Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:58 AM

BARE Golf 

Membership sign on here. Please submit your Name and your Home Course (JNPG course)

BARE Golf will provide competitions for people who enjoy playing Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf without the distraction of text on the game screen.

The competition and submitting of scores will be using an honor system. The player will be trusted to turn off BLI and grids. They will also be trusted to turn off all course information by pressing Control+Alt+U.

The competitions will be played at Pro level and using RTS-M or RTS_H swing methods exclusively.

Players will not have access to any on-screen data. Please consider all the above before signing on.

Thank you

Ted Ball

• tlvx and StoneComet like this

#2 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:42 AM

Might have to get some tuition in mouse swing. You know where I can get that.  ;)

Going to have to see before I sign up. Good luck to all those that enter sounds like a fun time.  :)

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#3 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:07 AM

Yeah I might be lucky to get a playing partner here Stone - apart from yourself.

They used to say if you have one Beatle in the studio it will be interesting. Two Beatles and it will be a lot of fun. Three Beatles will be incredible. If you get four Beatles in the studio it will be the most amazing music of all time.

I'm aiming for four.

• cajuncapgun and StoneComet like this

#4 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:36 AM

Cheers Ted, I'm in...

JoeBradley - Florida Glades (Edit: Oops - just seen the link to form)

Will events appear under Public Tournaments and rounds submitted that way, same as NAP?

#5 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:53 AM

Joe, thanks man. I've just added you to the website.

Nice choice for your homeground.

Joe...When I set up a competition I'll ask the players to send their score to the website. I have no access to the JNPG API thing. 

#6 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:02 AM

While you're there - can I just say how fascinating it is to be able to play a stimulating game of a very good likeness of golf almost exactly like I would play it in real life. Score and all; and without all that stuff on the screen.

We should applaud this achievement of Perfect Parallel.

#7 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:05 AM

ive signed up ted aka(skunky)ive played 6 rounds in BARE ,my scores range from 79 to 89. whats intresting  is the last golf i played IRL.(last week) i scored an 85. hope to see more people try this.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#8 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

Gotcha skunky. Thanks man.

Good scoring. I see a lot of myself in my JNPG game (BARE version).

#9 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

Alright, I haven't even tried to hone my mouse swing skills, but what the heck. I'm in. Ted, what is your home course and are we allowed to have any or do they get taken up. To be honest, I have not played a ton of courses yet so I'll be back later to sign in.  :)

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#10 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:28 PM

Ok, I'm in.  Been practicing my RTSM Pro skills.  This should be fun.

• Ted_Ball likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#11 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:55 PM

Stone.....your home course is where you feel at home. You will play there more than anywhere else so it pays to get to know it.

#12 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

I signed up ... my home course is one I've never even played yet!  LOL 

I'm a bit worried I've signed up to too many events/tournaments, but I'm hoping to have time to compete in them.

#13 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:27 PM

ted my home course is southhampton links,thanks!

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#14 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:29 AM

I've decided on East Sussex National West Course for my home course. Once controller can disable the HUD will we be able to play with a controller? Or will it always be mouse only?  B)

#15 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:49 AM

You won't like my answer Stone.

Anyway, great choice of home ground.

#16 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:03 AM

I've added a message to the sign on website for member's info.

#17 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:01 PM

The first BARE comp is now active.

DETAILS HERE

#18 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:03 PM

Just to be clear.  I will play my course twice and play Skunky's and Stone's once each, right?

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#19 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:30 PM

Hi Ted, Like Crow, I have I assumed you play the home course of the player in the upper box, so I have just played Medinah at RTS-H Pro, back tees. Wasn't sure what conditions I was supposed to set so I set normal greens, medium pins, stimp 11, and calm conditions. Hope that's OK. I submitted my score via your web site. Happy to play the round again if I should have set different conditions - maybe the home player should choose in the future? Just a thought. Thanks goodness the water hazards at Medinah are visible from the tee, because it was hit-and-hope otherwise. I did remember to draw around trees from a couple of tee boxes, so it's a great way to play to build that realistic knowledge rather than just blithely aiming in the top cam. Even managed to read a couple of the green breaks and made a longish birdie putt, so that was satisfying. Also remembered a dead-flat green (not saying which...) and thought I might make it from about 30-40ft. Stopped about 2" short. Duh! Anyway, very much enjoyed this, so many thanks for setting this up. Recorded the round, too, so may watch back to learn from mistakes.   

PS Initially forgot to disable Scorecard/Leaderboard at end of hole and wondered why game hung after every hole. Maybe add a reminder list of what to turn off in your game mode info?

• Ted_Ball and StoneComet like this

#20 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:20 PM

Yeah.  In this format you will play your home track twice and the other tracks once. The top row is the home player. I'll add a rules and info page directly (never 'soon')

Because I can't provide a third home game for everyone, I'll determine who gets the extra home game by the three leading players on the points table after the first 12 matches. After the home and away round I'll have a Final for the top two.

I took too long over finding a decent free webbuilder and then building the site to find time to put in place buttons to display your home conditions. I'll be on to those extra functions in the next few days but I wanted to get started on the matches. Please bear with me and play your rounds at your leisure with you setting the conditions for all matches initially.

Good suggestions Joe. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users