#21 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:50 PM

Troon, does actually have a two clubs, one for men and one for women. So they do allow women members, just not in the one club, although there are discussions ongoing at Troon with regards to setting wheels in motion for the memberships to merge and have a membership like many 'normal' golf clubs do.

BBC website (2 days ago)

Royal Troon Golf Club is consulting members over whether to end its men-only membership policy.

The Ayrshire club, which is hosting this year's Open, shares its facilities with Ladies' Golf Club Troon but both have separate clubhouses.

To me, that's almost as bad as just flat out not allowing women.  

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#22 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:56 PM

Wow really? This is in a developed country??

Female MP/President:

Great Britain: 1

USA: 0

====

Former Female Foreign Minister Member:

Muirfileld (Great Britain) : 0

Augusta National: (USA) : 1

(..oh man ...The Scots will kill me now ..... :) ...... and the Republicans  ??? )

#23 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:07 PM

To me, that's almost as bad as just flat out not allowing women.  

I agree, but at least unlike Muirfield, they do allow women to play.

I think with what is going on after all the Muirfield fallout, Royal Troon committee men will be pushing for their members to accept the vote that women should be allowed as members in the same club and use the same clubhouse.

#24 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:46 AM

If nothing else make a putting course for the (call it Little Muirfield) while their men go out and play.

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#25 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:19 AM

this only shows golfers are very very traditional ppl.

And since its(the culbs) governed by the rich and wealthy, these peeps are not renowned for equality.   heheheheh amasing really.

I think it will change in time. Municipal courses are way better there.

#26 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:16 PM

Regards the vote, there were 647 members who were eligible to vote.

616 actually voted (not sure why there were 31 abstainers, but they effectively become a NO vote).

Of the 616 votes cast, 397 voted YES to allow women members and 219 voted NO. The number required for the vote to be passed was 432.

#27 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:27 PM

Regards the vote, there were 647 members who were eligible to vote.

616 actually voted (not sure why there were 31 abstainers, but they effectively become a NO vote).

Of the 616 votes cast, 397 voted YES to allow women members and 219 voted NO. The number required for the vote to be passed was 432.

Then there are at LEAST 219 morons that are members of that club.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#28 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:05 PM

It has been nice to see many of the Pros coming out in support of Muirfield being pulled.

Most of them are younger, more progressive and "get it" that we are in a new era now.

Muirfield is free to have any kind of private club they'd like, but a tour is also free to pull them from the rotation if they would prefer to live in the past.
  • karma4u likes this

#29 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:00 AM

It has been nice to see many of the Pros coming out in support of Muirfield being pulled.

Most of them are younger, more progressive and "get it" that we are in a new era now.

Muirfield is free to have any kind of private club they'd like, but a tour is also free to pull them from the rotation if they would prefer to live in the past.

This, imo, is the absolute perfect response....It is, after all, a private club...

There are still many clubs, spas and gyms that only allow female members..just sayin'...but very true.... :o  ...yup..

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#30 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:48 AM

There is nothing worse than being stuck behind 4 women on a golf course who can't hit a golf ball it is much worse than being stuck behind 4 men who can't hit a golf ball at least the men let you play through, The women don't seem to know the meaning of play through

I dont know,there are very few ladies play at my course.its a nice to see them out playing..better than looking at men allday..lol..the ladies I came across has always been friendly ..

#31 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:05 PM

No worries, as soon as Mr. Trump becomes our next President, Trump Turnberrry, will be back..Or not, maybe he won't allow it, who knows..

Boy, it's really funny how the bosses love to take Donalds words out of context... Go Donald go..

Guess I'm not supposed to get political but couldn't help it, if a dev wants to remove my reply go ahead but that still won't get rid of Mr. Trump... ;)

Edited by axe360, 22 May 2016 - 03:17 PM.

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#32 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:05 PM

No worries, as soon as Mr. Trump becomes our next President, Trump Troon, will be back..Or not, maybe he won't allow it, who knows..

Boy, it's really funny how the bosses love to take Donalds words out of context... Go Donald go..

Guess I'm not supposed to get political but couldn't help it, if a dev wants to remove my reply go ahead but that still won't get rid of Mr. Trump... ;)

Which course is this then? As far as I'm aware. Donald Trump has no affiliation to Royal Troon.

Also some of the things he said, one of which caused Turnberry to be temporarily removed from the Open roster by the R&A could hardly have been taken out of context.

#33 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:14 PM

The one you referred to in post #15. Sorry I meant Turnberry... I edited my earlier..

Oh you mean the part where for instance, they want to claim Mr. Trump wants to ban all Muslims from the country?

You really mean he said he wants to,TEMPORARLY HALT IMMIGRATION UNTIL WE CAN PROPERLY VET THESE IMMIGRANTS?

Oh no, they don't take anything out of context.. Give me a break. The USA has every right to protect it's people first. Even the FBI says we can't properly vet ppl. Once we can, they can come back in.. We love immigrants, LEGAL IMMIGRANTS..

As I said I will not have an open debate in the forums but the USA has every right to protect itself, doesn't mean we are against immigration or that we are racists.. I just don't like it when they leave words out of  his comments...

Sorry for going off topic...

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#34 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

Not sure what the waiting list is at the venues in question esp Muirfield but I suspect it is a number of years even for male prospective members (no pun intended).  What amuses me is how the press (here in the UK) have really got their teeth into this.  When I first heard this story I assumed that females were not allowed to play on the course or even set foot in the clubhouse - I was wrong on both counts.  Women are allowed to play with members or by applying in the same way to play as I, being a non-member, would have to do by applying in writing.

I would expect to see this vote being reversed at some point this year by the management at Muirfield ( at their AGM ordinary or extraordinary) and then we can have this great course back on the rota.  And when the first female member finally makes it to the year when they have served their waiting period I just hope that the additional issue of blackballing does cause another furore.

My personal view is that the Muirfield male members have shot themselves in the foot as the  loss of  'Open Course' status will have a financial effect in the years to come.  

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#35 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:12 PM

I don't think Muirfield was due to host again for several more years anyway.... it wouldn't surprise me if another, ahem, "vote" happened about the time their next turn came up.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#36 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:19 AM

I don't think Muirfield was due to host again for several more years anyway.... it wouldn't surprise me if another, ahem, "vote" happened about the time their next turn came up.

This is most likely to happen.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#37 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:31 AM

:rolleyes: ..OMG, the so called righteous indignation that the odd person is espousing amazes me.....Sadly...DONT any of you want your own space??

The membership of every club is entitled to vote any way they wish....for whatever.....

Hey, some of us may think that they are backward...not PROGRESSIVE ??...hmm...now that's a word...

Remember Augusta and Tiger??..not many years ago.....

There are many clubs, spas and gyms that are female only...Personally, i don't see anything wrong with that......

I think that everyone regardless of...gender, race or religion...needs their own space.....

So, while i don't necessarily agree with the membership at Muirfield......it is their right....JMO...

• Richard likes this

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#38 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:10 AM

:rolleyes: ..OMG, the so called righteous indignation that the odd person is espousing amazes me.....Sadly...DONT any of you want your own space??

The membership of every club is entitled to vote any way they wish....for whatever.....

Hey, some of us may think that they are backward...not PROGRESSIVE ??...hmm...now that's a word...

Remember Augusta and Tiger??..not many years ago.....

There are many clubs, spas and gyms that are female only...Personally, i don't see anything wrong with that......

I think that everyone regardless of...gender, race or religion...needs their own space.....

So, while i don't necessarily agree with the membership at Muirfield......it is their right....JMO...

This is a very closed minded viewpoint in my personal opinion.  Why would one feel the need to exclude women (or any other bias) from their club?  What's the point exactly?

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#39 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:20 AM

This is a very closed minded viewpoint in my personal opinion.  Why would one feel the need to exclude women (or any other bias) from their club?  What's the point exactly?

Is there really anything wrong with a 'boys' night out or a 'girls' night out? I see nothing wrong or discriminatory with a bunch of guys getting together for male only companionship. Conversely, I see absolutely nothing wrong with woman doing the same. Things have gotten so out of hand in the discriminatory area that we know have people able to use restrooms based on how they feel about their sexuality on any particular day. That, to me, is much more disconcerting, than whether one sex or the other have an exclusive club or organization. I still believe in individual rights, sorry.

Richard

Posted Image

#40 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:24 AM

Is there really anything wrong with a 'boys' night out or a 'girls' night out? I see nothing wrong or discriminatory with a bunch of guys getting together for male only companionship. Conversely, I see absolutely nothing wrong with woman doing the same. Things have gotten so out of hand in the discriminatory area that we know have people able to use restrooms based on how they feel about their sexuality on any particular day. That, to me, is much more disconcerting, than whether one sex or the other have an exclusive club or organization. I still believe in individual rights, sorry.

Equating a boys night out or a girls night out to a club that excludes women is a gross over simplification.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users