Photo

PP ONLY - Seriously, Any ETA On Course Forge Release?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 rwmorey

rwmorey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

PLEASE ONLY SOMEONE FROM PP ANSWER / COMMENT ON THIS

Course Forge is obviously close to ready since there are a lot of beta testers creating courses with it. Why not just release it publicly, even if its still in the BETA stage?

If not in BETA, there has to be some idea of when the release product will be ready?

Thanks

Rich

• barryverheul likes this

#2 rwmorey

rwmorey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:48 AM

That's what I thought.. its too bad because it looked like this game had a lot of promise but I'd rather play with a game that isn't vaporware. I'm off to enjoy the latest beta build of The Golf Club so PP has lost me as a potential customer.

#3 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

Just do what I have done. I only visit here once or twice a week now.

Posted Image

#4 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

I bet you still buy it when it comes out, just as the rest of us will. The silence from those in charge around here is frustrating and inexcusable, but what can we do? Threaten to not buy the game? Not going to happen. I purchased TGC and have played a few rounds on it. If Perfect Golf is anything like what it looks like it will blow away TGC. Just have to get used to no updates. Apparently ignoring your potential customers is how they market the game here.

#5 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

That's what I thought.. its too bad because it looked like this game had a lot of promise but I'd rather play with a game that isn't vaporware. I'm off to enjoy the latest beta build of The Golf Club so PP has lost me as a potential customer.

While I share your enthusiasm for the latest beta build of TGC I don't understand why you are no longer a potential customer of PP.  Just because PP fails to post timely updates on PG's development progression should not be a reason to completely abandon them and PG.

I'm patiently waiting for PP to make PG the best golf game that they can while playing and enjoying TGC.  :)

-MERACE

• Tazz, remers and karma4u like this

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

I can assure you it isn't vapour-ware.

You only have to look in the 'Show and Tell' thread to see what some selected community testers are doing with BETA versions of Course Forge.

As for the game of Perfect Golf, it has a way to go before it is up to the standard of say Links 2003, but I can assure you it does exist. Did I hear someone say pre-ALPHA.

;)

• Davefevs likes this

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:18 PM

Here is the problem... It is hard enough for us to take all the feedback and react to it in a timely fashion from the limited folks we have testing the products.  IF we expand the beta to a big group of people everyone will be happy for 5 minutes until we are no longer able to respond to their requests and then......

We want to make sure that other than our poor group of limited testers who go through hell on a weekly basis, people have a good experience with our products.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Oh and so at least this post has some value one of the things we need to resolve in Course Forge is how to build course files in the free version of Unity.  IT looks like we will have to build our own compressed course format rather than relying on the Unity packager which is now a pro only feature.  so we have to build one which will take several weeks as we will have to rewrite all the game loading code too.... It never ends...

• fungolfer and M Rose like this

#8 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

So, this vapour-ware on my machine boots up and suddenly I'm on the 1st tee.....

VapourGC.jpg

Resized screenshot image taken from WIP pre-ALPHA of Perfect Golf.

;)

• Erik Lugris, Tazz, Davefevs and 2 others like this

#9 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

Jealous!!!

#10 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

Very nice Daz, looks lovely.

#11 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

I want!! :D

Ken

#12 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

Eh, I would've blown him off. Some people are just assholes. It'll be done when it's done!
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#13 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:06 AM

Eh, I would've blown him off. Some people are just assholes. It'll be done when it's done!

Hey "Crow357" .... good to see you arround the golfgame forums again ...   :)

#14 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:50 AM

Here is the problem... It is hard enough for us to take all the feedback and react to it in a timely fashion from the limited folks we have testing the products.  IF we expand the beta to a big group of people everyone will be happy for 5 minutes until we are no longer able to respond to their requests and then......

We want to make sure that other than our poor group of limited testers who go through hell on a weekly basis, people have a good experience with our products.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Oh and so at least this post has some value one of the things we need to resolve in Course Forge is how to build course files in the free version of Unity.  IT looks like we will have to build our own compressed course format rather than relying on the Unity packager which is now a pro only feature.  so we have to build one which will take several weeks as we will have to rewrite all the game loading code too.... It never ends...

Exactly what I keep saying here. Lets try to get a Beta which is as close to a release as possible. PG is smaller than TGC and look at their forums how many threads you find there. I think it makes way more sense to work with a small group of users. Even if I'd love to get my fingers on this game asap, I will wait. I have all the time in the world and my TWO group also. :)

Special thanks to K11 for posting so many things here about CF and pre alpha, you guys are awesome with your infos :)

Who cares...

#15 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

Special thanks to K11 for posting so many things here about CF and pre alpha, you guys are awesome with your infos :)

Bitteschön, gern geschehen.

I and others sort of slipped into the loudspeaker role as a result of the Devs reluctance to communicate. So let me announce that as per today an update to CF beta has been made available to us, containing a great number of major bug fixes. You want details about them? You wouldn't understand, sorry.

The CF/PG development history so far:

• CF Beta 1: January 23rd
  • CF Vegetation and tree packages made available: February 13th
  • Unofficial End of Beta 1: March 12th
  • Agua -The water shader upgrade: March 28th
  • CF Beta 2 - improvements, new Layers Library with Fresnel shaders: May 8th
  • PG Pre-Alpha delivered: May 25th (Mac users: May 26th)
  • CF Beta 2 upgrade: June 13th
  • Announced, next in line: Revamped ball and terrain physics test range, probably next week.

And there is a lot going on about the Terrain Importer as well, which is being tweaked and refined constantly and which now has been re-christened the Terrain Forge. But I'm not in the loop on that one.

So, you see, there is regular and constant movement.. 

• fungolfer likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#16 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:22 AM

Good job K11... great list and dates kept. Suffice to say not all beta testers (CF) arrived at the initial start of Beta 1. There have been a few additions since that date, with more inclusions added on Beta 2.

Add to this the many constructive discussions that have been occuring behind the scenes, plus the odd confusion regarding manic moments too, and it's far from quiet... I'm sure a few have wandered around without the proper attire occasionally lol..

#17 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:05 PM

Thanks guys great recap.  I hope that while we are generally quiet around here the testers will acknowledge that we are trying to respond to their feedback in the testing by releasing updates that fix their issues.  Our goal of beta testing (and alpha testing) is to actually get the feedback and make changes to the products rather than just give people a free preview of the game / tools.  As such they really are beta tests and there are a lot of little bugs and things that mean these guys keep having to redo stuff...

Having said that as each application gets more stable and there are fewer issues we try to grow the number of testers as each group will have a better experience.

One of the latest things we are working on as stated above is a completely new physics engine that we have been working on based on feedback.  This will allow for all sorts of different shots to be hit.

• Perculator likes this

#18 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

Oh and one other thing... The last remaining item preventing a broader CF release is identifying a way for users of free unity from building course files.  Right now we are building them on behalf of the testers.

• Davefevs likes this

#19 hyperrodik

hyperrodik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCambs

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:28 AM

we are getting closer i believe? :)

ASUS G751

#20 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:43 AM

this is better a bit more frequent info from the devs, keeping us up to date a bit more often, thank you for  your time , skills  in creating this game for the community , we really appreciate what you guys are doing, 

thanks for being creative, passionate and sharing

thank you andrew, mike and the team

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users