrubs), but they also are MY trees. 

sDaGEEg.jpg

And they might also bit a little bit your trees if you ever came too close too them as they populate little rough islands in the middle of the fairway. Caution: All these non-beauts have colliders, so they will knock down your golf ball if you think that it's okay to try something funny whenever they are in your path.

rcf6Ong.jpg

Not the entire course will be covered with these trees (technically, they ARE Unity trees). 90 percent of the surface will be muddy grassland, with the trees appearing in tiny, localised clusters - looking grand in all the wrong places. Pull your drive here, for instance, on the drivable par 4 8th, and you will end up in a deep pit of doom lurking to gobble up your projectile and inflict very serious wounds on your scorecard.

• Dazmaniac, garynorman, RobC and 1 other like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#1464 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:45 PM

Nice!  how do you get that game view where you can be in the scene?

Corsair 750D case / Windows 10 64 bit / Intel i7 4790k w/HT Devil's Canyon  4.0 ghz ( over clock to 4.8 ghz. 4.4 cache )

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Board Z97X / 8 GB HyperX Savage 1866 DDR3 / Asus 460 GTX 1GB  ( 4GB total with 3GB shared )

240 Gig HyperX Savage SSD / 750 watt Antec PSU / 1 TB WD HHD  / Water cooled with Phobya LT 400 kit

Attached Thumbnails
  •  

#1465 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:17 PM

I don't quite understand your question. Perhaps you are referring to Tara King, my lovely yet slightly confused assistant recovering from her traumatic Steed-incident and sudden time-travel to our day and age. She's a good girl.

It's a human-shaped cutout that I loaded as a grass billboard at 1.85 m size - I usually plant it all across the course in the early stages of a project to help me with spacial proportions, to have a human-size reference and to know where a golfers eye-level would be situated at.

K7nWPwr.png

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#1466 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:09 PM

Being able to stand on the ground on view the course......I can only view from the unity creation view.

I don't know if I am supposed to load another asset? or if its in one of the menu's...

But editing  from the top view only is not going to work when finishing  up a course.

Attached Thumbnails
  •  

#1467 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:11 PM

In the main design window you should be able to navigate around within Unity and get views similar to what K11 is showing. Once you have the correct perspective applied you can move around with the arrow keys and mouse to get to your desired spot on the course.

#1468 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:37 PM

In the main design window you should be able to navigate around within Unity and get views similar to what K11 is showing. Once you have the correct perspective applied you can move around with the arrow keys and mouse to get to your desired spot on the course.

I dont think so....I have tried and getting that close with the view cam doesnt give the textures or allow moving around through the course.  Basically there has to be a way to get it into a game view of some kind where you are actually there.

Attached Thumbnails
  •  

#1469 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:01 PM

Try clicking the PLAY button, top centre of the Unity screen. This normally puts you in GAME mode and lets you navigate around the environment, again using mouse to steer and arrow keys for back, forward , left and right.

Click the PLAY button again to return back to design/edit mode.

#1470 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:09 PM

I don't quite understand your question. Perhaps you are referring to Tara King, my lovely yet slightly confused assistant recovering from her traumatic Steed-incident and sudden time-travel to our day and age. She's a good girl.
It's a human-shaped cutout that I loaded as a grass billboard at 1.85 m size - I usually plant it all across the course in the early stages of a project to help me with spacial proportions, to have a human-size reference and to know where a golfers eye-level would be situated at.

K7nWPwr.png

Looks awesome, do u design when on the meds or no?...I know u are very creative and as u and I know, the Sativa high is a creative, get goin high....just curious because several studies have shown increased focus and attention to detail In everything you do. Also, for us severe pain suffing ailments it is way better than a pill being filtered through the kindney or liver...my stomach cant take pills anyway..feels like a knife going in after about 15 min to take affect...Tramadol and med ical is the the only thing i can combine.... Because the MM medicine on its own does not cut the pain enough, i have to have the tramadol 3 x a day ......both combined help immensely though.

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#1471 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:14 AM

I'm not on any meds. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#1472 Trath

Trath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:18 AM

K11 I see that you are finalising Willow Heath and Black Swan, does this mean your MAC issue are resolved and you can now make pot bunkers in CF?

Really looking forward to the finished products.

Asus ROG Maximus Gene - i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz - Radeon R9 FURY - 16 gigs ram - Antec 750W Gold PSU - Samsung EVO 840 250 gig SSD - LG 29UM67 Monitor - Logitech G502 mouse

#1473 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:35 AM

It means I will get to do that once the latest update of CF is out. And it isn't yet out.

A little bird told me that there might be a half-decent chance of a pot bunker functionality as well with that update, but the little birds around here always are very vague in their statements and their cute little sounds are likely to be misheard as melodies they did not twitter at all.... They come fluttering in quickly and are long gone again before you even register which tune they just chirruped. 

Rest assured that the advent of pot bunkers would immediately be visualised in here - NDA permitting, of course, and assuming there is no bug or glitch or Mac-astrophy involved with them.

• RobC likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#1474 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

K11

Sorry for the following ignorant question but why is it not possible to do pot bunkers currently? Is there an issue with the terrain tools or does it just look wrong?

I am just about to start trying my hand with Unity and links courses are my thang so although I have teased you a bit in jest with this, I wonder what the actual issue is currently as I have a few layouts drawn on my trusty A4 pad that I would like to attempt to move cyberwise and all/most will depend on a true pot bunker

You are one of the most competent users of the Cf/Unity tools who is happy sharing your knowledge of the tools/software and I ask in all good faith.

I am NOT yanking anyones chain here before anyone else chips in

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#1475 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:35 PM

Plain and simple.

Can't do pot bunkers as option to create them in CF is not currently available.

You can make wannabee pot bunkers but they don't look right.

#1476 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:36 PM

Plain and simple.

Can't do pot bunkers as option to create them in CF is not currently available.

You can make wannabee pot bunkers but they don't look right.

Cheers for that...  Point taken :rolleyes:

#1477 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:37 PM

mcthommo, my dear chap, what a truly ignorant question! Daz' answer is spot on. Gary knows what we are talking about, he is the latest to come close, almost get it to work, yet not quite getting it right. (Not for lack of trying, but because it can't be done properly).

Here's the longer version.

Well, it's possible to do an approximations of pot bunkers. Let's call them quasi- and pseudo pot bunkers... Gary just tried it in his latest Wells Hollows images, it's a great effort and about as good as it can get. Others including me have tried, in the past, but none have come really close to the real deal. I boils down to digging a deep pit or funnel into the ground and then place a horizontal sand trap at the bottom. Looks a little bit like a pot bunker, granted, but the steep, solid walls of peat or dirt surrounding the sand, these can't be properly created right now.

Trumpbunker.jpg

...something like in this image, I'm afraid that we can't do in CF. Yet. This would require a vertical extrusion and a different kind of UV mapping (i.e. projection method of a texture onto a mesh surface), so that the peat layer correctly follows the line of the perpendicular border.

A little bird called Mike swore to me the holiest of oaths that he himself sorely missed this effect for his own designs and that if only "the others" would at last give him some development time he would see to it that full pottiness would be achieved asap.

I do not doubt his word. Nor his extraordinary capabilities. So I wait. Patiently. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#1478 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:42 PM

Would it be possible to create the walls of a pot bunker as a 3d object with an open base to allow the sand texture to register?

The sod wall could then be mapped correctly onto the object (similar to how TGC does retaining walls).

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#1479 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:55 PM

In theory, yes. But that would require a bit of sleight-of-hand with the sand mesh below. Not impossible, it could be done, but it would be very complicated.

Also, if you had, say, 30 pot bunkers and wanted them to all look different and have different sizes, and also fit into different slopes on the terrain, you would have to construct 30 different mesh objects first. It makes more sense to have this process automated and integrated into CF, imo.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#1480 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

I'm not a coder, but how difficult would it be to create a mesh between two splines?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)