#41 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:04 PM

I agree that changing the meter color should be available but as I mentioned some are not comfortable with mucking with files so therefore either they try to do it and possibly mess something up or stick with the stock meter color. As Richard mentioned if the options were available in the settings tab for the meter color, camera speed etc then messing with exe file wouldn't be necessary. That I think would be the better route for all concerned and since it was in the game settings then everyone would be able to do it. It would also help eliminate the image of anyone manipulating anything to get an advantage.        

Thanks for understanding my position. The changes should be easily available for all without the need for any technical knowledge. Sorry if I sound paranoid, but I just don't believe in blind trust. 

Richard

Posted Image

#42 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:05 PM

.... would also help eliminate the image of anyone manipulating anything to get an advantage.

Nobody is getting an advantage guys.
Please stop even suggesting that. It's incorrect.

The "image" of that happening is only through continuing to spread that incorrect suggestion.

#43 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

Look the reality is the developers will never be able to make all the options suit everybody's preferences. It is a great benefit they are offering for those that are technically inclined to be able to deviate from their choices and to be able to load their own configuration for certain things.

The alternative is that they make the decisions for every little preference and we live with only their choices.

I sure don't want that myself - to each their own I guess.

#44 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:41 PM

Nobody is getting an advantage guys.
Please stop even suggesting that. It's incorrect.

The "image" of that happening is only through continuing to spread that incorrect suggestion.

I disagree.  It is all about the image or preconception that files can and are being manipulated period. A tweak made by a certain player or players that is made beyond or outside the games intended basic controls then the suspicion of changing files to gains an advantage exists.    Not everyone has the ability or are even willing to try to change the swing meter color.  Ask those folks what they think.  

I have changed my swing meter color to more closely resemble the old Links 2003 swing meter. Why because I am very comfortable with that color combination.   Used it for years.  Is that not a minute advantage over someone who does not have an ability or is not willing to change the colors for their own comfort.  I think it is an advantage in a way. Don't get me wrong I still have to hit snap to execute a good shot.   So my advantage is not game code related but it is an advantage.  More comfortable = advantage.  

Just my 2 cents or 1 euro.  :)

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#45 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

I disagree.  It is all about the image or preconception that files can and are being manipulated period. A tweak made by a certain player or players that is made beyond or outside the games intended basic controls then the suspicion of changing files to gains an advantage exists.    Not everyone has the ability or are even willing to try to change the swing meter color.  Ask those folks what they think.  

I have changed my swing meter color to more closely resemble the old Links 2003 swing meter. Why because I am very comfortable with that color combination.   Used it for years.  Is that not a minute advantage over someone who does not have an ability or is not willing to change the colors for their own comfort.  I think it is an advantage in a way. Don't get me wrong I still have to hit snap to execute a good shot.   So my advantage is not game code related but it is an advantage.  More comfortable = advantage.  

So should we all play on the same size monitors or play with the same in game graphic settings? Should we all use the same player camera? Should we all use the same player shirt colour? All these are options which make the player comfortable in the game environment.

If I'm more comfortable on a 32" screen instead of a 24" screen, am I gaining an unfair advantage because it makes me feel more comfortable, like your meter colour change to replicate the Links 2003 scheme?

I'm sure in time, the meter colour change will become an in game option within the UI, but for now the Devs have made the option editable via the console or .cfg file. Will you still deem it an unfair advantage for some when the option is available to all?

• cajuncapgun, granite00 and mebby like this

#46 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:03 PM

Ok. Guys. Have at it.

I simply have no more energy left for this level of paranoia about absolute equality down to the micro level.

Just as a final point…

There is simply no way to "cheat" using the console so if we could at least please dispel that myth that would be wonderful. I am specifically referring to the fact that you can't tweak any of the swing variables in any way not already allowed in the standard preferences GUI.

#47 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:13 PM

Well maybe I'm not as paranoid as I thought.  :D I don't consider any of the items such as camera speed or meter color to be any form of advantage.  Buck may be right, but until either Andrew or Mike post, that there are absolutely no console parameters that can be changed that allow for an advantage of one player over another, I continue to believe the console should be locked and only changes available through the game's UI, that is readily available to all, be allowed. 

Richard

Posted Image

#48 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:50 PM

There are bots out there that can do anything, just waiting to be created by some unscrupulous coder. All it takes is a little clever hex-editing and/or memory manipulation by a skilled hacker and you could get aces on every hole.

Another point I've made in the past is, no matter what game, if you are playing multiplayer PC games you are going to have cheaters. That will never change. The only way to play golf without cheaters is to play in real life on a real course with real grass. Everyone should keep this in mind before they get bent out of shape about something that has been going on since the first internet multiplayer shooter games in the mid 90's.

If someone's cheating, leave that game and find your trusted friends. The console is the least of your worries.

#49 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:03 PM

There are bots out there that can do anything, just waiting to be created by some unscrupulous coder. All it takes is a little clever hex-editing and/or memory manipulation by a skilled hacker and you could get aces on every hole.

Another point I've made in the past is, no matter what game, if you are playing multiplayer PC games you are going to have cheaters. That will never change. The only way to play golf without cheaters is to play in real life on a real course with real grass. Everyone should keep this in mind before they get bent out of shape about something that has been going on since the first internet multiplayer shooter games in the mid 90's.

If someone's cheating, leave that game and find your trusted friends. The console is the least of your worries.

This!!

Couldn't agree more.  I'll leave it up to OGT and PP to find and deal with the cheaters.  I won't let cheaters ruin my enjoyment of the game by constantly worrying about who's doing what.

• cajuncapgun likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#50 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:50 PM

Well said mebby , but hopefully the devs and ogt admins can get feedback from a players round i.e their ratios ect there is no way a player can get constant perfect shots every shot,But a good cheater will maybe make a few bad shots to hide his excellence :lol:

#51 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:54 AM

Well said mebby , but hopefully the devs and ogt admins can get feedback from a players round i.e their ratios ect there is no way a player can get constant perfect shots every shot,But a good cheater will maybe make a few bad shots to hide his excellence :lol:

Totally agree.

I hope the data for every shot is or will be available to the tournament admins during play or to review after rounds if something fishy is happening.

It would be kind of cool to have that information available to the player afterwards as well to see a record of the shot stats.  

Not only ratios for mouse swingers, but you'd want to record path and offset numbers too.  

#52 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:35 AM

Super Awesome Crusher, thanks for that, as I was just finding out there is no "autoconfig"..

Peace

Happy to help. I think it will become a part of the UI in the game, eventually.  Not everyone likes to tinker with game files and folders.

β›³                          πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                             πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ                              β›³

xqc8g0-2.png

πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                                                       πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

β›³                          πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                             πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ                              β›³

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#53 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:53 AM

As i said I'm not insinuating anyone is cheating or even trying to cheat. It is the "perception" that if you can mess with this file or that file what is really saying it can't be done with other files. Like I said my real issue is that while some are comfortable with tinkering with files there are others that are not. So if they had meter color, move meter, mouse sensitivity, camera edits for speed, angle, position (which obviously is do able since you can do it by changing files) instead they could just put shortcuts that point those things to the settings menu then wouldn't this be the same as the user changing files? Everyone would have access to it and be able to enjoy it. Just saying.       

• Richard likes this

#54 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:16 AM

I edited the other locations of this Color Scheme for Yellow Up/Blue Down. But here it is again.

--cam_sensX=.5

--cam_sensY=0.2

--cam_forwardSpeed=2

--cam_sideSpeed=1

--cam_upSpeed=.1

--game_upColor=255,255,0,199

--game_downColor=51,51,255

http://vid1373.photo...zpspzif0nst.mp4

xqc8g0-2.png

πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                                                       πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#55 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:26 AM

Thanks man. I'll give it a go.. :)

• Crusher likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#56 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:00 AM

As i said I'm not insinuating anyone is cheating or even trying to cheat. It is the "perception" that if you can mess with this file or that file what is really saying it can't be done with other files. Like I said my real issue is that while some are comfortable with tinkering with files there are others that are not. So if they had meter color, move meter, mouse sensitivity, camera edits for speed, angle, position (which obviously is do able since you can do it by changing files) instead they could just put shortcuts that point those things to the settings menu then wouldn't this be the same as the user changing files? Everyone would have access to it and be able to enjoy it. Just saying.       

Just to clarify, the settings that I asked for purely allow me to change the mouse swing sensitivity which I currently do via the in-game menus. These menus are available to all players. If the game saved my settings, I would not need this config file (which incidently I have not yet got to work). Every time I log into the game, I have to change the mouse sensitivity from 1.2 to 1.4 (my preference) and I am getting hacked off with having to do this every time.

#57 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:47 AM

What if you set it at 1.5..for me it stays there, so it gets saved.

Did you verify the game? via steam.

Maybe a permissions issue...i seen that happen with some ppl with fsx.

About settings i do think they should have these settings in options too.

Many ppl seem very puterignorant, so that would be more user-friendly.

#58 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:49 PM

I edited the other locations of this Color Scheme for Yellow Up/Blue Down. But here it is again.

--cam_sensX=.5

--cam_sensY=0.2

--cam_forwardSpeed=2

--cam_sideSpeed=1

--cam_upSpeed=.1

--game_upColor=255,255,0,199

--game_downColor=51,51,255

http://vid1373.photo...zpspzif0nst.mp4

Works perfect! Thank ya kindly..

• Crusher likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#59 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:25 PM

What if you set it at 1.5..for me it stays there, so it gets saved.
Did you verify the game? via steam.
Maybe a permissions issue...i seen that happen with some ppl with fsx.

About settings i do think they should have these settings in options too.
Many ppl seem very puterignorant, so that would be more user-friendly.

Why would I put it at 1.5 when my preferred option is 1.4?
When I put it on 1.4 and log out, next log in it goes to 1.3. If I log out (with it on 1.3) the next login it goes to 1.2 - this value saves on subsequent login's. I have several other values within the settings that dont save either. They have been reported before but have not been fixed yet.
As for verifying game files - I think this is a load of rubbish really. I have done this many times (normally when having some sort of issue) and every single time it has verified successfully, without ever showing anything that may be related to the problem.

#60 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:54 AM

Well, did you report in the bug forum??? Under a seperate header, you cant expect them to read all posts.

Not sure if the devs seen it. it sure is a bug that needs fixing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users