143 replies to this topic

#141 Kevin G.

Kevin G.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

Hello again Gents,

My, you Gents are on the ball here!  Not now . . . RIGHT NOW! 

I created the file in Word and saved it as a txt file.  Verified.

The file has been placed in the config folder for PG.  There isn't another autoexec file in that folder . . .  I just created this one.  Verified.

I had not created this file before now, as such: it didn't 'work before', as it didn't exist before now.

The file name is: autoexec.cfg    Verified.

Scratching head . . . hmmmmm.

Again . . . thanks!  I would really like to be able to see the darn meter over sand and water.

Kevin G.

#142 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:38 PM

Try copy & past the contents of the file using notepad.  Save as a "txt" file & exit.  Change the extension of the file to "cfg".

If that doesn't work, I'll post my file and you can delete the stuff that you don't need.

#143 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

If you didn't delete the txt and replace it with cfg then you have actually created a file called autoexec.cfg.txt but you can't see the .txt extension because you have file extensions hidden. These are hidden by default on Windows. Google 'show file extensions' to find out how to do this.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#144 Kevin G.

Kevin G.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:21 PM

Ahhhhh . . .

That worked just dandy!   Had no clue about 'hidden file extensions'.  You were right, it was saved as a .cfg.txt file and I could not see that.

Now I can edit with my colors if I want.  I will try the color you configured first.

THANKS A BUNCH GENTS!!!  :D

Perhaps now I will have a gasp of a chance getting out of sand traps!  (don't hold your breath): I am a definite Hacker, but enjoy the game a great deal.

Kevin G.   THANKS!!!!!

P.S.  Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy was/is a dang funny movie . . . loved it.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users