#1 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

When this game eventually comes out will I be able to play it simply using a mouse for a real time swing like in Links?   A console is required to play the other game that is out now in early release.

#2 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

Someone said that a mouse can be used for TGC. I guess or I should say hope I was wrong

#3 argon

argon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

Someone said that a mouse can be used for TGC. I guess or I should say hope I was wrong

They did add the Mouse Keyboard control on the last build from what i have read, but you may be better with the xbox control option, i don`t know how well their mouse keyboard works.

#4 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Thanks, I guess I'll wait for some reviews on how well the mouse works before purchasing the game.

• LADYBOGEY likes this

#5 Richard Nalezynski

Richard Nalezynski

Producer - Perfect Parallel

• Administrators
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY USA

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:51 AM

For the record, PerfectGolf is meant to be played using various devices, including keyboard/mouse combinations and game controllers. For deeper simulation experiences, devices such as Trackman and of course SimTech are supported.

• IanD likes this

#6 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Thanks Richard.

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

We have just completed a beta version of the mouse swing.  Basically it works along the lines of a tempo and directional swing plane.  Pulling the mouse back sets the power, the tempo of the swing sets whether you come over the top or in to out, too fast on the downswing relative to backswing  and you pull it, too slow and you push it.  the path of the mouse through impact sets the side spin of the ball.  Basically this mechanism makes hitting a perfectly straight shot very difficult but to hit a small pull fade or push hook on purpose much easier.

Obviously once we get into beta testing I am sure you will all have some feedback on it.  Right now because we still have not incorporated the animations into the game it is tied into the swing meter so you can see how far you are pulling back the club but ultimately it will be tied into the player animation.

Andrew 

• JoeF, Armand, Maverick Spirit and 3 others like this

#8 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

Nice update.....excited!

#9 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

Oh, that reminds me... gotta go get myself a new ruler  (innocent whistle)... no connection at all to this thread... just a new ruler, for my stuff, erm... for my paper work and such, that's it, yes... long and straight new ruler... (sauntering off, whistling softly)

And yes, that was satire. I'm a clicker. If they let me.

• fungolfer and Davefevs like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#10 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

I think there would be a few female roles scowling at you right now K11... how they once looked up to you, they now give the all-knowing nose in the air pose... and those are the ones in your own Crew...!

#11 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:46 PM

Thank you Andrew, this is exactly what I was hoping for!  You can count me in for a purchase when the game is available.  Oh, and thanks for reminding me Kab11, I wanted to pick a T square for my uh shuffleboard table, yea that's it. LOL, just kidding  :D  

#12 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

Btw, does this meen we will have no pure click swing? Just asking :D

Who cares...

#13 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

There will be both a 3 click and a mouse swing.  The purpose of our tempo is that even if you borrow some device with a straight edge from your toolbox you will still find it hard to hit a straight shot because of the tempo.  In other words unless your downswing is exactly twice as fast as your backswing you will pull or push since your perfectly square clubface will be square to an out to in or in to out swing plane.

• JoeF, fungolfer, Ron Piskorik and 3 others like this

#14 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

Love it, thanks alot Andrew :)

I will forward this to my members which are waiting for PG :D

Who cares...

#15 Barry

Barry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNorth London

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

I can't wait :)

#16 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:41 PM

Will there be the option to play the mouse swing in both vertical and horizontal mode?

I much prefer the horizontal swing, as although it makes playing much harder, it feels so much more like a real golf swing than moving the mouse down and up.

• Armand, Ron Piskorik and Davefevs like this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#17 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

So a ruler and some kind of speed monitoring device required then! ;-)

#18 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:50 AM

So a ruler and some kind of speed monitoring device required then! ;-)

How about a programmable robotic arm that moves the mouse exactly how it should be moved?  :P 

Hm, additional little thought, remotely related. When test playing my desgins, I can foresee the necessity for me to hit full, perfect shots from the tee. So, at least in practice mode, it would be cool to have a full-swing/one-click option to save time and to help get the intended distances right. No biggie, though, it's just a little idea fluttering across my agitated mind at this juncture of time-space.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#19 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

I do agree

In my short affair with TGC I found it real annoying trying to hit perfect shots just to test some part of the course. I also found it extremely hard if not impossible to hit half or tree quarter shots, it's always 100% or well, pick a number.  :wacko:

• Tigers Agent likes this

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#20 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:31 AM

So Andrew.. all an edger, axis disabler  and mouse sensitivity expert has to worry about is tempo?  great!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users