Photo

PP ONLY - Seriously, Any ETA On Course Forge Release?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the updates; both CF and PG are obviously progressing....

Ken

#22 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

The key issue for me is the hope that we get access to all the tools necessary for making a great course without the need to purchase extra software. I don't wish to spend hundreds of dollars on a "pro" version.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#23 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

The key issue for me is the hope that we get access to all the tools necessary for making a great course without the need to purchase extra software. I don't wish to spend hundreds of dollars on a "pro" version.

Oh and one other thing... The last remaining item preventing a broader CF release is identifying a way for users of free unity from building course files.  Right now we are building them on behalf of the testers.

• hyperrodik likes this

#24 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

Hi, great words in here again and i thank you Andrew for your answers though.

i would be happy to see more screenshots in reference to the perfect golf testing.

Thank you all Golfers,

Regards

Andy

#25 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

Yep.... I'm encouraged by the efforts of the development team to address these issues.

I don't think this game could be in any better hands.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#26 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:47 PM

The version of Course Forge that folks will end up with should be the same one being used by PP to make their courses and require no additional purchase to have to upgrade the software to get access to 'missing features'.

Whether you want to splash out and but a 'Pro' version of Unity 3D or settle for the free version will be up to you.

PP are striving to get the free version of Unity behave like the Pro version, so that designers are not restricted in anyway, through quirks in the software (as the Pro version will have functionality the free version doesn't).

This is one of the things that takes development time and causes a delay in getting things released to the wider audience.

;)

#27 danohi50

danohi50

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

This is indeed an amazing product. My patience will surely be sorely tested as we wait for the next round of Beta tests. IM dismayed though that we at this time would need to pay 75$ per month for the pro version of Unity. That would be out of the finances of many a fine designer. Kudos to Mike and Andrew for recognizing this is indeed an issue.

1 question I do have though, will we be able to use these tools on modest computors?

Good Luck and God speed to Andrew and Mike!

#28 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:22 PM

You don't need to buy Unity Pro. Course Forge works just fine with the free version.

There are just a few elements that only seem to work as intended in the Pro version, but PP are working on a way to get these to work in the free version too.

Ideally you need a decent spec machine to run CF and PG at high res. Not quite sure what you are classing as a modest computer. What is modest to one man, may be top end to another, lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users