#1 alantoft

alantoft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire, England

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

I have been involved with golf games since the days the old  Leaderboard.

I have designed courses in Sierra PGA2000, the TW series, and Links 2001/2003.

When I first saw the web page for PPG and that Mike Jones was involved I finally thought we had the next golf sim that would give  us a chance to design good courses.

Above a year later there appears to be little sign of PPG ever seeing the light of day. This forum appears getting less posts each week due to lack of information.

I know that The Golf Club by HB Studios has been ridiculed by some but it is at least giving designers a tool to try to design. It is not perfect but each update they make is an improvement on the game.

Like previous posters who are far from happy about the lack of information I am expecting to be shot down

#2 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:45 PM

im with you there alan, im playing TGC and it is a good game, if you have the time to wade through all the crap courses to find the good one's

due to the fact that anyone can click the mouse a few times and build a course so it is pretty mindless operation now don't get me wrong there are good builders on there but the majority of the courses seem to be people just trying to make it as hard as they can or holes that are just not playable. really makes me wonder if some of the folks over there have ever been on a golf course,or even played the game. im just hoping something happens here soon as what i know of the course forge is,it is not a easy program to use and the guys that will be building them here will be the good builders. also looking to play real courses not someone's guess work at trying to get it close to right

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#3 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

I wouldn't say shot down Alan... you're in a large group with alot of us, hoping for further information and news as often as possible. I can't paint a picture of something I know little more than you, nor am I able to express anything about TGC either, as I've not tried it. I recall your Links courses, think I even reviewed them too... so don't give up here. It's simply not ready yet.

Because this was newsworthy so early, and the timing of TGC arrived, it's been almost a demand for the guys here at PP to deliver something.. they have gone into Beta for the Course Forge, but are only at Alpha for the PG game. It would be prudent to expect them both to be ready before making them properly available, wouldn't you agree?

As for exact time of when that may be... it's never going to be a fixed date until we're alot further seeing Beta PG's available, so it's unlikely they will even venture to guess a date. Their whole Company isn't simply about this one product either.. so they're likely hands on, but not necessarily handing out..

#4 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

I'm 99.98% certain that it will be released BEFORE summer of 2169. :lol:

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#5 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

PP responded to this same question on Facebook.

The answer was given as the release date will be after Winter 2013 but before 2020.

;)

IMO, the main issue is that the Perfect Golf/Course Forge project is not the #1 priority for PP. If they were just ploughing all their resources in to the PG and CF and nothing else, I'm sure we would be further down the road than what we are.

The deals struck with Sky Sports and Augusta show where the main priorities of PP lay - virtual course renderings and golf simulator software.

By using the simulator software they embarked on trying to bring a game to the PC. I don't see it happening any time soon, although my guess is CF may be closer to a 'community release' than any playable game. Whilst we would all love to see both PG and CF sooner rather than later, we will just have to play the waiting game.

;)

#6 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

Sounds like I will have to get in touch with one of those cryogenic labs if I want to play PP . . . LOL. Why specifically 2169, will that be your 200th birthday? Hope you make it. it is no use to anyone if an inferior game is released prematurely. TGC is very easy to use and this leads to lots of very simple courses which soon lose their appeal. From what I have seen so far Course Forge is far more impressive and we are going to have lots of great courses to play once the game is finished. Perhaps it is as simple as they have nothing new to tell us yet.

#7 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

You're a somewhat optimistic fellow.........lol

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#8 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

I understand the desire to have something now, and the belief that if we cant get it done now it will never get done.  People complained vehemently when they kept asking for a release date and we did not want to provide one.  When we take a guess and miss it the assumption is we are going to fail and the game will never come out.  It is a no win situation.

The alternative would be to not even tell anyone we were working on something and then just pop up just before release but we actually wanted the community to be a part of the release.  We do read everything even if we do not always respond to everything due to the fact that we are working. 

This week we are making significant improvements to our physics engine which will probably take a couple of weeks as all the properties will have to be redone.  We will be doing quality control on our 40+ courses and then fixing a whole series of bugs that need fixing before we move on to the next set of functionality.  

Do we wish we could just wave a wand and be ready for release - of course we do... As to our priorities Perfect Golf is a priority for us, and we are looking to significantly increase our developers at this point.

Many thanks Andrew

• Jimbo63, fungolfer, Tigers Agent and 1 other like this

#9 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

@ Jimbo: no particular reason for that number, just a random number far enough in to the future leaving no margin for the "Where's the game" people to moan about the game not being released in time.

@ karma: you do know that optimists and pessimists are right about the same percentage of time right, only the optimists has more fun...  :lol:

On the other hand, happy people are the ones who just don't know better...  :rolleyes:

• Tigers Agent and karma4u like this

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#10 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

Many thanks for the update Andrew

#11 AlanR54NC

AlanR54NC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for the comments Andrew. Always nice to see these little rays of hope peeking out from the curtain. I understand the no-win situation, but I sure wish you had that magic wand.....or could find a pair of ruby slippers  :)

Intel Core2 Duo E6750

4GB Ram

Win 7 64 bit

ATI  Radeon 5700

#12 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

Maybe those ruby slippers are a momentoes from AJ's weekend at Memorial!!!
  • Tigers Agent likes this

#13 DaShotShapa

DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

Many thanks for the update Andrew

What update? He just repeated what he and the other Admins have been spewing for the past 3 months. Com'on guys, if you actually think this game is going to be released anytime soon, well you're just as gullible as everyone else.

MSI A88X-G43, AMD A10-5800K, PATRIOT PC3-10700 DDR3 16GB, AMD HD RADEON 7700 1GB DDR5, CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI, WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

#14 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:53 AM

I truly believe that this game will be released, just not "anytime soon". That said, i also believe that it is a game that will be well worth waiting for. 

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#15 CalinToma

CalinToma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

I` ve got tired of looking after this game release...i` ll just let Steam to announce me, probably in a couple of  years...:((

#16 slewin

slewin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:04 AM

I think the fact that the feature video on the homepage has not changed in 12 months is rather embarrassing and shows little idea of how to develop a community and potential customers. I realize that they are a small team but a few simple screenshots of progress would take a few minutes at the most. I have lots of respect for some team members but being mysterious and elusive will get you nowhere. 

As for me I have given up on ever seeing a proper golf sim for PC/Console

#17 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

.... shame on those that give up! Granted, the few remaining (!) would wail and wilt begging for scraps to be fed and watered... it's the wrong way round though... you won't wilt and fade away, eventually you'll ascend. Fore..

#18 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

As soon as PG will go beta, all these guys will either be playing or whining here why they haven't been asked to be part of the beta. Only words ;)

Who cares...

#19 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

I think the fact that the feature video on the homepage has not changed in 12 months is rather embarrassing and shows little idea of how to develop a community and potential customers. I realize that they are a small team but a few simple screenshots of progress would take a few minutes at the most. I have lots of respect for some team members but being mysterious and elusive will get you nowhere. 

As for me I have given up on ever seeing a proper golf sim for PC/Console

Try 6 months.

Have you ever looked in some of the other threads, like 'Show and Tell'? There has been plenty said about Course Forge.

A gameplay pre-ALPHA has only just gone to selected community members in the last week, so nothing really to report on that at present.

#20 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

I guess its a no win situation in many respects for PP.  Either deny that anything exists and risk losing potential new customers or admit something exists, selectively pick testers and potentially lose people who have showed interest in the product from the beginning who don't get the opportunity to help out and just walk away.  As I said, its a tricky one for PP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users