60 replies to this topic

#41 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:09 PM

@Dogz - Interesting update....thx for sharing.   Should be interesting to watch.

Without disclosing anything you aren't allowed to....do they have any plans to do a mass purge of auto-gen junk courses ever?

#42 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:25 PM

ADX won't be happy! The game is perfect as far as he's concerned.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#43 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:26 PM

ADX won't be happy! The game is perfect as far as he's concerned.

LMAO - Except if you look at his posts around their forum that are *not* about PG...he actually has plenty of complaints about TGC.  haha

#44 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:33 PM

LMAO - Except if you look at his posts around their forum that are *not* about PG...he actually has plenty of complaints about TGC.  haha

Very hard to believe Buck! ;-)
WWG1WGA

#45 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:49 PM

I don't know what it is with ADX, he hates PG so much yet its hands down more realistic than TGC, we all know that! yet here we have a guy that claims to have played all the great courses in america, plays off or near scratch and lives next door to pete dye apparently! you would think a game like PG would be right up his alley...something does not add up with him, i just cannot believe a word he types, but he is entitled to his opinion be it right or wrong, like the rest of us.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#46 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

....something does not add up with him, i just cannot believe a word he types.

Well said

#47 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:55 PM

And... OFF I go to see what I've been missing on the TGC forums.  I'm not posting a damn thing though.  I get in enough trouble posting here and I LOVE this game!

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#48 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:04 PM

And... OFF I go to see what I've been missing on the TGC forums.  I'm not posting a damn thing though.  I get in enough trouble posting here and I LOVE this game!

lol

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#49 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:05 AM

I think that the manner in which you posted your opinions of both golf games on the TGC forum shows why you did not get bashed for it.

I wish more people would do the same without need defend or bash either golf game.

-MERACE
  • mebby likes this

#50 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:30 PM

Ok ....another question for the ones familiar with the GNCD : Once you have a course ready for TGC ...can you somehow load that project up in Unity  ?

.... and once avbl, transform the course to a PG course in Course Forge ,,, 

#51 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:41 PM

O,

I think the simple answers are No to both.

But maybe with the right software tools at your disposal in addition to Unity, to do the lifting and moving, then they both could be Yes.

#52 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:42 PM

olazaboll, 

I highly doubt it.  Although the GNCD uses Unity as it's engine I believe that the course files are proprietary for use in TGC only.

-MERACE

#53 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:45 PM

Thx Daz

So with that said ...basicly the course that are made both for TGC and then PG have been worked out from scratch for PG then ..?

#54 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:02 PM

Ok ....another question for the ones familiar with the GNCD : Once you have a course ready for TGC ...can you somehow load that project up in Unity  ?

.... and once avbl, transform the course to a PG course in Course Forge ,,, 

I wish you could!!!

I enjoyed GNCD for sculpting terrain.... Unity is horrible by comparison, at least for me. If I could design on GNCD and import the results I would be doing most of my early work in TGC!

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#55 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

Thx Daz

So with that said ...basicly the course that are made both for TGC and then PG have been worked out from scratch for PG then ..?

Yes, any TGC course that is then done in PG is done from scratch, albeit they would have the TGC course as a point of reference.

#56 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

Ok ... I should maybe ask this over at TGC ...but I dont feel like creating an account ftm just, bcs I have one question:

In GNCD, Does any one know : After you publish a course , how do you make an update of the course ?... f.e ... if you publish a 9 hole course, how do you/can you go on an work it up to a 18 holer using the same file as template ? 

#57 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:46 PM

Ok ... I should maybe ask this over at TGC ...but I dont feel like creating an account ftm just, bcs I have one question:
In GNCD, Does any one know : After you publish a course , how do you make an update of the course ?... f.e ... if you publish a 9 hole course, how do you/can you go on an work it up to a 18 holer using the same file as template ?

I've not played the game or used the GNCD in a long while but, if I remember correctly you had to release a separate version for an update.
WWG1WGA

#58 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:59 PM

You just change the filter to published... load in your course into the editor, and then save it under another name. When it's finished you publish again in the usual way.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#59 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:04 PM

Ok ... Thanks 

#60 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:32 PM

Question: Can I play online with my friend, who plays TGC on X-box ONE , and I play on a PC ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users