89 replies to this topic

#1 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:51 AM

any chance that Augusta National is being developed?

#2 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:07 AM

I don't know what the fascination is for this course, I can count 25 of others I would love to see created over Augusta... 

• Perculator, Crusher and IanK like this

#3 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:31 AM

I don't know if I'd get to 25  :)  I'm not sure it would be my no.1 (TPC at the Woodlands was an excellent course, at least in Links), but it would be up there.  It has some nice shape about it, some water; nature and immaculate presentation take care of the rest.

I sometimes wonder how the old 'Tiger-proofed' course would hold up.  For anyone interested, here's a comparison - http://historyshots....ugusta-national

#4 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:31 AM

There are much better courses but the fact is there is only one Augusta. It's The Masters and even tho there are many more beautiful courses it's just the feel you get playing it that makes it special. Would love to see this course come to PG and no it doesn't have the scenic best of Pebble or Spyglass Hill but to take our virtual clubs there and to be at number 12 on the final round of the PG Masters is something I surely look forward to someday.
  • cajuncapgun, Parboy, gravedodger and 1 other like this

#5 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:45 AM

I've seen the developers playing it on PG a number of times.  Hope it will will be released some day (with a name like Magnolia CC to protect the innocent  ;) ).

#6 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:53 AM

I don't know what the fascination is for this course, I can count 25 of others I would love to see created over Augusta...

I kinda agree and kinda don't. The course is special to me as I've been there multiple times and it's just an amazing and special place. One of those experiences that you'll never convey to those who haven't been there.

However, from a gameplay perspective purely... It's only a moderately special course.

But many people (me included) can't quite detach emotionally from what this course represents. It's just cool knowing you're playing the virtual equivalent that so many great have played. It's clearly a storied venue!
  • Parboy and mistajam like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#7 TimBoch

TimBoch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationFarmington, MN

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:19 AM

Courses like Augusta and Muirfield Village show an immaculate beauty of a what can be created on a specific piece of property. I have always liked the clean appearance of these types of courses.  I know many think courses that have no underplanting around trees and hazards doesn't look natural, but at the same time, as a golfer, I love green grass and rolling hills. Then all the color of plants perfectly placed, just seems like how I would imagine heaven to be. 

So I guess I really would like to see both courses I have mentioned ;)

In fact, here is my back yard which I patterned after Amen Corner.

alCR9s8.jpg

Welcome to Everest Corner ;)

• cajuncapgun, highfade, Crow357 and 6 others like this
Course Forge Courses in various stages of design: Dwan Golf Club, Hyland Greens, Faribault CC, Desert Valley CC/ Woodland Trail(fictional), Infamous Golf Course (fantasy)
Links 2003 Designs: Dwan Golf Club, Infamous Golf Course, Hazeltine National Golf Club (assistant designer), Woodland Trail/Desert Valley CC , Faribault CC (beta), Hyland Greens (beta), Double Eagle (beta), King's Walk (beta), Interlachen CC (still in planning)
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • 16GB DDR3L RAM
  • 750GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

#8 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:54 AM

Oddly enough I have some fond memories of Muirfield even though I've never set foot there.  Just watching some fantastic tournaments played there and being one of Jack's... says enough for me.

I think the top courses I'd personally love to see in PG are:

1. Augusta
  2. Muirfield
  3. Quail Hollow (know this course like the back of my hand)

• devon1 likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#9 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:56 AM

All real venues would be a great addition - at least for the guys that are playing in an online tour (or later in a career mode).

Imagine: Playing the real venue under the same wheather and course conditions on the same weekend!!

P.S.: Maybe we have to "Justin" or "SJude" proof them first  ;)

• Ansley and devon1 like this

#10 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:27 PM

I don't know if I'd get to 25  :)  I'm not sure it would be my no.1 (TPC at the Woodlands was an excellent course, at least in Links), but it would be up there.  It has some nice shape about it, some water; nature and immaculate presentation take care of the rest.

I sometimes wonder how the old 'Tiger-proofed' course would hold up.  For anyone interested, here's a comparison - http://historyshots....ugusta-national

Getting to 25 is easy... and of course, these are all personal choices.   I am not just talking about courses that the pros play on, but courses that I personally have played as well.   Let's also not forget the "unknowns" in Europe, where I am sure our friends across the pond can pull out names in an instant.   Yes, I have been to Augusta to watch an event and definitely thought it was nice.. I suppose many feel that it is majestic, has a rich history and all that, but I thought it looked a little "too perfect" in a sense...  almost like it was created using virtual software and bringing it to life... wait, what?  :o

• jt83 likes this

#11 DriverDivots

DriverDivots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

I would love to be able to play Augusta.  TV doesn't do its justice.  The property is amazing and unlike any other.  Me playing this on the simulator, I would love nothing more than to be playing a round on Augusta in my garage while I am watching the Masters :)

• cajuncapgun and devon1 like this

#12 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

Oddly enough I have some fond memories of Muirfield even though I've never set foot there.  Just watching some fantastic tournaments played there and being one of Jack's... says enough for me.

I think the top courses I'd personally love to see in PG are:

1. Augusta
  2. Muirfield
  3. Quail Hollow (know this course like the back of my hand)

I'm looking forward to Perfect Parallel's rendition of Muirfield Village almost as much as Augusta.  Travelled up there back in '07 to watch the tournament.  Hopefully that and some other Nicklaus designs will make it into the game this year.

• mebby likes this

#13 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:19 PM

Augusta National is already done. PP have provided it for the past few years for Sky Sports and ESPN's coverage of the Masters, where it is used for virtual fly by's by the presenters.

As for there being a playable version of the course, I've no idea.

#14 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:25 PM

I'm looking forward to Perfect Parallel's rendition of Muirfield Village almost as much as Augusta.  Travelled up there back in '07 to watch the tournament.  Hopefully that and some other Nicklaus designs will make it into the game this year.

I agree.  There's something awesome about that course.  Never have quite put my finger on it but I love it.  Great tournament they run there too!

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#15 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:37 PM

I agree with your three mebby-i've been to augusta and walked it--it is sooo butyfull when all prepped up for tour play I live in north fl. so not far for me to go---and another equally buty course is rt here in my city jaxsonville fl. by the beach--SAWGRASS--a real buty and challenging course  !!!!

• mebby likes this

#16 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:28 AM

PP has completed versions of all the tour courses ready to go, there just needs to be some clearance to do so. 

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#17 #GCW

#GCW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:31 PM

As someone who will mainly be using PG on a simulator in my home I am also hoping Augusta can be released by PP in the full release. That tee shot at 12 second at 13, tee shot at 16 finding the right area playing the undulations etc... My chances of playing Augusta in real life - slim to none and the MJ AJ version in links was immense so extremely excited about the prospect of simulator rounds around Augusta, as mentioned previously - I think its an emotional thing for many of us, my first memories of watching golf as a 7/8 year old were Greg Norman/ faldo 96 and tiger 97 at Augusta, just love that beauty and undulations, to chip and pitch onto those greens would be spectacular even on a simulator. I know TGC have a version but this does not come close to AJ MJ level of recreation.
  • DriverDivots likes this

#18 DriverDivots

DriverDivots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:03 PM

I hear ya GCW!  Can't wait to play Augusta on the simulator!

#19 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:51 PM

Spotted Mike Jones playing Augusta again earlier today.  That lucky bloke! ;)

I also spotted these posts in the Terrain Forge section that seem to deflate any hope of ever getting Perfect Parallel's rendition. :(

augusta national, please someone build it.

A nice 1M lidar data is available for this course.  Also we built it already but they will not give us permission to release it so we will not.  I am sure a user will be along to do it soon though

#20 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:05 AM

As someone who will mainly be using PG on a simulator in my home I am also hoping Augusta can be released by PP in the full release. That tee shot at 12 second at 13, tee shot at 16 finding the right area playing the undulations etc... My chances of playing Augusta in real life - slim to none and the MJ AJ version in links was immense so extremely excited about the prospect of simulator rounds around Augusta, as mentioned previously - I think its an emotional thing for many of us, my first memories of watching golf as a 7/8 year old were Greg Norman/ faldo 96 and tiger 97 at Augusta, just love that beauty and undulations, to chip and pitch onto those greens would be spectacular even on a simulator. I know TGC have a version but this does not come close to AJ MJ level of recreation.

What simulator will you be using with PG?   

Btw, come check out OGT.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users