Photo

To all designers: Would you "share the duty" of making the courses of all tour stops of the PGA Tour?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:28 AM

I know this can only be a polite question. But with the release of the full game and online tourneys on the horizon (OGT is already running) it would be great to play the tour stops on the real courses.

Would it be possible that every one of you could make maybe one of these tour stops? That would enhance the immersion that much!

#2 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:42 AM

Been there done that for TW 08 probably not again

#3 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:53 AM

I regret that I have to politely decline - I suffer from an total lack of enthusiasm when it comes to real-life courses. Creation is fun - re-creation is just a chore. Fictional only.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#4 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:55 AM

PP have already done the majority of them for their TV broadcast deal with Sky Sports. For them to be played in the game they would need to be licensed and have the OK from the club itself for the course to be used unless I guess they were released like Florida Glades, Massachusetts, Illinois.

#5 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:04 PM

I understand every designer who does not want to do it. I just thought that maybe some are out there who play in tourneys as well and would like to play on the real courses.

If PP has them “in stock“ and it would only be a question of a fantasy name: i couldn't care less how they are named as long as we can play tourneys on them.
  • Ron Piskorik likes this

#6 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:08 PM

I know there is a lot of guys who like and are excellent at real course recreations. I tried it on my home course but  couldn't get pass the 1st hole. It felt more like work than a hobby so for me personally, I'm in the fictional camp. ;)

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#7 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:25 PM

I like the freedom of fictional design at this time.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#8 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

Well, It's got to be fun to do.  Then, you've gotta have enough information to do the course.  Lidar data isn't available for all of them. It has to be fun.  I'm currently working on Castle Pines, it's a favorite of mine, so it's still fun.  Most of the time :)  I like the ball flight at 6,200 feet... LOL

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#9 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:41 PM

Nobody would have fun to give us a great rendition of say ..... Pebble Beach ... :-). I am getting giddy. :-). Everything you do is ok guys!!

#10 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:56 PM

Nobody would have fun to give us a great rendition of say ..... Pebble Beach ... :-). I am getting giddy. :-). Everything you do is ok guys!!

Here's a pic from one of the older Perfect Parallel galleries/preview videos...........

PC-Gaming-golf.jpg

#11 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:59 PM

Yeah. But are they allowed or will they release all of the courses they have already built in the game?

#12 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:38 PM

Yeah. But are they allowed or will they release all of the courses they have already built in the game?

Already given my answer in post #4.

Andrew has stated in the past for real courses with all the trimmings to be in the game they need the licensing OK (like they have with Bethesda) otherwise I guess they go the Florida Glades route, where the course is more or less a recreation with a fictional name but won't have all the official on course extras and clubhouse replica.

#13 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:46 PM

Thanks Daz. So leave the clubhouse out and put the courses in! :-)

All tour stops with real courses (who cares about the name in the game - i am good with Florida Glades!)? Now we are talking about the value of the season pass!! When these courses are in ....

#14 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

Thanks Daz. So leave the clubhouse out and put the courses in! :-)

All tour stops with real courses (who cares about the name in the game - i am good with Florida Glades!)? Now we are talking about the value of the season pass!! When these courses are in ....

I'm only taking a best stab regards the details, as if you look at the clubhouse at Florida Glades it isn't a replica of the actual clubhouse at the course. I guess if we were to have a licensed version, we would have the full monty building and all the trimmings.

#15 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:55 PM

Are you talking about LIDAR type tracks or just a rough guestimate of a build? I have no idea regarding lidar and working the terrain is still very much a learning process for me right now, i'm a million miles away from a RL course.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#16 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:56 PM

So are these courses ready to play and probably in the game some time in the future? If a dev could also chime in and give a statement? That would be huge and a very attractive element for online tourneys and for offline gamers as well. A big reason to get a season pass.

#17 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:05 PM

If you have LIDAR data, creating a RL course basically boils down to drawing the shapes over the bing map's terrain image.  All the RL slopes will be in the Unity terrain at that point.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#18 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:32 PM

So are these courses ready to play and probably in the game some time in the future? If a dev could also chime in and give a statement? That would be huge and a very attractive element for online tourneys and for offline gamers as well. A big reason to get a season pass.

F,

Yes, a Dev will have to reply to that, as only they know where they stand with regards to making all the courses available for playing.

I have seen plenty on Sky Sports, used for the hole fly-by's in the TV studio during tournaments or often on the mobile 'Sky Cart' that they use, but I have no idea if they have all the tees, pins, hazard stakes, out of bounds etc. applied that are needed for playing, or if they are just built up to TV visualization standards. Here's an example of what I mean:-

#19 DriverDivots

DriverDivots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:00 PM

Frank, I love where your head is at with the recreations.  With me being one of the few that will be using this as a true golf simulator in the garage, I will definitely be giving it a go at some recreations.   Most likely I will start with some local home course recreations, and then advance on to some courses played on tour.  I would love nothing more than to play real courses on my simulator!  I guess I don't understand why so many here are opposed to working on recreations, but I will love to take on the challenge.  I guess recreations are more for people that like to pay attention to detail and get everything as close to the real deal as possible.  I can see the fun in fictional courses as well, never having to worry if something is right or not since it's all made up in the first place!  To each their own..   Plus I'm sure once course forge is public, there will be many more course creators than the handful that have it now, and more will probably be open to doing recreations.  Either way I'm looking forward to all that PG has to offer in the future!

#20 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

Frank, I love where your head is at with the recreations.  With me being one of the few that will be using this as a true golf simulator in the garage, I will definitely be giving it a go at some recreations.   Most likely I will start with some local home course recreations, and then advance on to some courses played on tour.  I would love nothing more than to play real courses on my simulator!  I guess I don't understand why so many here are opposed to working on recreations, but I will love to take on the challenge.  I guess recreations are more for people that like to pay attention to detail and get everything as close to the real deal as possible.  I can see the fun in fictional courses as well, never having to worry if something is right or not since it's all made up in the first place!  To each their own..   Plus I'm sure once course forge is public, there will be many more course creators than the handful that have it now, and more will probably be open to doing recreations.  Either way I'm looking forward to all that PG has to offer in the future!

That's good news. Again, all i can do is ask politely. And so far it isn't quite clear what happens with the renditions PP have already made for Sky Sports.

I just have no time left in my life to go into course design. Job, two little kids etc. So i'm thankful for every course which is created by the wonderful course design community. Almost everything i have seen so far (previews) looked really nice.

• remers likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users