26 replies to this topic

#21 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

Regards the galleries, what would folks be expecting from PP?

Billboard spectators who were static or full 3D with reactions?

What does TGC have in the way of galleries as a comparison, as we know Rory has the full on tournament trimmings.

I personally wouldn't want crowds, but soundscripts from the golfer or other golfer's point of view would be great... or a caddy would be cool too.    IF there were to be crowds, then definitely 3D... I dont have the game, but from the videos I watched, the crowds in Rory are amazing.    TGC doesn't have galleries.. don't think it was ever term'd a "tournament" type atmosphere with crowds, etc.   

#22 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

3D galleries would/could be a burden on the fps no? For low a/o medium end users could this be more aggravation then fun? Maybe an option to have 'm static or 3D? Or, like in Links, an option for no, few and big galleries?..  

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#23 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

This is an older video of Tiger Woods 2008. I did not add objects to this round but did allow some gallery sounds - cheers and applause. Also turned up the ambient sounds to hear the wind.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#24 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:50 PM

Personally I never cared for the animations in TW  for a bird or an eagle or a bog. I turned all that off. I did have the commentators and ambient sounds on though. The funny thing is after how many rounds I have played on the game every now and then McCord or David will come out with a new gem that I never heard before. I mean I must have at least  played over 5000 rounds on the game as I played 2- 4 round tournaments a week for at least 7 years plus the career mode completed  and qute often had a few causal rounds with buddies in between those . To hear a different comment after all that time just makes me laugh.  

#25 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:59 AM

Personally I never cared for the animations in TW...

I agree on the player animations, but it was nice to  have so many options in that game.   Eventually I removed all the ambient sounds from the game except ball impact sounds, the wind and the waves on the oceans. I also disabled all golfer pre and post shot animations.  I liked to see the swing, here the swoosh, smack and watch ball in follow mode.

As for this video, I made it to show the animations of the golfer per a request of a player who had never seen the game played before. Same is true of Links. But most of my new videos will be of PG, especially when I play a hole like #17 on Schwartz. That's going to be a nice video when I get around to it.

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#26 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:52 AM

I did not like the animations antics of TW 2008. The animations themselves were great.  I enjoyed building my personal character to.  I exercised my inner kid doing that.  One week I was over 7 feet tall the next week I'd be the size of a little person.  Just kept my friends entertained guessing how I'd look each week.   Was a fun thing to do.

Now on to the ambient noises that imo added the sought after atmosphere missing in Perfect Golf.  The ball impact with the club, wind, leaves rustling and crowd noise was well done and added a nice element of realism to the game in TW.  I am sure Perfect Golf will eventually have even better sounds once they develop and incorporate them into the game. 

The Dev's have a full plate, right now, and expect they have a plan for sounds for this great game.  So I look forward to improvements yet to come. Thank you! 

- - - - - - - - - -

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#27 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:21 PM

sounds / crowds /annalizes are something that sud be available to those that want em ---play scripts also if you want em --like in links only the player who has em will here em ---- :)

• sirputterman and Crusher like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users