#201 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:31 PM

I can use the keyboard while using the controller. I don't know what you are talking about it being "disabled." I am on a laptop, hook it to the TV so it is in dual monitor mode, and then have to press the function lock key before hitting f8. Not sure what you are talking about.

In fact, I have been using chat on the game with the controller and keyboard since I started playing.

I'll try again. I was streaming from my desktop to laptop when I tried. Maybe it will work when I'm directly on the machine.

For the record... I wasn't second guessing you, just asking because I want to try what you're doing for myself.

And the keyboard is mostly disabled when using the controller. You can still chat but none of the hotkeys work. That's all I was saying.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#202 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:33 PM

I don;t have an Xbox 1 to test. Can you enable steam broadcasting and let me watch you hit shots on the range? So I can see whats going on.

I'll test this later today on my XB1 controller to see if I'm getting the same thing. I'll also test it with my DS4 controller as well.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#203 fishwicket79

fishwicket79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:36 PM

Got proof? For some reason I don't believe you as I haven't heard of any other controller player having any issues.

I use Xbox one controller and can't hit on plane if my life depended on it.have to compensate to hit it straightish

#204 JBrown247

JBrown247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

I use Xbox one controller and can't hit on plane if my life depended on it.have to compensate to hit it straightish

exactly! The xbox 1 Y axis isn't even set up correctly. I have to compensate on every shot and now it gives the "anti cheat" as well. 

#205 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:46 PM

r had the cheat come up, but the cheat was coming up after hole 6 during rounds so I don't know if I hit enough at the range to activate it. I just played another 9 with another xbox 1 controller and had the same exact results. I am not a cheater. I don't even come close to winning OGT tournies and play in TP. It isn't like I am some jagbag trying to win by cheating. If I was, I wouldn't be wasting my time by shooting E - +5 every round on TP.

This reminded me: Yesterday playing OGT both game 1 and 2 the anti cheat kicked in on hole 6 BOTH TIMES. Then at least one more time after that, don't remember what holes.

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#206 JBrown247

JBrown247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:21 PM

This reminded me: Yesterday playing OGT both game 1 and 2 the anti cheat kicked in on hole 6 BOTH TIMES. Then at least one more time after that, don't remember what holes.

After it kicks in on me, it pretty much places every other drive after that 100 yards left or right. If this stopped cheaters, great! But there is no logical why anyone who has ever played with me could call me a cheater. 

#207 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:27 PM

I'm a little confused.  The notes for the patch release referred to an anti-cheat for certain controllers.  In this thread there have been comments about the anti-cheat and motion swing.  Does the anti-cheat also impact RTSM or only MS?  Thanks.

RTSM - Pro

#208 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:38 PM

I'm a little confused.  The notes for the patch release referred to an anti-cheat for certain controllers.  In this thread there have been comments about the anti-cheat and motion swing.  Does the anti-cheat also impact RTSM or only MS?  Thanks.

Any swing ......you move the mouse

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#209 xooze

xooze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:56 PM

I just got an update from steam that the anti cheat has been removed, for more investigation.

#210 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:13 PM

I would like to thank Andrew and mike for realizing the false positives were ,in fact happening and hope there will be a way in the future to still be able to detect the cheaters and not penalize the player that are not... There has to be a way to read the device input and be able to tell if some one is tweaking resolution or dpi to gain an advantage.

• Fairwayman likes this
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#211 fishwicket79

fishwicket79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:43 PM

exactly! The xbox 1 Y axis isn't even set up correctly. I have to compensate on every shot and now it gives the "anti cheat" as well.

the anti cheat should only affect people that regularly hit zero plane,so it won't affect all Xbox one or ps4 controllers

#212 JBrown247

JBrown247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:54 PM

seems to be fixed for Xbox 1 controller

Thanks!

#213 JBrown247

JBrown247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:55 PM

the anti cheat should only affect people that regularly hit zero plane,so it won't affect all Xbox one or ps4 controllers

#yawn 

#214 fishwicket79

fishwicket79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

#yawn

if your tired go to bed and stop whining like a bitch

#215 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:21 PM

It's the way of the world these days, things are done to stop the few but it ends up punishing the many as well.

As far as I can see if you can find a legal technique or style that allows you hit fairly straight you shouldn't be punished just because a few use illegal means  ;)

I know that if I anchor my wrist and grip the mouse correctly I can blue line shots in Links if my tempo is right.

Just need to find a way to translate it to PG at some time  :P

Posted Image

#216 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

mommy heard you and everything will be okay now.

#217 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

Forget all this time consuming technical solution against cheaters. Just implement a good handicap system. Even as an amateur level player I wouldn't be daunted at playing the best, legit or not, in a handicap tournament.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#218 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

Forget all this time consuming technical solution against cheaters. Just implement a good handicap system. Even as an amateur level player I wouldn't be daunted at playing the best, legit or not, in a handicap tournament.

Meh.  I dislike handicap systems and I'm glad we don't have one here.  This notion of everyone gets a trophy or a chance to win simply stifles competition in my opinion.  Especially when it comes to computer golf.

Maybe it would work.  Not saying it's not a good idea.  I'm just not a fan of this sort of system.  In my opinion, this is what we have different difficulty levels for.

• frank70 likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#219 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

No handicap system is perfect or to everyone's taste. But what it does do is allow mixed skill levels to compete together on one tour. So you could have an Amateur player competing against his pal week in week out, who plays at Pro. Depending on their respective abilities at each skill level would determine their handicap. Yes, the Amateur level would be accepted as being the easier of the two, but in this case, the Amateur player may be off -3 and the Pro player off +2, so the Pro player gives his pal a 5 shot start each event.

Having different skill levels is fine, but you only generally compete against the same skill when playing scratch tours, so the above scenario never happens.

• Parkle likes this

#220 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:31 PM

No handicap system is perfect or to everyone's taste. But what it does do is allow mixed skill levels to compete together on one tour. So you could have an Amateur player competing against his pal week in week out, who plays at Pro. Depending on their respective abilities at each skill level would determine their handicap. Yes, the Amateur level would be accepted as being the easier of the two, but in this case, the Amateur player may be off -3 and the Pro player off +2, so the Pro player gives his pal a 5 shot start each event.

Having different skill levels is fine, but you only generally compete against the same skill when playing scratch tours, so the above scenario never happens.

It might work.  I'd be willing to give it a shot.  I'm just not a fan based on what I've seen before.

But when it comes to using a handicap system to combat cheating... I think that's a bad idea because when it comes to the top percentile of players, people will eventually start comparing gross scores and this is where things start coming unhinged.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users