24 replies to this topic

#1 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:19 PM

I have noticed that it is getting harder to pick up a casual game from the lobby.Lots of players are only playing with their friends,this is not good from a new players prospective.I had a guy new to the game and he would like to play more online games but he is finding it hard to get players to join his game.I am not new i told him and i also have the same issue.I explained that there are lots of tournaments running at OGT and a lot of players are playing them.He also told me he tried to join a few games and was kicked without explaination,this is not good for JNPG,

• Hammerfest likes this

#2 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:34 PM

Tell him to join OGT teamspeak.   Lots of guys play their rounds and fun matches in multiplayer in OGT teamspeak. 

• Fairwayman likes this

#3 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:07 AM

I have noticed that it is getting harder to pick up a casual game from the lobby.Lots of players are only playing with their friends,this is not good from a new players prospective.I had a guy new to the game and he would like to play more online games but he is finding it hard to get players to join his game.I am not new i told him and i also have the same issue.I explained that there are lots of tournaments running at OGT and a lot of players are playing them.He also told me he tried to join a few games and was kicked without explaination,this is not good for JNPG,

There's too much segmenting of the community going on, at present.

However, if the developers introduced muliplayer ratings, it could turn this all around.

Another user suggested the Elo system; which, seems like it could work, here.

The beauty of having player ratings, is that no rating is safe. It compels players to venture out beyond the party they've become accustom to... and play to improve and defend their ratings.

Of course, there will always be players that don't care a lick about ratings. So, they will just continue to play within the same group as they always have. Which is perfectly fine, too.

But, in the Elo rating system, for instance, you cannot gain very much by playing the same users over and over again.

Most video games have player ratings, and high-score leaderboards; which adds a lot of purpose to playing multiplayer.

Surely, at the very least, a multiplayer golf game should attach a player's average to their avatar; so that we can set up team games as fairly as possible.

So long as the game continues to lack purpose, the community will continue to seek purpose elsewhere.

#4 Hammerfest

Hammerfest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:25 AM

Nice tip, zmax-tip.  But not the answer for the main problem which maxie described. He described that it´s hard to find co-players  in the lobby, not in tournaments. And that is fact. You can wait a long time to see an "open" game.  At least from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CET it´s hard to find one.  It should be possible to play there. Entering an open game or offering a game should be succesfull as a first step.

Reason? Main reason: few man playing this game.  Reason 2: Most people working at this time. Reason 3. The remaining few players are in Private games or in tournaments......

Solution? - We should have more players. If there would be 500 players in the lobby instead of 50 (or less) the chance to find an open game would increase, I´m sure.

How to get more players?  Stop. That´s the job of the men who want to earn money with this game. I don´t want to come across their marketing.   

#5 Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

"There's too much segmenting of the community going on, at present."

I was scoffed at when early on I said enforcing difficulty levels on other players would do this.  I told you so...  Yet I recall some even wanting to enforce swing types on others.  If this is added, say goodbye to ever finding a round quickly.

#6 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:51 PM

The game by design is segmented. Hell the game of golf starts out by deciding what tee box you want to play from, God forbid if someone has to play from the whites," oh no I play from the tips", sound familliar? It is up to The individual to play the way he or she wants.But remeber It Is only segmented if you let it be.. The problem is the individual golfer on this game has found where he or she plays best then doesn't want to budge from those settings.. These types of players usually just worry about winning and wont last long in the multi player pick up game world... One has to be flexible when it comes to multi player games. If not one may just have to wait a while for 1 to come along to his or her liking.. I personaly play anything and seem to find A game when ever I want...

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#7 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:32 PM

True sliceapottomus but the fact is with only 100 or less players in the lobby some have their friends and they will only play with their friends.Example just now played a 2 some with killershane went to a rematch i set it for 2 players.Before he could  join papou31 joined so i reset for 3 players.We were on the 8th hole and papou decides to exit although he was winning no excuse.We waited to see if he would rejoin and finish as it was a really good game , maybe 3- 4 minutes.I check the lobby and he is in another game , if only he told us he was going to have to leave and play with his friend all was fine but to have us waiting was total BS!!! You will find a game because you have been playing from early access,the new players are hosting games no players are joining and when they join a game they are being kicked

#8 JBrown247

JBrown247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:44 PM

ya, the hacker babies get mad when you won't let them in your pro game #derp 

#9 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:56 PM

True sliceapottomus but the fact is with only 100 or less players in the lobby some have their friends and they will only play with their friends.Example just now played a 2 some with killershane went to a rematch i set it for 2 players.Before he could  join papou31 joined so i reset for 3 players.We were on the 8th hole and papou decides to exit although he was winning no excuse.We waited to see if he would rejoin and finish as it was a really good game , maybe 3- 4 minutes.I check the lobby and he is in another game , if only he told us he was going to have to leave and play with his friend all was fine but to have us waiting was total BS!!! You will find a game because you have been playing from early access,the new players are hosting games no players are joining and when they join a game they are being kicked

You won't find that crap in OGT teamspeak.  

• maxie likes this

#10 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:01 PM

ya, the hacker babies get mad when you won't let them in your pro game #derp 

I dont know what to make of this but the game was set for all i was on pro shane amateur and papou was custom

#11 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:36 PM

On OGT forum, refresh it the second time and you'll see the latest status of OGT Teamspeak, which will show you the players that are in their.   8 players in there now.  Come join us.

#12 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:58 PM

cheers zmax must do soon but tonight with my drunken words slurrings with my belfast accent you guys wouldnt understand a word :blink:

#13 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:04 AM

Hehe.   We got guys from England, Scotland, Denmark, German, Australia, etc...  I'm sure we can find a translator for you....lol

#14 hhatch

hhatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:56 AM

The same person did this to me twice. I will never play him again. If he joins my game I will kick him.

• Perculator likes this

#15 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:48 AM

Fair play to you hhatch thanks for the heads up as some on here wouldnt believe me.

#16 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:54 AM

wow hangover from hell need a drink

#17 GolferMike

GolferMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:49 PM

I can't find the teamspeak info on OGT I am reg. on that site no multiplayer rounds no more if I see one it is locked single rounds with or with out AI gets old

#18 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:23 PM

http://onlinegolftou....php?f=62&t=366

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#19 GolferMike

GolferMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:23 PM

Thanks for reply

#20 Splash

Splash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUSA / Michigan

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:32 AM

Ya it can be hard to find 1, I'm not on all the time, but it can be tough. Usually if I hang long enough if I have time you can usually get 1 not always. Was thinkin' on joinin' 1 of the clubs maybe this winter, so much crap to do around house right now, only time I have is at night. But I also just want to play 9 or 18 without a tournament. Pays to have friends on here.

AMD 8350 @ 4.8 / XSPC Raystorm H2O Kit & RX240 Radiator

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Kingston HyperX Beast 1866 CL 9-10-11 @ 1.5 volt

EVGA 980ti Classified @ 1521 / 1.21 volt

2 Kingston 3K 120 GB SSD's [System & Game Drives]

CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000w PS

CoolerMaster HAF 922 Case

Panasonic 55 inch Viera Plasma 60Hz [DSR 3840 x 2160 - 60Hz for gaming]

7.1 Realtek Onboard / Optic Cable to ONKYO 1000w Rec. @ 24Bit / 192

7 Terabyte of Western Digital & Seagate SATA Storage

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Charter Cable Internet / 65MB sec. Down & 5MB sec. Up