Photo

Update 1.3.9.0.....user created courses?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Nukelaloosh44

Nukelaloosh44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:07 AM

The update is great! Thanks for all the hard work devs!!

Maybe I read the update notes wrong but I thought we would be able to download user created courses when this update was released. When and how exactly will we be able to do this?

#2 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:16 AM

You will be able to download them OGT.  We are still waiting for the go ahead from Mike.  Should be soon. 

• mistajam likes this

#3 Nukelaloosh44

Nukelaloosh44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:06 AM

Awesome news! Can't wait!!!

#4 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:07 AM

Released

http://www.perfectpa...ourses/?p=80036
  • Golden Bear likes this

#5 Ch3apTrick

Ch3apTrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:34 AM

So are you saying none of the user made course will show in PG menu  and that we have to sign up to  Tours to  play them?

Thats something I hope not to see as I just have knock about with a few m8s and  dont really want to be doing Tours just to play a new course?

I hope thats not going to be the case otherwise the time I have invested will feel a little wasted as I was under the impression you could see names of new course via PG then download the ones you and friends would like to play.

I7 Devils Canyon - MSI Gaming 5 - 16gb Corsair Vengance - Zotac AMP Omega 980 ti - Asus ROG PG287Q - 120SSD Samsung - 3tb Western Digital Green - Windows 7 64bit Ulitmate - 100mb Virginmedia .

#6 Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:37 AM

So are you saying none of the user made course will show in PG menu  and that we have to sign up to  Tours to  play them?

Thats something I hope not to see as I just have knock about with a few m8s and  dont really want to be doing Tours just to play a new course?

I hope thats not going to be the case otherwise the time I have invested will feel a little wasted as I was under the impression you could see names of new course via PG then download the ones you and friends would like to play.

Not at all.  You can download all the courses without being a member at OGT.  I do not play tournaments but made a free account so I could rate the courses.  You do not even have to make an account unless you choose to rate them as we are asked to.

#7 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:30 AM

The guys @ OGT have volunteered to host the user course files as PP said they wouldn't be. All you need to do is create an account with OGT which will allow you access to the downloads. Doesn't cost anything, just a few seconds of your time signing up.Download the course ZIP files, extract the folder to the appropriate place in the Steam PG install (I believe instructions can be found at OGT site) and the courses will be free to play, either in tournaments, on your own or with your buddies (as long as they also download them).

Download as many or as little free courses as you wish. If you download any that you decide you don't care for, just delete the course folder from your Courses directory and it won't appear in the game carousel.

• Fairwayman likes this

#8 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:38 AM

Oh no! Copying and pasting. :-O
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#9 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:40 AM

... and unzipping!  :lol:

• Mulligan and IanK like this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#10 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:42 AM

No need to join  or create an account at OGT at all unless you want to rate/review  courses

Courses can be found and downloaded from

http://www.onlinegol...se-reviews.html

#11 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:43 AM

Ian,

I know. Golf-ageddon.

Folks will need to know the basics behind extracting files from a ZIP folder in to another location. How we expect them to learn these basic computer skills just to play a golf game is quite worrying, lol. Especially after the meltdown over the prospects of doing some copy and paste to manage the Courses folder, lol. 

:D

#12 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:45 AM

Ian,

I know. Golf-ageddon.

Folks will need to know the basics behind extracting files from a ZIP folder in to another location. How we expect them to learn these basic computer skills just to play a golf game is quite worrying, lol. Especially after the meltdown over the prospects of doing some copy and paste to manage the Courses folder, lol. 

:D

I suppose it really depends on how much people want to play the new user-made courses. It's not too much to learn for some fantastic creations.
WWG1WGA

#13 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:55 AM

No need to join  or create an account at OGT at all unless you want to rate/review  courses
Courses can be found and downloaded from
http://www.onlinegol...se-reviews.html

Reviews would be very helpful to designers though!
WWG1WGA

#14 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

Is a bigger course file generally an indication for a course that is more stressful for the rig?

#15 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:41 PM

Is a bigger course file generally an indication for a course that is more stressful for the rig?

No, just different kinds of objects added.

• frank70 likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#16 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:22 PM

Reviews would be very helpful to designers though!

We need reviews from mouse/controller players. Pm me if anybody wants to write a review.

#17 Ch3apTrick

Ch3apTrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:09 PM

Well my first course downloaded and had a quick play ,this is what I hope to see more of,even the most basic courses will please me.

Having someone spends hours to create a course I take my hat off to,this is for me the best part of PG I have seen,even though the game plays amazing.

This is awesome cannot wait now unti CF is released I may give it a mess myself lol,thansk all for pointing me to the right place

I7 Devils Canyon - MSI Gaming 5 - 16gb Corsair Vengance - Zotac AMP Omega 980 ti - Asus ROG PG287Q - 120SSD Samsung - 3tb Western Digital Green - Windows 7 64bit Ulitmate - 100mb Virginmedia .

#18 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:22 PM

Big thanks to the OGT folks for providing links to the user courses.  I know the release date is in the field with the download link, but it would be helpful to add a separate sortable column for it.

• Armand and Fairwayman like this

#19 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:11 PM

Big thanks to the OGT folks for providing links to the user courses.  I know the release date is in the field with the download link, but it would be helpful to add a separate sortable column for it.

If you click on Download column twice, it will sort by date.

#20 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:43 PM

... and unzipping!  :lol:

Still lots of baffled people over at the Links 2k3 forum who still try to use WInzip. PP should have a sticky thread on how to unzip courses. I saw elsewhere a discussion about how people were going to manage their courses by moving them in and out of folders as needed. It's 2016 people, if your rig can run this game and the devs have even the slightest clue, tons of courses in the folder won't cause any issues.

It seems like we're fixing a problem here because a 15 year old game had one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users