#42 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:17 AM

This is VERY exciting.

The look of the courses is so much more realistic than TGC's "cartoony" feel.

That is just the tip of the iceberg on all the things that excite me about this game!!!

#43 Haymaker Snoopy

Haymaker Snoopy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

You're welcome Volker. We deeply care about your excitement, so allow me to aggravate your condition... If you should seek extasy beyond your excitement, I strongly recommend that you click on the HD button on the Vimeo window below before starting the clip. Everybody should do that...

So, showtime! Picture quality is not good, but that's my the fault of my rig, the game looks very fine. In this video you will see a dramatic mishit on the 3rd hole, caused by lag, which was caused by running the screen cap app, which resulted in a delayed 3rd click, which created a very bad shot. That's alpha to you, baby... it'll get sorted...

Aaanyway, today's sunday stroll will take us to the eminently beautiful and staggeringly breathtaking Shadowlands course, which was created by our very own Mike Jones. Mike, being chronically shy and obsessively self-effacing - a tragic victim of true British understatement and inhumanly rigorous stiffupperlippedness - would never ever muster the nerve to toot his own horn.

And yet he should. But he won't. So I must. Now, everybody, give the man a round of applause and... Toot!

Great stuff! Is it only in first person? I know on an older video I saw a golfer there taking a swing. 

• remers likes this

#44 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

Great stuff! Is it only in first person? I know on an older video I saw a golfer there taking a swing. 

HS,

Yes, at the moment, as we have no golfer animation in the current ALPHA testing build.

The clips you may have seen from months past, were where PP had put an animation in to a replay clip, to show off what the appearance of an animation may look like.

;)

#45 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:08 AM

Coming together very nicely gents! Glad to see some actual game play in action. The shadows and daylight really give it that extra realism. 

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#46 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

Coming as I do from the 'Old School' from Links2003 this latest news from PP is really very exciting indeed.  The few videos that I have seen (particularly in this thread) have made me dare to dream that such iconic masterpieces of Links 2003 design (such as Shadowlands) will have a 'new feel' to them once PP release a version for PC play.  Fingers crossed that major problems remain few and far between and that PP will surpass the experience that Links has provided all these years . :) 

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#47 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

Coming as I do from the 'Old School' from Links2003 this latest news from PP is really very exciting indeed.  The few videos that I have seen (particularly in this thread) have made me dare to dream that such iconic masterpieces of Links 2003 design (such as Shadowlands) will have a 'new feel' to them once PP release a version for PC play.  Fingers crossed that major problems remain few and far between and that PP will surpass the experience that Links has provided all these years . :)

Yo, Mailman....good to see you. I'm alpha testing too, and it is coming along nicely. The Devs are doing a great job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users