Photo

Small update just installed - what is this?

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#1 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:03 PM

Just had a small (1.1mb) update to PG install - anyone know what this addresses? I'm not seeing any news on this,

#2 Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:03 PM

Same thing here.

#3 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:14 PM

I don't know for sure, but in the past, small unannounced updates are usually simulator patches.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#4 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:32 PM

I see the build number in steam is now 1091308, but the game still shows 1.3.9.3

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#5 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:34 PM

I think they've snuck in St Andrews Old Course under the radar as a nice little surprise for us. No trees, hence the small file size. 

#6 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:11 PM

Damn, that was quick! lol

#7 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:25 PM

Well if it had anything to do with helping multiplayer they can roll that one back to. Just played 9 holes on Augusta. Gorgeous course. But the Ping Was all over the place for all four players. Even the host was jumping up high at times. I really wish something can be done. The game is starting to become a solo player's game. One of the main reasons I play this is for multiplayer. :(

• fungolfer, Fairwayman, Ron Piskorik and 1 other like this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#8 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:14 AM

Yes i have noticed a lot of lagg online even when playing a one on one match with my opponent being close i.e a 70 ping

#9 Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:13 AM

Hopefully now that the select few have been catered to with constant tweaks to difficulty settings and unneeded new swing types that have caused this mess, PG can now fix all the bugs this has caused along with this horrid stuttering issue on the 3 click meter.  Until ALL the bugs have been addressed first no new features should be incorporated into the game.

• Stephen Sullivan, Ron Piskorik and erwildcat like this

#10 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:54 AM

Hopefully now that the select few have been catered to with constant tweaks to difficulty settings and unneeded new swing types that have caused this mess, PG can now fix all the bugs this has caused along with this horrid stuttering issue on the 3 click meter.  Until ALL the bugs have been addressed first no new features should be incorporated into the game.

THIS!

• scoops100 and Golden Bear like this

#11 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:54 AM

Well unfortunately I have now also had this small update!

This has now changed what was a barely playable game (since 64bit version) into a completely unplayable game.

I have painfully played (played is hardly the right word) through the last round of a tourney (solo mode) in what can only be described as a jerky juddery stuttery series of still frames. It plays more like a powerpoint presentation that a video game. I am getting around 20fps now, when before I used to get over 50fps. Nothing has changed at my end. I am also on superfast fibre optic broadband.

Can we please have the option to load the 32 bit version because the current version is a heap of junk!

• erwildcat likes this

#12 Ron Piskorik

Ron Piskorik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationFlorham Park, NJ

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:32 AM

I see the build number in steam is now 1091308, but the game still shows 1.3.9.3

It would be nice if the version number in the game would reflect that the game has been updated.  Why can't PP just add a letter to the version number every time there is an update like 1.3.9.3a?  Not everyone has automatic updates on or knows how to find the steam build number.  It would make it easier to know that everyone is playing the same version in multiplayer games.

Having unique version numbers would be useful fo PP when people are having problems.  They would know if the person had the latest version.  It just makes sense to be able to easily identify the version that you are playing.

• Richard likes this
Alienware Area 51 R2
Windows 10 Home (64bit)
Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Six Core (15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.9 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
Intel® X99 Chipset (Intel® DHX99 PCH)
32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 2133MHz SDRAM Memory
256GB SSD 6Gb/s Main
Centauri CPU heatsink
4TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti with 6GB GDDR5
Killer™ E2200 Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Card
Integrated Creative Labs Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Alienware™ 850 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW)
Logitech G810 Artemis Spectrum gaming keyboard
Dell 27 Gaming Monitor - S2716DG at 2560 X 1440
Logitech Gaming Mouse G502

3 Click PRO Level

#13 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:14 PM

This fix did nothing to the game.  All it did was add a small item to the PG Sim Console so that sky trak users could select left handed play in the PG Sim Console.  There were no updates to the game itself just to the content folder.  

The fact that people are reporting changes to the game itself  tells us that many of these issues with the stuttering swing meter must be steam related in some way as I reiterate this download did not change any of the game files at all

#14 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:15 PM

It would be nice if the version number in the game would reflect that the game has been updated.  Why can't PP just add a letter to the version number every time there is an update like 1.3.9.3a?  Not everyone has automatic updates on or knows how to find the steam build number.  It would make it easier to know that everyone is playing the same version in multiplayer games.

Having unique version numbers would be useful fo PP when people are having problems.  They would know if the person had the latest version.  It just makes sense to be able to easily identify the version that you are playing.

BECAUSE THE GAME DID NOT CHANGE

#15 jimst57

jimst57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationRhode Island USA

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:22 PM

But the stuttering has been for a long time.

I can't understand how there can be any stuttering when the meter dial is the ONLY thing moving on the screen with the option turned on to make it that way. I have a 4 core system with 16 G and a GTX970 graphics card, and the meter dial can't move smoothly?

I don't mean to sound offensive, I truly can't understand that. I love the game, but it is unplayable at times with the all around jerkiness and stuttering.

I don't see this in any other game I use. I use high end flight simulation software, other golf and racing games and all is smooth. I really think something needs to be optimized here.

• erwildcat and Golden Bear like this

#16 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

I don't see this in any other game I use. I use high end flight simulation software, other golf and racing games and all is smooth. I really think something needs to be optimized here.

I believe that the common denominator is that none of those games use Unity.

What needs more optimization is the Unity engine. ;)

-MERACE

#17 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

Hopefully now that the select few have been catered to with constant tweaks to difficulty settings and unneeded new swing types that have caused this mess, PG can now fix all the bugs this has caused along with this horrid stuttering issue on the 3 click meter. Until ALL the bugs have been addressed first no new features should be incorporated into the game.

“unneeded new swing types“? Are you serious? You really believe PG could have a future without a controller swing interface or a Realtime swing? 3-click won't cut it. We are not living in the 90ies.

The 3-click-stutter absolutely has to be sorted out. But without going to the consoles Pg will not be a financial success in the long run.
  • Ron Piskorik and MERACE like this

#18 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:20 PM

This fix did nothing to the game.  All it did was add a small item to the PG Sim Console so that sky trak users could select left handed play in the PG Sim Console.  There were no updates to the game itself just to the content folder.  

The fact that people are reporting changes to the game itself  tells us that many of these issues with the stuttering swing meter must be steam related in some way as I reiterate this download did not change any of the game files at all

So as they are a major partner of PG in that for many they provide access to the game are you talking to them urgently about the 3C issue ?

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#19 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:28 PM

I believe that the common denominator is that none of those games use Unity.

What needs more optimization is the Unity engine. ;)

Sure does feel that way...   :mellow:

#20 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:28 PM

Let calmer heads prevail. The developers have answered the question the OP was wanting to know. No need to get in fights over things unrelated. Most of us by now, and I am pretty new around here, have a good idea of where some opinions fall. Try and be professional and direct your comments to the development team without referencing other members as the cause of your woes. I think that would be a good way to move forward. We all have different priorities so it's more about how we communicate those priorities than the priorities themselves.

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users