#21 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

I would think if they have stated minimum OS is Vista, then you would be taking a risk buying it and trying to run it on XP.

#22 TeeBone

TeeBone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:05 AM

What are the mouse swing options?

#23 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:27 AM

What are the mouse swing options?

Vertical mouse swing only (i.e. TrueSwing, Real Time Swing).

-MERACE

#24 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:47 AM

Should I even bother to think about having a go at TGC , with theese specs , ATM ?

( to be honest I'm a little worried how PG will run ..... )

-Intel® Core™2 CPU 6320 at 1,86 GHz

- 3,50 GB RAM

- ATI Radeon HD 4650

- XP PRO 

Unfortunately, I do not believe that your card is DirectX 11 compatible so it will currently NOT work in TGC.  I said "currently" because one of the HB Studios developers responded to a post in the Support forum that they are discussing the possibility of adding DirectX 10 compatibility for the game.  

They are are also continuing to optimize the game, but I believe you will still need a high end video card to run it at 30+ fps even on medium graphic setting.

Edited:  Geez, I need to take more time proofreading my posts!  :rolleyes:   Thanks for pointing that out IanD.  B)

-MERACE

#25 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:13 AM

Merace, maybe edit your post as you state it will currently work in TGC, which isn't the case.

#26 truckerkills

truckerkills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

I exceed all the specs, but the game will not work right for me. ground is black, no detail, sky is pink no detail. any suggestions ?

#27 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

1: Did you install DX 11?

2: Do you run the newest drivers for your graphic?

All these points are listed on HB Forum for trouble shooting.

Who cares...

#28 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

Unfortunately, I do not believe that your card is DirectX 11 compatible so it will currently work in TGC.  I said "currently" because one of the HB Studios developers responded to a post in the Support forum that they are discussing the possibility of adding DirectX 10 compatibility for the game.  

They are are also continuing to optimize the game, but I believe you will still need a high end video card to run it at 30+ fps even on medium graphic setting.

-MERACE

Even if the card is compatible, the OS isn't. DX10/11 can't be installed on XP(without a lot of very hakish workarounds). DX11 requires Vista SP2 or above.

• fungolfer likes this

#29 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Even if the card is compatible, the OS isn't. DX10/11 can't be installed on XP(without a lot of very hakish workarounds). DX11 requires Vista SP2 or above.

Thx for the info .... How about PG ... will itr run on DX09 ... or will it need DX10 .... and if so i need to upgrade to Vista or above ?

#30 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

You should as XP is no longer supported... I upgraded to Win7 and love it... I did not like 08... If you can update to win7 may I recommend Pro because if there are things you like on XP you can get the virtual box on win7Pro and use programs that are xp specific, you can't do that with win7 home... I made that mistake... Still, I love win7..

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#31 truckerkills

truckerkills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

I have Nvidia GeForce  9800 x2-  I can run DX11 but not with all capabilities, so the game does not work :( everything else exceeds requirements

#32 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

Well, I gambled spending the money and installed it on my Win7 Laptop since my desktop is an XP Machine.

It installed Steam and the game fine but when I launch the game I get to the main intro screen (I think it is) and there it sits. I have to Ctrl/Alt/Del to get out of it as no key/mouse strokes/combinations will close it back down.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#33 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

Jerry:

Can you post your computer specs here?  

Here's how:  Click on the Start button and type in the Search box, dxdiag.  A window will open up called DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Click on the "Driver" tab and look in the "Drivers" section for "DDI Version".  If it says "10" instead of "11" then you most likely do not have a video card that is DirectX 11 compatible.

I think that it would be nice to know what the PP developers anticipate that the minimum computer specs will be to run PG.  More importantly, what the recommended computer specs to run the game at an acceptable frame rate. 

-MERACE

#34 PurpleTurf

PurpleTurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove, MN

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

Its all about video card on TGC, if you cant play some of the newest graphic intensive games, you will not be able to play this.  My PCs that used to run TWO will not play TGC.  But my main PCs that I game on will run it just fine and it runs high FPS.  Unless your laptop has modern dedicated video dont bother.  Unless you run high end dedicated graphics card, dont bother.

Game looks great, plays smooth.  Gameplay needs a ton of work though like Daz said.  Physics are way off, putting is a challenge and not the good kind.  Rough/Sand is a coin flip, but kind of like it.  Picking clubs and shot is not intuitive and cannot be done in zoomed view.

That said, if you computer can handle it, its worth the $29 because its all thats out there ATM, and no where to go but up.

#35 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

Jerry:

Can you post your computer specs here?  

Here's how:  Click on the Start button and type in the Search box, dxdiag.  A window will open up called DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Click on the "Driver" tab and look in the "Drivers" section for "DDI Version".  If it says "10" instead of "11" then you most likely do not have a video card that is DirectX 11 compatible.

I think that it would be nice to know what the PP developers anticipate that the minimum computer specs will be to run PG.  More importantly, what the recommended computer specs to run the game at an acceptable frame rate. 

-MERACE

It says I am runnnig DirectX 11 and the DDI Version is 10.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg

Dell XPS Desktop
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
1TB SATA HardDrive

#36 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

Thx for the info .... How about PG ... will itr run on DX09 ... or will it need DX10 .... and if so i need to upgrade to Vista or above ?

We don't use any DX11 specific features, so as of right now, PG is DX09 compatible. I doubt we'd make the decision without good reason, but...

This is subject to change, and should not be construed at a promise of DX09 compatibility.

• fungolfer and Davefevs like this

#37 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

@Jerry - You have dx11 software installed, but DDI 10 means your graphics card is dx10 not dx11.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#38 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

@Jerry - You have dx11 software installed, but DDI 10 means your graphics card is dx10 not dx11.

So it looks lke no TGC for me then.  :-(

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg

Dell XPS Desktop
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
1TB SATA HardDrive

#39 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

Here are my impressions folks:

I have played roughly three rounds and started my first golf course.

Gameplay -

The gameplay is a bit clunky in my opinion. The only way to play is with a 360 or ps3 controller because playing with the mouse and keyboard is almost impossible. The game definitely does some things right. The putting and chipping is difficult, but sometimes does not respond correctly and also can be very difficult to judge. This however is an initial build. 

There are no hazard drops only a rehit which can be annoying when playing a course with a lot of water. There is also no out of bounds.

For me it is also difficult to take half or 3/4 swings. This is partially because the game is a little slow, but also because the controls seem to need a little tuning.

The game does not give you a good idea of the winds effect on the ball.

Uneven lies are not shown with any GUI that lets you know how much the ball will move. This however is rumored to be apart of the full game.

The game does allow for the fairways and greens to be different speeds which is great, but I would love to see a game incorporate the stimp meter.

Course Designer -

I am thoroughly impressed with the designer. You can easily create a course in a few hours and the designer is VERY EASY to use.

Pros - Easy to use, graphics are good, very easy to change elevations

Cons - Not fully custom like APCD which prevents you from making real courses, can be slow, limited settings and trees but more to come with the full game, only allows you place one pin per green.

Overall this game is very good and a blast to play. The game is going to be popular especially when it comes out with a final version. People who have never considered designing a golf course will easily be able to make a course in less than an hour. It is also really enjoyable playing other peoples courses. I am very happy I purchased the early release

#40 TeeBone

TeeBone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:10 AM

Me neither cuz I don't think there is a mouse click swing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users