Photo

Update 1.3.9.0.....user created courses?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:35 PM

How will unfinished courses get updated when designer finishes, i know some of the courses are still a little glitchy?

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#22 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:46 PM

How will unfinished courses get updated when designer finishes, i know some of the courses are still a little glitchy?

The designer can send the updated files to OGT to replace the old file.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#23 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

thanks to OGT and the golf course designers for there fantastic work. I have downloaded a couple of courses today followed the instructions to the letter unzip copy and paste into the courses folder etc. but no joy they just will not show up in the game. I am baffled, any help would be appreciated

Thanks

#24 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:55 PM

thanks to OGT and the golf course designers for there fantastic work. I have downloaded a couple of courses today followed the instructions to the letter unzip copy and paste into the courses folder etc. but no joy they just will not show up in the game. I am baffled, any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Try a reboot of your computer to see if that refreshes the courses displayed in-game.  If that doesn't work could you post a screenshot of your courses folder just in case we see something out of the ordinary.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#25 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:57 PM

There is actually a folder inside a folder,
the one with the 4 files is the one to add
to the Courses Folder.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#26 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:58 PM

thanks for the fast response I will try that

#27 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:04 PM

You also need to restart the game. 

#28 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:27 PM

re- started the computer still no sign of the courses, I then had a thought, looked on my C drive and found that I have x2 steam folders, one on my D drive and one on the C drive, no idea why unless  I have installed the game twice. Installed the courses to the C drive and it worked yippee !!!!

Thanks for your help guys

Terry

#29 mistajam

mistajam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:51 PM

Unzip the Zip, Rar or whatever format (containing one folder) ... and copy and paste the unzipped folder in

--> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Perfect Golf\Courses

7-Zip is my tool for unzipping because it can handle many different compressed formats. (http://www.7-zip.org/)

Works here from srcatch ... no reboot ... nor nada ...

FANTASTIC :)

#30 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:12 PM

... and unzipping!  :lol:

Just saw one compressed as 7z, this may end up needing it's own forum instead of a sticky.

For those who are stuck, I use Totalcommander  for all of my file manipulation needs instead of Explorer (on Windows) and Android. I keep a copy of 7z  for when I want to create passworded 7z files. Winrar opens 7z files also.

Dunno about Win10, anyone know what archives it can deal with natively?

#31 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:36 PM

We need reviews from mouse/controller players. Pm me if anybody wants to write a review.

Maybe I missed it but is there a place to not only  rate a course but to add comments? It may help the designers if they get a lower rating to be able to read why. It could be done that any comments be screened first and then added to the reviews. I realize this would be more work but designers often like not only a rating but some feedback on why the rating. If it is done in a constructive way it can help the designer to improve. Perhaps it is something the designer did well and you would like to point it out also. Just a thought. 

• Golden Bear likes this

#32 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:41 PM

Maybe I missed it but is there a place to not only  rate a course but to add comments? It may help the designers if they get a lower rating to be able to read why. It could be done that any comments be screened first and then added to the reviews. I realize this would be more work but designers often like not only a rating but some feedback on why the rating. If it is done in a constructive way it can help the designer to improve. Perhaps it is something the designer did well and you would like to point it out also. Just a thought. 

4th post by Mike Jones:

http://www.perfectpa...ners-thank-you/

Completely agree, these guys went above and beyond the call of duty and put up will lots of CourseForge bugs in the process. Kudos to them all. 

We will be setting up a review forum here at PP shortly so that people can post their thoughts and interact with the designers.

#33 Nukelaloosh44

Nukelaloosh44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:53 PM

Maybe I missed it but is there a place to not only rate a course but to add comments? It may help the designers if they get a lower rating to be able to read why. It could be done that any comments be screened first and then added to the reviews. I realize this would be more work but designers often like not only a rating but some feedback on why the rating. If it is done in a constructive way it can help the designer to improve. Perhaps it is something the designer did well and you would like to point it out also. Just a thought.

I agree with you. Comments would be a very welcome addition that Could give designers constructive feedback. For example, Nautilus Bay by Highfade is a work of art. The 9th hole tee shot at sunset is one of the prettiest holes I have witnessed on any golf game! The future is bright for PG if someone can design a course like this in early access stage! Can't wait to play and praise other creations.

#34 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:02 PM

Yup I missed that about a course review spot being made here but perhaps since your down loading courses from  the OGT site it would also be handy to have it there too. I know it may be a bit redundant but instead of having to go to one site to check out a course or submit a review and then go to another to download them it would be nice to have both in one spot? 

Nothing wrong with reviews being made at both or at least I don't think there would be.    

#35 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

Yup I missed that about a course review spot being made here but perhaps since your down loading courses from  the OGT site it would also be handy to have it there too. I know it may be a bit redundant but instead of having to go to one site to check out a course or submit a review and then go to another to download them it would be nice to have both in one spot? 

Nothing wrong with reviews being made at both or at least I don't think there would be.    

We started a PG course comments section a few days ago for members to start threads and post comments/reviews about a course.

http://www.onlinegol...wforum.php?f=87

We also have a private course designers/testers lounge for testing beta courses.  

• mistajam likes this

#36 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:25 PM

Thanks for the info  Zmax

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users