Photo

Small update just installed - what is this?

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#141 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:29 PM

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your Graphics settings screen either here or in PM please? I am nowhere near that in Club Schwarz and would like to see if I am missing something. Wondering if your 8GB nVidia card is making such a difference because specs wise our machines are comparable.

Thanks in advance!

D,

I've tweaked them a bit more since my earlier post, but with below settings at Club Schwarzwald I get 51 FPS on 1st tee and 57 FPS on 2nd tee. When putting on 1st green got a bump up in to the 60's FPS.

DFLqTF6.png

• DivotMaker likes this

#142 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:20 PM

Daz,

Many thanks!

Pretty much same settings, but I am on Fullscreen and 1080p. Have Adaptive Lighting on General Settings Ultra High (Custom), Tree Quality 6.00 Shadow and Grass Object Distance same as you and Camera View Distance 1500....

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#143 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:13 AM

I want to provide a solution that worked for me. This may only be unique to me but is somewhat laughable. It does highlight the issue of a CPU bottleneck in presence of a nice GPU. I have a Haswell i5-4690@3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX970 FTW 4GB, and ASROCK Z97 Pro4 mobo. I was getting 7-15 FPS on Ultra settings on Augusta. I tried things like turning down Camera distance etc, without significant change. I have been getting like 30-35 on TGC with Ultra settings. I thought something must be wrong with my graphics card until I read about possible CPU bottleneck. I ran CPU-Z and found my core speed running at 799Mhz and multiplier of 8.0. No matter what program I ran, I was stuck at this speed. I went into BIOS and disabled Intel Speed Step. Now, processor runs max 3.5Mhz with 40 multiplier. FPS on Club Schwarzald is 70+ and Augusta is 40+ on Ultra, TGC is maxing at 60 with ultra. Something is not right between my mobo and processor and the speed step. Essentially, not increasing on demand. Not sure if I can correctly fix that but it seems to be a Haswell issue. Hope this helps someone. I had been essentially running a 0.8Ghz processor since September 2015. Face palm!

• remers likes this

#144 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:46 AM

Don't forget to check HIGH PERFORMANCE in Power Options under Control Panel.

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

#145 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:51 PM

D,

I've tweaked them a bit more since my earlier post, but with below settings at Club Schwarzwald I get 51 FPS on 1st tee and 57 FPS on 2nd tee. When putting on 1st green got a bump up in to the 60's FPS.

DFLqTF6.png

How are these for you on Augusta Tee #13?

That seems to be quite the torture test at the moment...

#146 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:25 PM

B,

Off the tee on 13 it peaks at around 30 FPS. Picks up as you go around the dogleg. It is currently the only hole I have played recently with these revised settings that gives me less than 45 FPS. So far, all courses are anything up to 75 FPS (where the FPS meter seems to be hitting a ceiling, as even with PRoS on, it doesn't go above 75).

#147 crazycorey44

crazycorey44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:23 PM

As far as I'm aware EA sport's golf isn't available on the PC. If we would have made the game for one spec of PC there are things we would have done differently but there are thousands of people who can play the game on lower spec systems that are glad we didn't.

People running PG on high spec machinery should have Vsync enabled (every frame) to help with meter stuttering when they play 3 click. In fact of you're using 'pause render' you should also think about enabling vsync for the same reason.

Microstutters in PC games are nothing new and some people pick up on them visually and some people don't. There are a million threads about micro stutters on games (google them) and the solutions vary from vsync to GPU drivers, halting background processes etc etc. There is no one solution for people who have that issue.

PG will never be all things to all people but then again it wasn't made that way. I'm happy that we are delivering the best golf simulation game available on the PC and we will continue to improve it up to and beyond the 'official' release.

Mike Jones, have you tried turning on Vsync to Every Frame enabled and use 3 click???  It does smooth out the meter, BUT the dang thing WILL NOT STOP THE METER at the exact same time as when you click. It always goes past the snap line 1/4 of an inch or so, a delayed reaction, it has always been this way ever since I joined in Feb of 2015. I have tested this theory for hours, believe me it is a true statement. Go try 3 click out with Vsync Every Frame enabled and take 5 swings, and then go try 3 click with Vsync diabled and take 5 swings, you will see what I mean. With it disabled it will stop it at the precise time as when you click, but not with Vsync on.

I also want to ask, why is it that Five Sisters (file size 332MB) runs smooth on 3 click, even with sliders on graphics turned up, yet Wingedfoot (file size 268MB), Augusta (file size 286MB), and Merion (file size 298MB) all 3 have a terrible meter for 3 click even with the sliders on graphic settings all the way down? Those last 3 courses have a bad meter especially in multiplayer game mode, but still not great in single player game mode either. Merion and Wingedfoot area bit worse than Augusta. I know they are from 2 different course designers, Kablammo11 on Five Sisters and Slewin on the other 3, but wouldn't you think that Five Sisters with all the background graphics it has to offer and being the bigger file size would be a worse 3 click meter than those other 3? I like Slewin's 3 courses, but that 3 click meter is horrid on them, even with the Pause Render on Swing turned ON and 0 on trees, 0 on grass, 0 on shadows and 500 on cam view dist.

It just doesn't make sense to me that every graphic - trees, ball flight, waterfalls, everything on the game runs smooth as silk, but yet that 3 click Power Meter is the only thing that is ever jerky or stuttery. It's like the power meter has been graphically designed totally seperate compared to all it's surroundings, because the game's surroundings act normal as all get out compared to that power meter sitting on the same screen.

CrazyCorey44 2016 OGT Olympic Champ

i7-6700k  oc@4.60GHZ
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO Z170 
CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 4x4GB DDR4 2133
XFX Radeon R9 290X 8GB DirectX-11.2 DDR5 512-bit
Noctua NH-D15 cpu cooler
ViewSonic 144Hz Monitor 
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit DX 12

#148 crazycorey44

crazycorey44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:43 PM

I may be wrong about the Vsync not clicking when i click, It must have been fixed since i used it last, about 2 months ago, it seems to be working better now with it on. Sorry for the pervious post about Vsync

CrazyCorey44 2016 OGT Olympic Champ

i7-6700k  oc@4.60GHZ
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO Z170 
CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 4x4GB DDR4 2133
XFX Radeon R9 290X 8GB DirectX-11.2 DDR5 512-bit
Noctua NH-D15 cpu cooler
ViewSonic 144Hz Monitor 
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit DX 12

#149 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:52 PM

Whilst reading these posts I checked and found CPU 1, 3, 5 and were denoted as parked.

Switched to playing PG and those CPU's remained parked. My understanding was that tyhese CPU's would spark into life when a heavier load needed to be carried.

a). Did I get that wrong.

B). Is my rig failing to ignite the spark.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#150 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:39 PM

V Sync remains a No-No. The time between clicking and the meter actually hitting remains substantial. 

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

#151 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:03 PM

google  abit , clubcaptain.

in some cases cores need to be unparked , there are methods for that.

its too long ago for me to remember, but it cna be found via google.

parked cores is not good.

good luck             

#152 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:24 PM

I followed Mpags advice above and disabled Intel's Speedstep and it seemed to help quite a bit.  My GPU is now under far less load and I'm getting decent results.  I'm still dropping to mid 20's on the 13th tee at August but everywhere else I'm well above 30 if not into the 50's and this is on Ultra with draw distance reduced to 1,000 and dynamic sky turned off.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#153 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:37 PM

google  abit , clubcaptain.

in some cases cores need to be unparked , there are methods for that.

its too long ago for me to remember, but it cna be found via google.

parked cores is not good.

good luck             

Did just that and found some info' I could understand (not a lot !). However, my question was about parked cores and this game. I just wanted confirmation that 1, 3 and 5 should become unparked when firing up PG...Or does it not matter. If it matters I'll take another look at it. Until then I don't really want to be messing about with things on my system that I really don't understand.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#154 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:01 PM

Spoke to two local repair shops I know and they both felt that in many cases parked  cores was application specific. Therefore in some cases the code is written to only use the primary core for example.

So as I was asking about this game, the mystery might be solved if the devs let us know how the PG code affects/ doesn't affect parked cores.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users