Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:36 PM

No luck. I did this.

Open Notepad

copied and pasted color up and down values from Crushers yellow/blue.

Saved File Name as   autoexec.cfg

Chose "Save as Type"   All Files

Saved to desktop.

Now copied that file and pasted it into the Config section of PG and it looks like this. Fired up game,  However, it doesn't work. Where did I go wrong?

picture002.jpg

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#22 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:49 PM

paste the text from your cfg here.

#23 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:55 PM

picture004.jpg

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#24 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:19 AM

Is there anyway to use this file to set the in-game swing meter sensitivity?

And no, this is not for cheating.

I like my setting on 1.4 but this figure will not save. The nearest figure I get that saves is 1.2

I am fed up of changing this value every time I start the game.

Thanks.

#25 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:03 AM

picture004.jpg

Hard to tell since the pic is a bit blurred, but its supposed to be 2 dashes --

#26 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:30 PM

Ahh let me try that, I removed one of the dashes thinking it was an error...Thanks and I'll report back..

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#27 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:40 PM

Eureka! Thanks Mulligan, looks like it was the 2dashes at the beginning. It's kind of misleading in Crushers first post because it doesn't show 2 dashes in front, so I removed one but all good now and thanks again.. :D

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#28 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:09 PM

Glad you solved it, but thats why i suggested go from Mike's cfg  to start with.

#29 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

Hey guys, what is the console command to show fps?

#30 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

I am going to add these instruction to the original post as well.

Very Important:  You need to make sure your swing choice in the game is set to Swing Meter for the new autoexec.cfg to work.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#31 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:36 PM

IMO, all of the changes being talked about in this thread should be available in the normal game UI. Too many people that use computers just don't understand or want to understand file construction and placement.

While none of the changes being discussed in this thread have any competitiveness impacts, I'm not convinced that the console doesn't contain some items that could be modified to gain an advantage. I've stated my position before, the console should be locked and unavailable to users for change. All changes should only be available through the game UI.

Agreed.  A User interface (UI) in Game Settings for the Swing Meter Colors would make this far more appealing to golfers.

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#32 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:10 PM

Is there anyway to use this file to set the in-game swing meter sensitivity?

And no, this is not for cheating.

I like my setting on 1.4 but this figure will not save. The nearest figure I get that saves is 1.2

I am fed up of changing this value every time I start the game.

Thanks.

Certainly, you can.  I've adjusted a couple of other things just for the heck of it (even though I rarely use them).  Simply add it to your autoexec.cfg file, with the two dashes to start the line.

--game_ms_sens 1.4

--game_ms_puttingsens 1.4

#33 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:21 PM

Certainly, you can.  I've adjusted a couple of other things just for the heck of it (even though I rarely use them).  Simply add it to your autoexec.cfg file, with the two dashes to start the line.

--game_ms_sens 1.4

Excellent and many thanks Armand. Gonna give it a go now.

#34 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:40 PM

--game_ms_sens 1.4

so is that for mouse sensitivity? I'm not saying that it is a cheat and I'm certainly not implying you are trying to cheat but isn't this the slippery slope that Richard was referring to? If you can manipulate the mouse or the controller offline swing sensitivity( I have no clue if this is what can be done) then I would think that would be an advantage though. yes I realize some mice and controllers have software that allows for this too but I also saw a few posts saying that it wasn't kosher or at least some felt it wasn't. 

I have to also agree with Richard in the fact some just are not comfortable making changes to game files and so while they struggle with the stock colors of the meter for visibility others that do know their way around  pc files have the advantage of being able to see the meter easier and thus  probably be more accurate, So again is that fair?

Not trying to accuse anyone of any wrong doing but I'm sure more then myself have thought this to themselves.         

#35 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 06:44 PM

so is that for mouse sensitivity? I'm not saying that it is a cheat and I'm certainly not implying you are trying to cheat but isn't this the slippery slope that Richard was referring to?

That makes the mouse sensitivity slider in the game menu a cheat then, also.

#36 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:11 PM

The console commands that we're adding into the autoexec file simply change the settings that are available in the game.  Some of them do not have a toggle or slider in the options (like the F5 camera sensitivity), but anyone could enter the console and discover these settings themselves.  The autoexec.cfg file saves the user from entering the commands in the console each time they start a game. 

Yes, this could be the edge of a slippery slope, especially if players start adjusting settings that make game play easier.  As an example, I looked into the settings and found one regarding 'spin decay'.  I think, obviously, changing that would be considered cheating.  However, I am unable to change that setting from the console or from within options of the game.  That leads me to believe that PP have allowed the console settings to change for certain aspects and options within the game (color of the meter, speed of F5 camera), but not for other settings (especially difficulty settings).  I don't know this for a fact, but it's what I've deduced from testing things in the console.

Whether access to the console is cheating, I don't know.  It doesn't appear to be so, since you can't seem to change anything you want - it seems you can only change the things PP allow you to.  PP must believe access to the console isn't cheating, since it was raised during early access and the console remains available after game release.

EDIT:  And if it's considered cheating to make the meter more easily seen by players (may have color blindness or other sight impairments or simply a different preference), doesn't that level the field with those without such sight impairments?  I'm a bit on the fence, but definitely leaning far toward the console not being a "cheat".

Edited by Armand, 15 May 2016 - 07:15 PM.

#37 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:27 PM

That makes the mouse sensitivity slider in the game menu a cheat then, also.

Haha, that's what I was thinking.

#38 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:36 PM

The console commands that we're adding into the autoexec file simply change the settings that are available in the game.  Some of them do not have a toggle or slider in the options (like the F5 camera sensitivity), but anyone could enter the console and discover these settings themselves.  The autoexec.cfg file saves the user from entering the commands in the console each time they start a game. 

Yes, this could be the edge of a slippery slope, especially if players start adjusting settings that make game play easier.  As an example, I looked into the settings and found one regarding 'spin decay'.  I think, obviously, changing that would be considered cheating.  However, I am unable to change that setting from the console or from within options of the game.  That leads me to believe that PP have allowed the console settings to change for certain aspects and options within the game (color of the meter, speed of F5 camera), but not for other settings (especially difficulty settings).  I don't know this for a fact, but it's what I've deduced from testing things in the console.

Whether access to the console is cheating, I don't know.  It doesn't appear to be so, since you can't seem to change anything you want - it seems you can only change the things PP allow you to.  PP must believe access to the console isn't cheating, since it was raised during early access and the console remains available after game release.

EDIT:  And if it's considered cheating to make the meter more easily seen by players (may have color blindness or other sight impairments or simply a different preference), doesn't that level the field with those without such sight impairments?  I'm a bit on the fence, but definitely leaning far toward the console not being a "cheat".

I would like to think that the highlighted portion of the quote is correct. However, now that I'm seen the game hijacked, played for free and/or hijacked and available on the internet at a 3rd party site at a lesser price, I really wonder how much security has been incorporated in PG. With the small size of the development team and all of the functionality work involved, I'm not surprised that security was probably not a very high priority. Unfortunately, I think that now the development team has been taken away from game fixes and enhancements to spend time to lockdown the game. That lockdown, imho, should include the console if for no other reason to be on the safe side. I'm afraid that as distasteful as it is, that cheating is a fact and one must do whatever is practical to minimize the ability. I'm not naive enough to believe that it can be eradicated completely.

Richard

Posted Image

#39 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:57 PM

There's no reason to be concerned about Console access.

The key variables are locked down and unalterable by the Console.  Even some of the things you can access in the console don't actually take to your new variables as they are locked elsewhere in the code.

I personally want the Console access to remain (as well as the custom CFG file option for tweaking on load) so that we have more options to suit our preferences that don't require the Devs to implement them for everyone and/or on every platform (at some point).

#40 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:01 PM

I agree that changing the meter color should be available but as I mentioned some are not comfortable with mucking with files so therefore either they try to do it and possibly mess something up or stick with the stock meter color. As Richard mentioned if the options were available in the settings tab for the meter color, camera speed etc then messing with exe file wouldn't be necessary. That I think would be the better route for all concerned and since it was in the game settings then everyone would be able to do it. It would also help eliminate the image of anyone manipulating anything to get an advantage.        

• Richard likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users