#21 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:17 PM

I think i just missed something ... So you dont want to play by yourself so in turn you play with your self on a previously recorded round? so you are still playing alone? i think im confused.... You do realize you can play ogt tour ronds in multi player no?

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#22 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:50 PM

Yes, you've missed something.

Although it's a recording of myself it is just like playing against another human being. Ideally, I would be playing against a recording from another member. But playing against my own round is a good practice tool and it's much more motivational than being the only one out there. Apart from a practice tool it's a lot of fun to challenge yourself competitively.

I could play against anyone in multiplayer but it's not as practical for a number of reasons. Being in Australia is just one reason. 

• RobV likes this

#23 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:30 PM

Ok, kinda get it. I would hope that this would ne for practice and not in any sanctioned tour play...
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#24 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:52 AM

Do you mean in spite of what Mike has said in this thread? In the official JNPG tournaments this looks like it would be acceptable. In OGT tournaments the OGT management can make it clear it is not.

In any competitions I ran it would be encouraged.

#25 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:05 AM

I've made 4 rounds of BARE golf available at Mega in FLV format, in case anyone is interested (I'm not sure if only I can access this folder on Mega or if all can):

https://mega.nz/#F!6...VAJT5axgIdjwulQ

I don't recall the scores but I think the set-up and conditions are in the videos themselves (I could look up the scores from my spreadsheet, but I have little doubt that they can easily be beaten).

EDIT:  New link added, per Art's message below.  Thanks!

Edited by Armand, 01 September 2016 - 03:32 AM.

#26 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:14 AM

I've made 4 rounds of BARE golf available at Mega in FLV format, in case anyone is interested (I'm not sure if only I can access this folder on Mega or if all can):

https://mega.nz/#F!65Q2BC6T

I don't recall the scores but I think the set-up and conditions are in the videos themselves (I could look up the scores from my spreadsheet, but I have little doubt that they can easily be beaten).

You have to post the link that includes the key.  There's an option on that screen when you get the link at Mega.

• Armand likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#27 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:31 AM

Thanks, Art.

#28 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:44 AM

:ph34r: 

#29 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:30 AM

Yes in regards to what mike said. I would not want somebody recording a round ,set the same as a tournament, then refer to video as an aid for a tournamet round.. that would be like the old shot preview or putt preview..lets stop trying to teverse engineer this game and just play the damn thing
  • Tigers Agent likes this
Ncccrca.jpg

#30 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:35 AM

Old shot preview? Putt preview? Reverse engineer? Play the damn thing?

(This guy has a beef with me. Oh well.)

#31 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:23 PM

No beef, how you play is your buisness. You did ask if it was a legit way to play.... then asked even after mikes comments. I just commented on for tourney play it shouldn't be allowed. Other games have used previews as aids and that's what i was referring to. Hope that clears up your confusion.
Ncccrca.jpg

#32 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:02 AM

Oh, you have a beef.

If it's my business why would you say "lets stop trying to teverse (sic) engineer this game and just play the damn thing"?

I'm not confused about your mendacity and complete lack of wit and wholesale use of capital letters in private messages, that's for sure. 

#33 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:48 AM

First of all, I have long argued that we should have the information that Mike alluded to in his post...at all times...if we choose to. Its realistic in a tour setting (as he said). Secondly, once the AI is fixed properly :o , that would make this situation moot (unless you really WANT to play against yourself...which is just fine with me).

#34 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:35 AM

First of all, I have long argued that we should have the information that Mike alluded to in his post...at all times...if we choose to. Its realistic in a tour setting (as he said). Secondly, once the AI is fixed properly :o , that would make this situation moot (unless you really WANT to play against yourself...which is just fine with me).

If you're going to quote me please quote me so it's a little clearer what you mean. You can use the top view to check all the distances already and we provide a BLI and grid to provide slope information so what other information are you talking about?

#35 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:10 PM

Here's your original quote:

Having seen the guide books available to the real life tour players with yardages, and slope % on the greens, I would argue that they get at least as much information if not more than what Ted suggests and of course they usually play multiple practice rounds and take notes etc as well as seeing all the other practice shots their playing partners make too,

As this is a video game I think it's reasonable to do this sort of thing to speed up the learning process as after all you still need to hit the shot once you have planned it out correctly. The realistic way our physics is applied mean that small differences in the shot execution can have big differences in the end result anyway.

I couldn't agree more. I'm just saying that further aids to duplicate the course knowledge available to the pros would be nice. For example, trying to evaluate the contours of the green when making approach shots should be easier (maybe a pop up contour map). Anything to make evaluating the swing necessary for the desired shot easier (but still require knowledge of the game), so that the emphasis is on execution. Any such aids should be optional to please the purists out there.

Sorry Mike if I didn't make this clearer. I guess I thought you were a mind reader.

#36 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:20 PM

Here's your original quote:

I couldn't agree more. I'm just saying that further aids to duplicate the course knowledge available to the pros would be nice. For example, trying to evaluate the contours of the green when making approach shots should be easier (maybe a pop up contour map). Anything to make evaluating the swing necessary for the desired shot easier (but still require knowledge of the game), so that the emphasis is on execution. Any such aids should be optional to please the purists out there.

Sorry Mike if I didn't make this clearer. I guess I thought you were a mind reader.

You can hit F2 and then go in for a closer look with F5 if you need to. The tools are there but it's up to you how you use them.

#37 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:07 AM

I do that...it's inconvenient (compared to hitting a key to bring up a topo of the green)...and I think we've had this conversation before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users